Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

st.bipolar

Posted Mon Mar 10th, 2008 4:48pm Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.
I'm manic today and all my coworkers think I'm on drugs. I was asked if I'm on anything, I asked what she meant and she whispered "coke".

I've had...5hrs sleep total since I woke up friday morning. I'm wired, i'm talking to anyone that walks by me, and i feel like I can't move enough.

It's driving me nuts.

ive been there (people asking me if i was on drugs) i talk to anybody when im maniac i hope you feel better red

Red Raven

Posted Mon Mar 10th, 2008 5:08pm Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.
I'm manic today and all my coworkers think I'm on drugs. I was asked if I'm on anything, I asked what she meant and she whispered "coke".

I've had...5hrs sleep total since I woke up friday morning. I'm wired, i'm talking to anyone that walks by me, and i feel like I can't move enough.

It's driving me nuts.

ive been there (people asking me if i was on drugs) i talk to anybody when im maniac i hope you feel better red

Hell I feel fine! Just annoyed that they won't just put up with me. But really, I guess it's silly for anyone to be expected to not wonder when I talked for nearly half an hour about how cool it would be to have a narcoleptic meercat, laughing till I was crying. X-D it's still funny to me.

I just wish my eyes didn't like burning!

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Mar 10th, 2008 9:02pm Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.

Hell I feel fine! Just annoyed that they won't just put up with me. But really, I guess it's silly for anyone to be expected to not wonder when I talked for nearly half an hour about how cool it would be to have a narcoleptic meercat, laughing till I was crying. X-D it's still funny to me.

I just wish my eyes didn't like burning!

i can just imagine the meerkat the works lookout for the group...looking looking lookingzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz handbag.

i've had people ask me if i was on drugs too, or if i got drunk on my break.
i don't know if i've ever truly been manic in the technical sense, but i definately know what you are talking about.

i spent a week at work once making fake newspaper articles about a dolphin that was mad at noam chomsky. and for weeks i would only ride the elevator while doing a handstand against the wall, never rightside up. fortunately, (or unfortunately...?) i worked with one good friend who thought i was funny.

though i do remember times when i would constantly go up to her while she was stocking shelves and push her... (not to hurt her.. just, you know...ever feel super playfully aggressive?) and times where i would interrupt her with pointless babble... i mean, it really was babble, i would string together nonsense syllables and say them really quickly under my breath so she would go "huh?...huh?...WHAT?" well.. if you can imagine even though she's my friend it got to the point of her saying "what is wrong with you?" or grabbing me by the shoulders and saying "calm.... down..." or just sighing and walking away.

you can talk to me about narcoleptic meerkats.

LilyG

Posted Mon Mar 10th, 2008 11:38pm Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.

have you told your doc this? maybe you can get something to help bring you down/sleep a bit more?

how did you feel when your co-worker asked if yo were on coke? ive had a similar experience and, although i wasnt offended at the time, when i thought back on it later i was.

i hope you're ok red.

xxx

Red Raven

Posted Tue Mar 11th, 2008 12:54am Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.
I wish I could do a handstand but my butt is a whopper so when I hit the wall I bounce back off and fall down. X-D

I'm ok I guess. I'm really tired now but I still can't sleep. I thought I might a couple hours ago so I laid down and...just laid there. It's getting on my nerves. I need a lot of sleep and without it I get really irritable and the depression and all that seems to get worse. Basically my life is shit and I mean that from the bottom of my wasted heart.

LilyG

Posted Tue Mar 11th, 2008 4:28am Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.
im not gonna give you hugs or try to make what you just said better, because honestly, i know how you feel, and it's awful. all i can say is that i truly care and i am truly sorry you are feeling like that.
x

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Mar 11th, 2008 4:02pm Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.
still no sleep? i'm sorry red! i wonder if you can post something somewhere about sleep, or i think there may have been some threads in the past...i honestly don't know much about the best ways to deal with it.

you don't have a wasted heart, by the way, you have a big bouncy heart like a ...big...beating... puppy.

i don't know if that will have the effect i was hoping for

Red Raven

Posted Tue Mar 11th, 2008 4:09pm Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.
I loves yous guys!!! I'm so happy you think my heart is like a puppy! That makes me feel squishy!

