Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

filliamhmuffin

Posted Mon Apr 9th, 2007 9:15pm Post subject: Mania
--I get irritable when others disagree with me and tell them off in a really pompous way (i'm normally very passive)
--I spend hours researching random crap on the internet
--I drink a lot or take tons of clonazapam and percocets
--INSOMNIA
--crazy nightmares when I do sleep
--I get really horny and say innappropriately sexual things to my friends like: "I could give you a blowjob right now" or "hey, let's have really bad post-breakup sex!" Luckily I don't often act on these suggestions.
--I talk too fast and get too many ideas and try to start 6 million art projects, getting about 1/4 of the through them before I feel too irritable to continue.
--I berate people for not doing things the way I like them.
--I get sensitive to sounds and textures to the point of wishing I had a sensory deprivation chamber.

I don't enjoy my mania at all. It makes me feel out of control and I hate that. I don't get that euphoric thing or any of the positive side effects, I'm just anxious, horny, and pissed off, or completely inaccessable and in my own world.

Nadia

Posted Mon Apr 9th, 2007 10:20pm Post subject: Mania

--I get really horny and say innappropriately sexual things to my friends like: "I could give you a blowjob right now" or "hey, let's have really bad post-breakup sex!" Luckily I don't often act on these suggestions.

Horrible, yeah.. I was like that with mania + alcohol [for example]..
That's why I stopped drinking alcohol at all 3 or 4 years ago - mania is
uncontrolled with it.. Like you are losing your brains. All of them ))
Shit, it's plain luck some of us are still alive! Both - depression and
mania - are sooo wild at times..
With mania I remember myself being in strange places with strange ppl.
To wake up in the morning with some nude snoring guys around and to
have no idea of who are they and what are you doing here..Yuck..
Sounds like loud student party, but it wasn't funny at all. i remember I could
pick up any cute [or not so cute] guy just because I thought he is cute
and wasn't able to control myself, to go with him.. anywhere.. eww.
And become dreadfully ashamed later, with depression phase.
Friends were telling me: "You are too enthusiastic about some
things, it's not normal, honey!" - I was like: "Go have some LIFE, bores!"
Gosh, i can't believe i thought this was normal. took so many years to
understand .

Charlie

Posted Mon Apr 9th, 2007 10:54pm Post subject: Mania
Nymphomania
Grandoise ideas
Risk seeking/taking
Spending money i don't have
Wreckless decision making
working 20 hours a day and not feeling tired
Exceptionally charming/flirtatious
Talking fast
Rhyming/Wit/Sharp humoured
Social
Creative thinking and exceptional problem solving ideas
Optimism
No worries/fears/nerves

It's pretty good stuff, until I get made bankcrupt, contract an std or end up 600 miles away from home with no money (but even then it doesn't seem like a problem - I'll just hitch hike back and why not!).

RighthoJeeves

Posted Sat Apr 28th, 2007 4:08pm Post subject: Mania
Lots of energy. When I was in college if there was something to volunteer for I was there! Paid less attention to schoolwork, did it but not my best effort Crammed as much as I could into one day. Often think my Mom is against me somehow ( when manic) . Stay up later than I usually do/wake up sooner. Hard to sleep- ideas swarming in my mind. Talk Talk Talk Talk over others. Big ideas- plot out how to achieve them. Wont hear of any other opinion on them.
Very confident. Feel the desire to be independent- I can do it myself attitude. I didnt mind drawing attention myself. Happy. When single I was gutsy and if I liked a guy I would say so. My handwriting in my diaries is rushed, not as legible when I am not manic. Not violent, but would argue with my mother more. ( Moving out with husband soon, I had to move back due to getting ill in UK but now my husband is with me-green card) I havent felt manic in awhile or depressed, but I am sure one will strike sometime. Medicine working well.

TheTruth

Posted Sun Apr 29th, 2007 3:24pm Post subject: Mania
When I'm manic I usually have the need to do something, even if its very early in the morning. Talking faster and changing subject quickly. I usually can talk better to people I've just met or barely know, which leads to me telling them very personal things about me, which I later regret. Spending money on things I don't really need. Upped confidence, to point where I don't care if I'm walking through the dangerous parts of town at night. Not being able to stay still, I have to move! SO SO HAPPY! etc etc