Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

iancam

Posted Tue Nov 4th, 2008 7:30pm Post subject: Mac Or PC?
mac.

IdeaCollector

Posted Tue Nov 4th, 2008 9:00pm Post subject: Mac Or PC?
it was totally pc for ages until I got a mac...now i am aboard the mac train so to speak.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Emma18

Posted Tue Nov 4th, 2008 9:32pm Post subject: Mac Or PC?
Mac. I am officially in love with apple

gadgetgirl

Posted Tue Nov 4th, 2008 9:40pm Post subject: Mac Or PC?
I'm not religious about it but I do love my mac much more than I ever loved a PC!

That would be me.

gjhsu

Posted Tue Nov 4th, 2008 9:59pm Post subject: Mac Or PC?
Not religious about it, either, but I deal with enough Windows problems at work, that I don't want to deal with them at home.

Instead, all I have to deal with at home is the fact there are only ever two games Mac-compatible at any moment in time.

Gravescape

Posted Tue Nov 4th, 2008 10:08pm Post subject: Mac Or PC?
I'd have to say PC.... I've never really used a Mac though. I've had my PC for at least 5 years. I was also a tech at my old job and we had PC's so anytime someone wanted me to do work on a Mac I was always completely lost...

fryfan20

Posted Tue Nov 4th, 2008 11:22pm Post subject: Mac Or PC?
I voted PC, I never worked on a mac and probably never will because I know what they cost and I don't have so much with computers that I am willing to pay so much more for then even if they are better. the PC works fine, so I'm happy with it.

I am what I am

Bishop of Attleborough

Posted Wed Nov 5th, 2008 12:48am Post subject: Mac Or PC?
PC for me, see?

Note that the question isn't "Mac OS v. Windows." I'm typing this post on an HP laptop running Ubuntu Linux.

"Sergeant Colon had had a broad education. He’d been to the School of My Dad Always Said, the College of It Stands to Reason, and was now a post-graduate student at the University of What Some Bloke In the Pub Told Me." - Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Jeeves_and_Wooster_fan

Posted Wed Nov 5th, 2008 1:38am Post subject: Mac Or PC?
Getting a MacBook soon, so Mac for me

j9r

Posted Wed Nov 5th, 2008 5:34am Post subject: Mac Or PC?
I am an Apple person and have been since '79, before there was Mac. My first computer was an Apple II.

---j

"I'm from New Jersey, if the world ended today, I'd adjust" - John Gorka

Desdemona

Posted Thu Nov 6th, 2008 9:19pm Post subject: Mac Or PC?
PC
i can't work macs.. they scare me with all the flashy things.

Skip Life and come with me?

Nitro

Posted Fri Nov 7th, 2008 5:58am Post subject: Mac Or PC?
I have a mixed network of Mac, PC, and Linux. But I am not much for religious wars about any of them. Each serves a purpose and has its own strengths and weaknesses.

I look at it in a very simplistic way and use this metaphor to explain to my less technical friends the points of each platform:

Linux is for people who want to build the hammer, Macs are for people who want to use the hammer, and PC's are for people who want to throw the hammer through the window. X-D

I adore my Mac. I have one of the oldest Macintoshes made, and it still works. A tiny little monitor of maybe eight inches. I can't recall the exact dimensions.

Of the three, I find the most pleasure in using a Mac. Professionally, I get slaved to the PC world. Oh well, oh hell. And I also like tweaking around with SuSE Linux but, like Latin, mastering it is not high on my priority list.

Really? Wow.