Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

exoskeleton

Posted Thu Oct 8th, 2009 7:38pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

yes, I really would like to read the original as well, it's good you reminded me! the only copy my school library has is not in English. I might buy it used.

I'm really excited to receive it after reading both of your reviews! I'm enthusiastic about nature already, and I like learning about animals, so add in Mark and Stephen and I can't think of a book that would better suit me! will be running to my mailbox right when I get home.

get to school home from being at home home...that's confusing. but it means that tomorrow I get to see my precious little doggie pie for the first time since AUGUST!!!

sockdolager.

Mrs D

Posted Thu Oct 8th, 2009 10:20pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

I love all your lovely little things, they have made me feel very

My own lovely little thing was the return home an hour ago of my gorgeous sons following a ten day holiday with their father. I have missed them unimaginably, and hugged the life out of them. As they are 16 and almost 18, I had expected a rather embarrassed 'Awww, gerroff Mum!!' but have been most convincingly hugged back by both of them. Boys are evidently never too old for Mummy cuddles. I feel all warm inside now......

I definitely talk too much.........please feel free to tell me to shut up - I almost never take offence!

marzgirl

Posted Fri Oct 9th, 2009 1:04am Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAfcBwYuNDU

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
~Martin Luther King Jr.~

exoskeleton

Posted Fri Oct 9th, 2009 5:48pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

I got this from the library so I'll never be caught off-guard again:
http://www.amazon.com/Mighty-Fine-Words-Smashing-Expressions/dp/0195157044

also I got a reallllly high score on an exam I received back today. I took it the same day I did reallllly poorly in lab. so that was a mixed day of achievements. but I shouldn't try to spoil it, I am very pleased with myself.

sockdolager.

ginj

Member *

Posted Fri Oct 9th, 2009 6:46pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

Haha, looks like an interesting book. And congrats on the test score.

Mrs. D that is sweet. I am very pleased to say that my nephew (who is now 32) never outgrew hugging. It's funny when he became a teen I stopped expecting hugs when he was leaving after a visit, however, on his own he never stopped giving them. Still does. Makes me proud of him.

Laur1991

Posted Fri Oct 9th, 2009 6:57pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

It's finally the Thanksgiving long weekend! Mmmm Eating 3 turkey dinners in 2 and a half days is certainly a lovely thing. I hope I can fit in to my clothes on Tuesday!

marzgirl

Posted Fri Oct 9th, 2009 7:24pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

Well done exo, well done!!!! What are you studying by the way?

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
~Martin Luther King Jr.~

exoskeleton

Posted Fri Oct 9th, 2009 8:02pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

marzgirl said:
Well done exo, well done!!!! What are you studying by the way?

biology. I really enjoy it, but when I have to take courses with pre-med students, it can be very competitive.

sockdolager.

marzgirl

Posted Fri Oct 9th, 2009 8:13pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

i can only imagine. my old neighbor is a doctor. so competitive. and the amount of information she held in her brain was just amazing.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~

Katrina

Posted Sat Oct 10th, 2009 8:57am Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

exoskeleton said:
biology. I really enjoy it, but when I have to take courses with pre-med students, it can be very competitive.

YAYYY!!!
It's about that time, getting the first round of exams back.
I know the science/engineering exams here are massively curved so that like 34% is an A. Is that the crap you're having to deal with? It's like, why don't you just make the tests so that someone can actually GET an A?
Anyway, no matter what, that's still awesome, and takes a lot of pressure off. I'm at the point now where I can do all the equations to find out how well I have to do on the rest of my stuff to get an A in the class. It's the most math I do these days.

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

Mrs D

Posted Sat Oct 10th, 2009 10:18am Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

Today's lovely little thing is just that, after a very busy, stressful and hardworking week, it is LOVELY SATURDAY and I do not have to go to work

As I have been very good and done all the shopping and housework as well, I plan to spend a very lazy weekend, enjoying doing very little

I definitely talk too much.........please feel free to tell me to shut up - I almost never take offence!

exoskeleton

Posted Sat Oct 10th, 2009 5:31pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

Boiler12 said:
YAYYY!!!
It's about that time, getting the first round of exams back.
I know the science/engineering exams here are massively curved so that like 34% is an A. Is that the crap you're having to deal with? It's like, why don't you just make the tests so that someone can actually GET an A?
Anyway, no matter what, that's still awesome, and takes a lot of pressure off. I'm at the point now where I can do all the equations to find out how well I have to do on the rest of my stuff to get an A in the class. It's the most math I do these days.

a lot of my classes try to have averages around 60%-70%, because they say it makes nicer distributions. I have taken a few exams like that though. in this case I was one of the grades way at the top of the distribution (it would have been an A back in high school.) makes going home for break more pleasant.

sockdolager.

quantumofire

Posted Sat Oct 10th, 2009 10:56pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

I've just eaten a packet of smoky bacon crisps and two cabanosi. Delicious

http://quantumofire.blogspot.com/

Breaking contradictions in his mind was, to him, like walking through a winter forest snapping twigs underfoot.

quantumofire

Posted Sun Oct 11th, 2009 1:50am Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

When I can't sleep - I love listening to Dotun Adebayo MBE on radio 5live - New York conversation, and if I'm still up, the film phone-in.

And the book phone-in on Sunday night after 2am.

http://quantumofire.blogspot.com/

Breaking contradictions in his mind was, to him, like walking through a winter forest snapping twigs underfoot.

Laur1991

Posted Sun Oct 11th, 2009 7:56am Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

One thanksgiving dinner done, two to go.

Another lovely thing: I'm going to the States on Monday to do some power shopping! I can't wait for the traditional Target and Carl's Junior run.