Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

st.bipolar

Posted Mon Jan 14th, 2008 5:07pm Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.
i was walking over the cork and kerry mountains i saw captain farrel and his money he was counting

LilyG

Posted Mon Jan 14th, 2008 11:32pm Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.
welcome to the madness hun

LilyG

Posted Mon Jan 14th, 2008 11:34pm Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.

Lily, go for your dreams, that much is true. But look after your health or you will have nothing.
KSx

i agree. at times like this it's hard to think about being good and looking after yourself, but i am trying, because it really is just so important.
thanks katysara, really, thanks heaps.

st.bipolar

Posted Tue Jan 15th, 2008 4:33pm Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.
sometimes i wonder how much a symptom of my mania my dreams are and can i trust them

Telepresent

Posted Tue Jan 15th, 2008 6:07pm Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.
sometimes i wonder how much a symptom of my mania my dreams are and can i trust them

If I may be presumptuous (I'm not BP, though to get hypomanic episodes) I would suggest to think of it this way: your dreams are what you would think about all the time. Even when you're majorly depressed and think "I can never do that", if it's always there, somewhere, then it's a dream. I would imagine a manic idea will take a massive hold for a while, but then slip away as you calm down.

That's conjecture. Feel free to correct me. But I know, no matter how low I get, my dreams are always there in one way or another, even if it's just me going "how stupid are you? You'll never be able to do that! Just give up now and save us all a load of bother..."

ManicMajor

Posted Wed Jan 16th, 2008 11:27pm Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.
Would it be crazy to try and orchestrate a situation where Thom Yorke and his brother Andy get over their differences? I have set such a plan in action. If I fail, you can call me ill. If I succeed, I am going to feel like some kind of god.

Reading that back it does sound far-fetched, but all it takes is for two people to lay their feelings on the line and forgive each other's past.

BreakPoint

Posted Mon Feb 11th, 2008 11:58am Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.
Lily-Mae just told me about this thread, so I am reviving it so I know where to post next time I am manic.

I have actually done a few things recently that may have not been entirely sensible. I will post them here later and look forward to some input - especially in regards what harm might have come from my actions.

I have a very hard time seeing negatives when hypomanic/manic!

By the way, I am not on any medication. I am using my Buddhist approach to life to keep me grounded as much as possible. It has been especially useful for avoiding depression when tired after a manic episode.

st.bipolar

Posted Mon Feb 11th, 2008 3:27pm Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.

If I may be presumptuous (I'm not BP, though to get hypomanic episodes) I would suggest to think of it this way: your dreams are what you would think about all the time. Even when you're majorly depressed and think "I can never do that", if it's always there, somewhere, then it's a dream. I would imagine a manic idea will take a massive hold for a while, but then slip away as you calm down.

That's conjecture. Feel free to correct me. But I know, no matter how low I get, my dreams are always there in one way or another, even if it's just me going "how stupid are you? You'll never be able to do that! Just give up now and save us all a load of bother..."

no tele that was spot on and i would like to think of them that way, thanks man

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Feb 12th, 2008 12:19pm Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.
Rather than permanently reviving this thread, how about making it sticky? I think it's a good sort of thread to have around, rather than loads of individual "here are my manic thoughts" threads. I have one vote from Lily Mae already - anyone want to second it?

ManicMajor

Posted Tue Feb 12th, 2008 12:36pm Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.
Rather than permanently reviving this thread, how about making it sticky? I think it's a good sort of thread to have around, rather than loads of individual "here are my manic thoughts" threads. I have one vote from Lily Mae already - anyone want to second it?

Yes, please stickie it.

st.bipolar

Posted Wed Mar 5th, 2008 4:03pm Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.
im going for a few drinks 2moro night im writing this now to try to be more aware that i can go a bit loopy on drink

LilyG

Posted Wed Mar 5th, 2008 11:18pm Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.
well then m'darlin', just so long as you are aware of that fact.

just try to take it easy, we don't want you acquiring any injuries, and maybe let a friend who's going out with you to keep an eye out for you, as you're feeling a little loopty-doo.

xxx

st.bipolar

Posted Thu Mar 6th, 2008 9:26am Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.
its not realy that i get drunk lil (but i do), when im hypomanic im grand just about im singing, the first on the dance floor and talking to everyone when im manic im grabbing the mike, engaging in risque behaviour on the dance floor and flirting the kinckers off someone and then i really feel cheap the next morning

but as you say i should be aware of it tonite which helps a lot always good for the advice lil thank you x

LilyG

Posted Thu Mar 6th, 2008 10:00am Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.
you're welcome hun, have fun!!!

Red Raven

Posted Mon Mar 10th, 2008 4:37pm Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.
I'm manic today and all my coworkers think I'm on drugs. I was asked if I'm on anything, I asked what she meant and she whispered "coke".

I've had...5hrs sleep total since I woke up friday morning. I'm wired, i'm talking to anyone that walks by me, and i feel like I can't move enough.

It's driving me nuts.