Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

meekychuppet

Posted Thu Apr 5th, 2007 9:30am Post subject: Mania
I just wondered what everyone's manic symptoms are?

Nadia

Posted Thu Apr 5th, 2007 9:39am Post subject: Mania
Main - Pure Happiness... Creativity. Energy. Ah, i miss those feelings..
You feel yourself beautiful, powerful.. MIGHTY X-D Loveable.
(if I don't drink alcohol or anything like this - and I don't, because
mixed with alcohol or drugs mania is uncontrolled and scary)

Sana

Posted Thu Apr 5th, 2007 10:36am Post subject: Mania
An urge to write ( I'm an amateur poet ). Getting angry with trivial things and very aggressive to people around me. Incessant emails to my friends. Getting very self-centred and having the idea that I am always right in any situaion.

Sana xxx

Fourth Feline

Posted Thu Apr 5th, 2007 1:19pm Post subject: Mania
The urge to phone people/chat.

Aggitation/dysphoria : Not good with 'chavs' / ill mannered people, or noise at these times - as they trigger uncharacteristic feelings of aggression.

Urge to spend.

When I was still working, the urge to entertain the whole workplace and flirt with nice ladies everywhere; wanting to seduce, not for penetrative sex - but for the chase, the rush, the idolisation of womankind.

My friends could probably add to that list ...

And yours Meeky ?

meekychuppet

Posted Thu Apr 5th, 2007 2:05pm Post subject: Mania
Insomnia, raging creativity (I write for theatre as well as poetry and my blog is pretty bonkers), I also play various instruments. I talk so fast that people cannot keep up with me. I talk to myself.

I also have limitless energy. I cycle for miles, play football, workout, swim, take my boy out all over the place, hike, run, kick box and more. It keeps me sane.

Right now I am absolutely manic but that may be the high from having our first trimester scan in my partners' pregnancy.

I'm still manic though.

Fucking bonkers I tell you.

Fourth Feline

Posted Thu Apr 5th, 2007 2:17pm Post subject: Mania
Congratulations on impending birth Meeky !

I am curious as to how often and how severe you go 'low', for as a fellow musician and ageing athlete, I envy your highs !

( MIne have been medicated out due to the contents of my previous post ).

I tend to be predominantly 'down' and/or anxious with a small hypo manic 'spike' in-between.

If you do not mind my intrusion, I would love to know.

Regards,

Derek.

meekychuppet

Posted Thu Apr 5th, 2007 6:54pm Post subject: Mania
Why thank you dear boy.

I have a monthly (ish) cycle. I have had a bout of deep psychosis and I seem to get a bad depression on a quarterly basis.

JVONEARTH

Posted Thu Apr 5th, 2007 8:36pm Post subject: Mania
Much the same no sleep talking fast i go from one conversation to another then back again. I really have this thing where i pick up on things quick ....Hard to explain...i react to everything in the wrong way ideas and thoughts go around my mind like a bloody hurricane.
I don't eat i always feel like i've eaten too much even though i haven't eaten for days.
I sit down and write lists. Or i work out things and then do it again and again.

meekychuppet

Posted Thu Apr 5th, 2007 8:50pm Post subject: Mania
Much the same no sleep talking fast i go from one conversation to another then back again. I really have this thing where i pick up on things quick ....Hard to explain...i react to everything in the wrong way ideas and thoughts go around my mind like a bloody hurricane.
I don't eat i always feel like i've eaten too much even though i haven't eaten for days.
I sit down and write lists. Or i work out things and then do it again and again.

Hurricane is the same word I have used often. And I also forgot to mention the eating thing. It's a real discipline to eat.

PirateCaptain

Posted Thu Apr 5th, 2007 8:57pm Post subject: Mania
brilliant estasy feelings, like i cant stop myslef, over complusiveness, creativtiy brusts no sleep, contasts hyper thoguths liek goign down a speedtrack of words. not eating, gettin on everyones pins but making sure theere always happy, and in a constant state of eupohia. amnd over sendign and wanting ot go places i cant afford or that there is no way possilbe to get to like space. btu i emjoy it, to some point.

do you all enjoy it?

JVONEARTH

Posted Thu Apr 5th, 2007 9:10pm Post subject: Mania
I can't say i like or hate it. I know that sounds strange but i've had this for so long i can't remember what it's like not to have it For me it's normality. The only thing i find a pain is i over commit. Because things seem to happen so quick.
I don't know how to explain the next bit so i hope it sounds right. I will take on more and more work even though i know i can't do it. I'll sit down and work it out time and time again. I try to fit 20 hours work into and 8 hour day i will work every minute out it becomes like a military operation and become intense....then that ideas gone onto the next one and so on

Nadia

Posted Thu Apr 5th, 2007 10:11pm Post subject: Mania
I will take on more and more work even though i know i can't do it. I'll sit down and work it out time and time again. I try to fit 20 hours work into and 8 hour day i will work every minute out it becomes like a military operation and become intense....then that ideas gone onto the next one and
so on

- aha, I had this too. Took many orders, but was sure I can do it.
Of course soon came depression
and I was sooo ashamed - fortunately was able to manage things somehow, but it was too hard. Actually 'work - disorder ' connection bothers me most..
You can let people down easily with your mania-depression leaps.
To derange the work.. scary.

blacksquirrel

Posted Fri Apr 6th, 2007 12:28am Post subject: Mania
you know all the symptoms mr meeks, it all comes back around, same themes and self obsessive comments...
i'm not in a good place right at this moment, this week. my head is shrinking and the headaches are starting and there's no one to talk to. what is the point really? i don't feel particularly attached to anything, i have no proper use or purpose..

i did write more, but have deleted... that'll be the paranoia then

Shannette

Posted Sun Apr 8th, 2007 11:48pm Post subject: Mania
My signs of mania are:

Initial signs of some concern:

- Speaking hurriedly when relaying information/urge to speak/interrupt others
- Being overtalkative/moving quickly from one subject to another
- Excessively purging house contents/personal items
- Over familiarisation with strangers
- Urge to spend excessively on family/friends

Further signs of more worrying concern/extreme concern:

- Energetic - needing very little sleep
- Proliferation of new/grandiose ideas
- Odd behaviour
- Feeling something out there destined to do (i.e. religious mania)
- Loss of touch with reality
- Verbally/physically aggressive
- Physical/mental agitation
- Suicidal thoughts/actions

JVONEARTH

Posted Mon Apr 9th, 2007 2:22pm Post subject: Mania
i have just found another trigger of my mania X-D