Last night I got 4hrs of off and on sleep, I think it helped a bit, not as much as a full night but yeah.

I feel like I'm coming down with something...does anyone else experience that when they don't get enough sleep?

My brain feels foggy and sometimes I have the shakes or feel like I'm on something like speed.

My joints hurt soooo bad! I really don't understand why, maybe sleep and rest have to do with that sort of thing?

I've taken the time to lay down in bed to rest my body even if I can't rest my mind much.

How long should a person deal with this before it's REALLY unhealthy and I should see a doctor and deal with the cost of it?

st.bipolar

Posted Tue Mar 11th, 2008 5:02pm Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.
I loves yous guys!!! I'm so happy you think my heart is like a puppy! That makes me feel squishy!

Last night I got 4hrs of off and on sleep, I think it helped a bit, not as much as a full night but yeah.

I feel like I'm coming down with something...does anyone else experience that when they don't get enough sleep?

My brain feels foggy and sometimes I have the shakes or feel like I'm on something like speed.

My joints hurt soooo bad! I really don't understand why, maybe sleep and rest have to do with that sort of thing?

I've taken the time to lay down in bed to rest my body even if I can't rest my mind much.

How long should a person deal with this before it's REALLY unhealthy and I should see a doctor and deal with the cost of it?

once i tried to sleep in the grip of mania and it felt like every cell in my body was on fire that was not healthy, the human body cant really take being in overdrive that long so yea i do feel wasted after something like that but hey at least we dont need coke right

Red Raven

Posted Tue Mar 11th, 2008 5:30pm Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.

once i tried to sleep in the grip of mania and it felt like every cell in my body was on fire that was not healthy, the human body cant really take being in overdrive that long so yea i do feel wasted after something like that but hey at least we dont need coke right

Yeah, it's a free high!

I still feel completely devoid of rest tho. Normally my "mania"(if that's what it's called in my case) only lasts a day...this has been 4 and it's starting to wear me down. I'm getting increasingly afraid of the crash. It's pretty bad after a day, I can only imagine 4.

st.bipolar

Posted Thu Mar 13th, 2008 3:27pm Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.
well im entering hypomania now and im trying to keep myself under control cause its st.patricks weekend coming up and i want to keep some sembelance of normal!

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Mar 13th, 2008 3:51pm Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.

i think a lot of those little aches / feeling like you are getting a cold DO come along with not sleeping. it does give me those little joint aches and the shakes after awhile.

i think it would be good for you to get more sleep. i'm afraid to give you medical advice, but have you taken over the counter sleep medicine before? was what you took last time over the counter or prescription stuff?

i would suggest sleepytime tea and all that junk too, but to be honest i don't know that it helps. sometimes with that i remain awake but a little "doped".

st.bipolar

Posted Sat Mar 15th, 2008 1:47am Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.
as some of you may know i do stand up comedy yet lately ive been finfing that my mood stabiliser has been dulling the fire in me, so tonite i had a comedy gig in dublin and i didnt take my medicine is that a very bad idea?

Loona

Posted Sat Mar 15th, 2008 2:26pm Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.
*with-a-grandmother-look-in-the-eye* : What would you like to hear? I am reluctant to start taking medication for myself because of these side effects and I`ve heard it has not a good development if you stop/start taking them in a short time. So I am a bit worried about you, I hope you do fine and were able make a wonderful stand up comedy.
(I think there are others in here being able to give you more experienced advice)

st.bipolar

Posted Sat Mar 15th, 2008 2:58pm Post subject: Mania; post here before doing something stupid.
well i know its problay not a good idea and the weekends only starting and i already lookk maniac lol!

[img][/img]