Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

IdeaCollector

Posted Thu Apr 28th, 2011 2:43am Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

My new raincoat is coming tomorrow and I'm absolutely over the moon about it (I am such a nerd).

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

michael

Posted Fri Apr 29th, 2011 3:02am Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

BEER

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

IdeaCollector

Posted Fri Apr 29th, 2011 4:28am Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

If by BEER you mean coconut rum, coke and a bit of cherry juice then I concur

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

AC

Posted Fri Apr 29th, 2011 4:38am Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

Yes, beer is a very lovely thing. Guinness especially.

"Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you." -Oscar Wilde

Clive

Posted Sat Apr 30th, 2011 12:35am Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

Do you know, I was spreading humous on a vegetarian sausage sandwich the other day, and I remembered that I'd heard somewhere, at some time or other, that pets are good for mental illensses.

And then it dawned on me.

Russian Dwarf Hamsters.

Why haven't I thought of this wheeze before?

The upshot of which is... Jeeves...

... and Wooster.

Their bachelor pad (15 Berkeley Square).

Naturally, the minute I released them into 15 Berkeley Square, Jeeves went and tidied the bedding. Wooster, meanwhile, charged over to the exercise wheel, as if to say,
'Gosh, topping!' climbed in, tried to run, slid over and fell onto his back with his legs waving in the air. Jeeves oiled over and gave him a look that seemed to say,
'Be careful, Sir. I had a favoured aunt who sadly perished due to an unhealthy enthusiasm for the exercise wheel.'

It seems to me that these hamsters are in fact perfect incarnations of Wooster and his Gentleman's Personal Gentleman. (Don't worry. My mental illness is OCD, not psychosis. I am of course aware that I am projecting ridiculously).

But it's eerie. Jeeves shimmers about the cage silently, looking at Wooster indulgently yet disapprovingly. He's sharp and intelligent (and obsessed with escape) but definitely chilly - I couldn't even get him to come near my hand until just this evening. Wooster, on the other hand, is carefree and sociable, and biffs about the cage quite happily - he seems content simply to eat, drink and sleep, and hopped right into my hand the minute I put it in front of him. Whenever Jeeves tries to escape, he looks at him in bafflement as if to say, 'But Old Thing, we have everything we need here! Why would you want to leave? Come back to bed.'

Yes. That's another thing. They do sleep together. I'm quite sure that's not entirely in character. Though it might be. You never know what those two were getting up to after Wodehouse put down his pen.

The Jooster Family Album:

Jeeves preparing the evening repast.

'I say, Jeeves. Topping log, what?'

'I believe we can use such an item to extricate ourselves from captivity, Sir, if we approach the situation logically.'

'I propose that we mount the log...'

'...and execute a simple hoisting manoeuvre.'

'What's that, Jeeves? Gosh. I mean, you know, what? Mineral stones. You know? Jolly good. What?'

'If I may, Sir. Not that tiny hamster tie, Sir.'

'Vote for E.L. Wisty, or invisible nudists will come along and smash you round the face.'

(E.L. Wisty)

My Attempt at Tumbling

Twitter: @CliveLive49

IdeaCollector

Posted Sat Apr 30th, 2011 4:44am Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

mercycroft they are super adorable. great photos

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sat Apr 30th, 2011 7:37am Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

How sweeeet!
Having Jude Law doing a spot of filming about 50 m from where I live is a most lovely thing!!!

http://viennanaschmarkette.wordpress.com/2011/04/2.....-the-hood/

He seemed to be enjoying himself here in Vienna, with a bit of clubbing, a visit to the gym, a planned visit to the theatre (presumably he got the ticket he was hoping for) and sampling the local cuisine. If only Anthony Hopkins had joined him *sigh*

ginj

Member *

Posted Sat Apr 30th, 2011 1:07pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

Your hamsters are very cite, mercycroft.

*waves wildly* Gerti, hi!!!! Long time, no see. Good to see you again.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Apr 30th, 2011 3:41pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

LOLadorable hamsters! I like the spiderjeeves pic.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sun May 1st, 2011 10:29am Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

ginj! *waves back to my darling Fluffettes*
life´s been stressful, I had problems w/ twitter (deleted all my accounts, so furious was I...) but am missing you guys. See you soon - which is a lovely lovely thing. Take care, Fluffies

AC

Posted Sun May 1st, 2011 4:32pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

8 1/2 hours of uninterrupted sleep. If that's not lovely I don't know what is!

"Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you." -Oscar Wilde

Katrina

Posted Sun May 1st, 2011 5:21pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

Aww, we have kittens named Bertie and Jeeves, too! Here they are. Note the PERFECT COLORING!!! Jeeves is wearing his uniform and Bertie is in his brown harris tweed:

Also, my nails are pink and look preeeeeeetty.

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

IdeaCollector

Posted Sun May 1st, 2011 6:35pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

Awwww KEEEETIES! I love kittens too much!

Also YAY for sleep AnCBeck!

TobiasMonk

Posted Sun May 1st, 2011 8:20pm Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

and BEER!

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

michael

Posted Mon May 2nd, 2011 3:03am Post subject: Lovely Little Things II - the lost years

Gertrude Susanne said:
ginj! *waves back to my darling Fluffettes*
life´s been stressful, I had problems w/ twitter (deleted all my accounts, so furious was I...) but am missing you guys. See you soon - which is a lovely lovely thing. Take care, Fluffies

hi hi hi!

wow mercycroft, thanks for the j&w hamsters!!!

and thanks for the kitties katrina!!!

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name