Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Britannicus

Posted Sat Jan 8th, 2011 11:33pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

Chicken liver. Nummy.

My brother alternating between snoring loudly and muttering gibberish. I ask him, "What?" and he'll respond... Poor guy thinks he makes sense.

"Your room...it's CLEAN!!!"
"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

marzgirl

Posted Sun Jan 9th, 2011 8:49pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

LOL!! me ex used to talk in his sleep. I would ask questions and he would answer. So one year I asked what he got me for Christmas and he laughed and said "would'nt you like to know". Even in his sleep he could keep a secret.

My son brought home his school report this past Friday. He got five A's, one A- and a B!!!!! He has not had grades like that since the start of last school year!!! Whoop Whoop!!!!!!

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
~Martin Luther King Jr.~

TripsOverHisCats

Posted Tue Jan 11th, 2011 5:26pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

http://english.ahram.org.eg/News/3365.aspx
This restored my faith in humanity a little.

If, with the literate, I am
Impelled to try an epigram,
I never seek to take the credit;
We all assume that Oscar said it.
* Dorothy Parker

ginj

Member *

Posted Fri Jan 14th, 2011 1:09pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

Unexpected kindness. I went to a party last night, I am uncomfortable, and usually unhappy, at parties. However, last night was a lovely little thing, thanks to the kindness of people there. I am ready to go back again tonight.

Tabascofanatikerin

Posted Fri Jan 14th, 2011 6:09pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

Ouh, lovely idea for a thread

Yesterday evening I briefly went out to buy dinner food for me and my boyfriend. I had to wait a while longer in the queue (some ladies in front of me had special wishes or something *g*) when I heard happy squeeking behind me - a mother had her baby with her and that baby was squeeking and laughing like those babies in commercials and stuff.
That's

BTW: I also love to make babies and little children laugh or smile whenever our eyes meet and the parents pay no attention. And whenever it works it's awesome

Always remember: The answer is forty-two, there can only be wrong questions!

Katrina

Posted Sat Jan 15th, 2011 3:23am Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

BABIES!!! My biological self is hardcore baby-crazy at the moment, so I do a lot of living vicariously through other people's babies.

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

ROYGBIV

Posted Sun Jan 16th, 2011 9:51pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

What a great thread
Acts of kindness from strangers that remind me not to give on humanity and there are some good 'uns out there. Surely that's enough to make anyone smile
That,
and hugs! Surely they're love personified ?

And as for global warming, we'll just kick ass wearing shades

Katrina

Posted Fri Jan 28th, 2011 12:46am Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

My sister set up a Facebook for my dad a couple days ago that he just found out about tonight. I find this hilarious, and hey, he already has like twelve friends! Apparently, he is inspired by Drew Brees (true) and reads books (untrue)! I told him it's his fault that at the youngish age of 48, he can't keep track of these things himself.

Katrina

Posted Wed Feb 2nd, 2011 12:46am Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

Come on people, I know I'm not the only one to whom awesome stuff happens. So... COLLEGE SNOW DAY!!! Purdue cancels classes about once every three hundred years, and it's not because it doesn't snow here, it's because they're minor-to-moderate tools. So today (and probably tomorrow) is my alloted day. If only they could've remembered this freshman year when I walked to class in like -30* weather. Not cute.

Anyone else in the U.S. ready the the apocalypse? How much do we want to bet it ends up being like two inches of snow?

Britannicus

Posted Thu Feb 10th, 2011 4:08am Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

Was looking through old photos that my grandparents have saved, and I found a really old beat up one from the 19th century that has a single bearded man surrounded by six women. *scratches head* Now there's plenty of polygamy in the family history, but this man doesn't look familiar at all and the damned photo isn't labelled. Are they his wives, his daughters or what??? How the hell are we related? I want to know, damn it!!!

Also found my great-grandmother's diploma. That piece of paper will be 100 years old this spring!

"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

Britannicus

Posted Fri Feb 11th, 2011 3:28am Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

Photo mystery solved -- he's my great-great-great grandfather! And they're his daughters! Ta-da!

Clive

Posted Wed Feb 16th, 2011 3:30pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

Does anyone else feel that the second half of February has a weird, dream-like feeling to it?

On Monday we had a Valentine's 'do' at the bingo hall. The hall was festooned with pink and silver heart-shaped helium balloons, sugar paper cupids and pink and silver stars. We gave all of the customers glasses of champagne and Valentine's cupcakes. C___ (a very sweet young man from Cashline) was dressed as our mascot, Rebecca, which necessitated a huge foam outfit with a fake bulbous head, a long pink dress covered in bingo numbers, enormous high-heeled shoes and a handbag (he was the only one petite enough to fit inside the costume). At the beginning of the Main Session, we were all forced to do the Club Dance (it's a little similar to the Macarena, only performed to our special Bingo-themed song), us Team Members around mainstage, with the managers onstage and Rebecca in the middle.

