Oh, Katrina - you're so right. Meerkats rock. One of our local parks has a massively exciting attraction called 'Butterfly World' (it's the wildest dive in the area - they have one-hundred-and-seven varieties of crysalises, four quails, several Ghost Koi and literally dozens of butterflies. You pay £5.50 to walk around a wood-chip-strewn path amidst various exotic plants whilst butterflies alight on smelly pieces of semi-foetid banana all around you. It's just like 'Last Chance to See.' It's mint.) A few months ago I visited and they'd installed a meerkat exhibit. And, get this, they had BABY MEERKATS. Leetle tiny BABY MEERKATS with BABY MEERKAT ARMS. They were the cutest things I'd ever seen. I nearly collapsed from the Cute.
D'yknow, I never saw the Sexy Panter-ness of Colin Firth, lol. I was bowled over by his performance in The King's Speech, though. Epic.
My Lovely Little Thing is that I can now call Mainstage Bingo! This is a massive breakthrough. I called the entire Late Session on Tuesday and the last three pages of the Mains on Wednesday. The only hairy moment was when I said 'Eight and eight, eighty-eight,' instead of 'Both the eights, eighty-eight.' Too many eights, there, I fear. I managed, however, to avoid some of the most common novice bingo calling mistakes:
1. Saying 'Two and zero, twenty,' instead of 'Two-oh, twenty.'
2. Saying 'On its own, the number ten.' Terrible one that.
3. Neglecting to finish saying the entire number if someone shouts 'House!' halfway through it. Apparently customers shout and throw things.
4. Accidentally saying the number twice, i.e. 'Sixty-nine, six and nine, sixty-nine,' in an ordinary, in-house game. This style of calling is reserved for the National.
5. Getting a number completely wrong. The day has gone down in Bingo History when one of our callers had a lapse in concentration and called out, 'Seven and eight, the number nine.'
6. Missing a claim. This is apparently the Number 1 cause of mortality amongst bingo callers.
Today I shall call the Earlies. Wish me luck!
'Vote for E.L. Wisty, or invisible nudists will come along and smash you round the face.'
My Attempt at Tumbling