Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

quantumofire

Posted Sat Oct 3rd, 2009 11:35pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

I thought, since we're all having trouble with the lovely little things mark I topic, I'd start a new one...at least I hope this works.

May all your inner bunny rabbits be fluffy ones

http://quantumofire.blogspot.com/

Breaking contradictions in his mind was, to him, like walking through a winter forest snapping twigs underfoot.

ginj

Member *

Posted Sun Oct 4th, 2009 1:29am Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

I love your title.

Katrina

Posted Sun Oct 4th, 2009 7:09am Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

YAY! A few things:
My sisters and I were babysitting a couple little girls, and one of them had to go to the bathroom, so someone took her. The next thing I heard was, "WOW! Can you smell my POOP from here?!"

Homecoming was today, and with that comes really old alumni. I love hearing their stories about what it was like here in the 50's, etc. Just makes me smile.

My parents also came for Homecoming and got me more Crystal Light packets. Score.

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

Laur1991

Posted Sun Oct 4th, 2009 8:44am Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

^For some reason I read Crystal Light as crystal meth. Had me worried for a second.

I'm happy because they've started to sell Flake bars here! My life is complete.

tito

Member *

Posted Sun Oct 4th, 2009 1:40pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

My lovely little thing was that my husband drove me to a countryside resevoir the other day and I walked up to the waters edge (Well almost) and along a bit and it felt wonderful and lifted me no end.

Now I have my walking stick, I hope not for ever, I can be about a bit more.

speckledband

Posted Sun Oct 4th, 2009 3:41pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

I made friends with a pony last year that lives near me, i used to take her apples and carrots to eat long story short she got ill and old and had to be put to sleep
So i thought! but today she is back in her field, it turned out she had "mange" on her fur and had to be taken away for a while but she is fine now
Sorry for the ramble.

exoskeleton

Posted Sun Oct 4th, 2009 3:44pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

yesterday was just the nicest weather. I keep having really intense dreams, which I count as lovely for bwig interesting. two nights ago someone I know and care about dramatically died, but then in the dream I woke up, found it was a dream, but then found out everyone else who would care had dreamed of some kind of death for the person as well. tonight I had people traveling time, they were the only ones who knew it. one was a group of people who were putting on a small musical as a way of self-improvement. they were a lot better. it wasn't all good because
in the new reality, one of the girls murdered a man in self defense but she didn't want to upset the others. the world itself was getting molten and there was lots of warfare. then they were joined by another girl who could remember the past world as well. she joined their show and invited some of the people she remembered from her other life, and only one came, but was pleased to find out she wasn't a menace to people in this new life. after the musical it seemed best that everyone hid. (that second one I was actually watching a movie while being in it, because I remember the new girl expressing recognition when she saw the man from her other life that she'd invited and though "she's acting."

sockdolager.

Katrina

Posted Sun Oct 4th, 2009 8:03pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

Laur1991 said:
^For some reason I read Crystal Light as crystal meth. Had me worried for a second.

Believe me, in my world they are one and the same!

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

exoskeleton

Posted Sun Oct 4th, 2009 10:02pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

I am so excited about finding this site, I know no one here cares but I'm thrilled. (drawings/paintings, hopefully, plus just cool.)
http://www.doctormacro1.info/Movie%20Star%20Pages/Marx%20Brothers.htm

sockdolager.

Laur1991

Posted Mon Oct 5th, 2009 2:01am Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

This was quite lovely for a variety of reasons:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCbVw03zEyU

-First off... The Prime Minister can SING?
-Secondly... He likes the Beatles?!
-And thirdly... he "gets high with a little help from his friends?" Is this a sign of things to come?

exoskeleton

Posted Mon Oct 5th, 2009 2:41am Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

^lol, that is amusing!! he was actually sing pretty well on pitch and with good rhythm.

sockdolager.

tito

Member *

Posted Mon Oct 5th, 2009 4:04pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

exoskeleton said:
I am so excited about finding this site, I know no one here cares but I'm thrilled. (drawings/paintings, hopefully, plus just cool.)
http://www.doctormacro1.info/Movie%20Star%20Pages/Marx%20Brothers.htm

I'm glad you put this here. It had Laurel and Hardy images too and my son is huge fan. It gave me the idea of ordering him a (smallish) Laurel and Hardy poster from another site as a 'stocking filler' for Christmas.

Rain Dog

Posted Tue Oct 6th, 2009 4:53pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

I think that talking about Stephen Fry, uninterrupted, for fifteen minutes is quite lovely, no matter how nerve-wracking it might be too.

Another Stephen-related lovely little thing today: sitting behind the counter at the shop and ending up reading the Last Chance to See book because there were no customers.

marzgirl

Posted Tue Oct 6th, 2009 10:01pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

I was just watching a bird out my window. It was black and white with a perfect red cap on it's head. I am not one to just watch birds but this one was interesting. I don't know what kind it was. The red cap was very stricking.

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
~Martin Luther King Jr.~

Laur1991

Posted Wed Oct 7th, 2009 5:25am Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

^Sounds a bit like a woodpecker! I'm unusually obsessed with watching birds. Even crows. To me, they're just as interesting as seeing a Grizzly walk down the street. (...ok, well, not really).

Anyway,
My Art History prof was talking about the acropolis where the Parthenon is. I had to contain my laughter when she started to talk about its lack of straight lines.