The customers applauded enthusiastically at the end.

Team Leader S____ had acquired real red chrysanthemum buttonholes for all of us with sprays of baby's breath, which we pinned to our tops. Unfortunately, mine brought me out in what can only be described as Buttonhole Boob Rash, and I was forced to remove it expediently.

Halfway through the night I realised that the red top I'd acquired for the occasion revealed my nipples obscenely, which for some reason had become startlingly erect, possibly in response to the chrysanthemum-induced Buttonhole Boob Rash. I ducked into Booksales, where A___ provided me with two post-it notes to stick over my nipples inside my bra to flatten them down. It seemed to work.

We went out on the Town afterwards, and I wore my Ellen Degeneres/Beetlejuice ensemble - black jeans, a purple man's shirt, black and white sneakers and a pinstripe jacket. P___ and me were getting cash out of a hole in the wall when a drunk vague acquaintance staggered up and engaged us in conversation. After a minute or so, he suddenly turned to me, his eyes widening in apparent horror and he exclaimed,

'Oh, my God! You're a woman!'

I looked down at myself and exclaimed,

'Oh, my God! So I am!'

Then I punched him in the face. Well. I didn't. But I could have. As it was he staggered away into the night and I murmured 'W*nker* softly under my breath. That showed him.

Soon after, in a club, I encountered a girl from my old Theatre Studies class. After we'd exchanged 'Oh, my God - it's you! How the hell are you's, she took my face in my hands and said passionately, 'Look at you! You're beautiful! You're so beautiful!' I became very confused about the current level of my self-esteem and my projected gender identity and decided after some deliberation that I must in fact look like a beautiful man, which wasn't altogether horrible and might indeed increase my chances of pulling Stephen Fry if I ever met him at a party.

In the next club, I stole P____'s beanie hat and decided to wear it for a while, when N____ demanded that I accompany her outside. Once out there she insisted that she was going to wander off to find her cousin and then fell over spectacularly in the middle of the road. I lifted her back to her feet and suggested that this was perhaps not prudent, but she was most insistent, and I ended up in a taxi with her, trawling the streets for her cousin. I might've been more relaxed, but I was very aware that I'd stolen P____'s hat and had left my Beetlejuice jacket back in the club. When we found the cousin, N____ spent at least twenty minutes screaming her name out of the taxi window, her cousin resolutely ignoring her. The taxi driver was remarkably long-suffering, but I'm certain he wouldn't have been half as patient if N____ hadn't happened to be a little person and his sense of mis-guided Political Correctness so powerful.

In the end, we made it back to the club, sans cousin, and I returned the hat and retrieved my jacket.

Do you know, the lovely little thing about all of this was that it all distracted me marvellously from the fact that I am ALONE - DESPERATELY, DESPERATELY ALONE AND DESPAIRING OF EVER FINDING MY ONE TRUE LOVE on Valentine's Day. MY LIFE IS BARREN - THERE IS NOTHING BUT SAGEBRUSH ON THE ARID HORIZON OF MY ROMANTIC LANDSCAPE. I SLEEP IN AN EMPTY BED... I CRY IN AN EMPTY ROOM... I SHOWER IN AN EMPTY BATHROOM... I EAT STAG VEGETARIAN CHILLI IN AN EMPTY KITCHEN... MY LIFE IS EMPTY, AND SO IS MY JAR OF VEGEMITE. AND I REALLY FANCY SOME OF THAT ON TOAST RIGHT NOW.

But hey - whaddaya gonna do?

'Vote for E.L. Wisty, or invisible nudists will come along and smash you round the face.'

(E.L. Wisty)

My Attempt at Tumbling

Twitter: @CliveLive49

Katrina

Posted Mon Feb 21st, 2011 12:02pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

Thank you Baby Jesus for the Purdue win today! Now my dad will be happy for at least a week and the Ohio State people will shut up for a while.

Tabascofanatikerin

Posted Mon Feb 21st, 2011 9:10pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

Thai food.
Why? Because considering how little I eat currently because of financial problems real Thai food is like a halleluja for my palate

Always remember: The answer is forty-two, there can only be wrong questions!

Lauren

Posted Tue Mar 1st, 2011 9:29am Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

Got accepted to study in England for the 2012 Spring Semester!

Follow me on Twitter! @Lauren1991