Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

ratoutofhell

Posted Fri Aug 17th, 2007 11:51pm Post subject: Make someone happy...
... visit the vermin realm macros at http://www.vermin-realm.com/lolrats/

The site was started by a friend of mine, and subsequently a couple of other lolrats sites have started up and are getting loads more hits. Please make Gabby happy and visit vermin-realm!

Thank you

"If you are dirty, insignificant and unloved then rats are the ultimate role model" - Banksy

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Aug 18th, 2007 10:14am Post subject: Make someone happy...
I really wish you would say more (either here or on your Facebook page - the latter seems most appropriate) about your love of rats. It seems like such a passion to you that I'm sure you would be very eloquent on the subject.

ratoutofhell

Posted Sat Aug 18th, 2007 1:57pm Post subject: Make someone happy...
How sweet of you!

There's quite a bit about them on my MySpace profile ( [url] http://www.myspace.com/ratoutofhell [/url]). I do try not to overdo it amongst non-ratty people, though

Anything in particular you wanted to know?

"If you are dirty, insignificant and unloved then rats are the ultimate role model" - Banksy

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Aug 18th, 2007 2:00pm Post subject: Make someone happy...
Just your side of things. Different people have different passions for different animals for their own reasons. Sometimes it says something about who you are. Someone I know liked rodents, but wasn't fussy about which type so every time they died she'd try something new. I wondered why you stick with rats.

ratoutofhell

Posted Sat Aug 18th, 2007 2:32pm Post subject: Make someone happy...
They are all different, they all have their own little personalities. Occasionally we'll have one who reminds us of a former resident, but they all have their own quirks. Like people, I guess.

One of the things I love about the vermin realm pics is that you see so many expressions - it does make them seem a little more human, and they're one of the most human-like pets you can have in many ways.

I'm going to try and write something for my notes on Facebook now, and maybe for a MySpace blog too.

(And there are some new pics on vermin realm today )

whattocallmyself

Posted Sat Aug 18th, 2007 3:17pm Post subject: Make someone happy...
Aaaw! I just took a look at the link.. and I totally fell inluvv with the little rat-ling that begs!
I have had rats myself, and bred them. But I always end up getting rid of them, sadly, because I lived in a studio apartment and couldn´t stand the noice from the drinkingbottles! But now when I have a house.. but now I have no time! Two cats, a dog, a garden and homeinprovement takes a lot of time...

But its fun!
Rats are my favourite "cage-animal". Favourite pet=Dogs. Favourite animal, I have not yet decided, probably all of them!

Onwards and Upwards!

ratoutofhell

Posted Sat Aug 18th, 2007 5:04pm Post subject: Make someone happy...
We managed to find some drinking bottles that have a slightly different spout, so are quieter - which helps So now we just have the noise of them talking to each other, crashing round the cage, and chewing the plastikote off the bars

whattocallmyself

Posted Sat Aug 18th, 2007 8:53pm Post subject: Make someone happy...
X-D Yes, they really make sure one is not bored!
I solved the constant chewing on the bars with an aquarium.. A very large but slightly leaky aquarium was given to me, and we made this wooden frame with a metal-net/bars (or what ever the word I´m seeking is) in as a lid. (the wood went on the outside of the cage=no chewing) Inside we made a sort of Rat- amusement-park. The waterbottle was placed on a pice of chicken-net that hung down on the inside of the cage.
Gnaw-free nights and saw-dust free floor!

*Remember to remowe the silicone from the aquarium.. its quite tasty.. :P*

Onwards and Upwards!

ratoutofhell

Posted Sun Sep 2nd, 2007 1:19pm Post subject: Make someone happy...
A few examples...

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Sep 2nd, 2007 1:25pm Post subject: Make someone happy...
More lolrats please X-D

Red Raven

Posted Sun Sep 2nd, 2007 3:18pm Post subject: Make someone happy...
... visit the vermin realm macros at http://www.vermin-realm.com/lolrats/

The site was started by a friend of mine, and subsequently a couple of other lolrats sites have started up and are getting loads more hits. Please make Gabby happy and visit vermin-realm!

Thank you

Ah good laughs!