Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

gadgetgirl

Posted Mon Nov 17th, 2008 10:36pm Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition
I write prose and poetry so whatever you are looking for to fill gaps but people who have children should have them help. It would be fun to do something with ones kids (I imagine as I have none and will never have any). I don't want to alienate people without kids or who find kids stuff a bit annoying you see. However, I think this is one thing I don't mind brainwashing my kids about!

That would be me.

fryfan20

Posted Mon Nov 17th, 2008 11:31pm Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition
I voted not sure, what means only if I feel very brave (witch tbh isn't often)

I am what I am

amberzak

Posted Tue Nov 18th, 2008 11:11am Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition
I write prose and poetry so whatever you are looking for to fill gaps but people who have children should have them help. It would be fun to do something with ones kids (I imagine as I have none and will never have any). I don't want to alienate people without kids or who find kids stuff a bit annoying you see. However, I think this is one thing I don't mind brainwashing my kids about!

He he.

I was thinking we could have a kids section, so they are all in one place. Kids see the world differently, and often things they write and draw are so touching and speak thousands of things adult don't know how to say.

If you don't have kids of your own, see if there are kids in the family you could rope in I plan on getting my Godson involved. Not that his mum knows that yet X-D

taluta

Posted Tue Nov 18th, 2008 12:43pm Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition

I was thinking we could have a kids section, so they are all in one place. Kids see the world differently, and often things they write and draw are so touching and speak thousands of things adult don't know how to say.

If you don't have kids of your own, see if there are kids in the family you could rope in I plan on getting my Godson involved. Not that his mum knows that yet X-D

Kids are the best artists in the world, writing is good, but a picture paints a thousand words. Children have nothing holding them back!

I am a writer and an artist, won't list all I do, but you name it, chances are I have had my finger in that pie at some point in my life. I am prepared to contribute in whichever way or area I am able.

I came up with another idea on the book while I was making lunch, but it fails me now! .... OH oh oh... YES!!!!! Silly girl .. LOL! I was making lunch, I know it is hardly appropriate with conservation etc. but it occured to me that we could make a recipe book... or at least some sort of variation of one...Alas, perhaps not a recipe book as we traditionally see or imagine them in our minds eye, but ..... We might stick in the odd traditional or local recipe here or there. It may create a wider audience or interest in the book... but *deep sigh* that is just me on one of my tangents!

OK back to the book..... I feel we need to think outside the box, this must be unique and completely original... it must break with traditional ideas - - it must GRAB attention - - I have some ideas on this, but .. before I go off again, please let me know if you are interested in hearing what they are..

'Tell them I came, and no one answered,
That I kept my word,' he said.
Ay, they heard his foot upon the stirrup,
And the sound of iron on stone,
And how the silence surged softly backward,
When the plunging hoofs were gone.

The Listeners
by Walter De La Mare

monochromeprincess

Posted Tue Nov 18th, 2008 8:10pm Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition
I came up with another idea on the book while I was making lunch, but it fails me now! .... OH oh oh... YES!!!!! Silly girl .. LOL! I was making lunch, I know it is hardly appropriate with conservation etc. but it occured to me that we could make a recipe book... or at least some sort of variation of one...Alas, perhaps not a recipe book as we traditionally see or imagine them in our minds eye, but ..... We might stick in the odd traditional or local recipe here or there. It may create a wider audience or interest in the book... but *deep sigh* that is just me on one of my tangents!

OK back to the book..... I feel we need to think outside the box, this must be unique and completely original... it must break with traditional ideas - - it must GRAB attention - - I have some ideas on this, but .. before I go off again, please let me know if you are interested in hearing what they are..

Cool, yeah, that's a great idea I had started thinking down the cooking line of ideas, just to get a wider spectrum of people involved, but recipies from different parts of the world is a great idea - especially if we can relate them in in some sort of way like 'almost extinct recipies' or something like that. Or tiger cookies :D.

Well I for one want to hear your ideas

mp xxx

@dreamingshadow

amberzak

Posted Tue Nov 18th, 2008 9:21pm Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition
And we can get some recipies from different parts of the world.

And we can give recipies for hoe to make 'panda cakes' or something, so that when people buy the recipe book they can get ideas for cakes to make for a cake sale to raise more money...

Taluta, I would love to hear your ideas for the book.

I have been trying to write a Villenelle poem for the conservation thing, and I was going to finish it tonight, but I am afraid my head isn't in it at the moment. Maybe tomorrow. Want to show you all when it is done.

taluta

Posted Wed Nov 19th, 2008 8:46am Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition

And we can give recipies for hoe to make 'panda cakes' or something, so that when people buy the recipe book they can get ideas for cakes to make for a cake sale to raise more money...

I have been trying to write a Villenelle poem for the conservation thing, and I was going to finish it tonight, but I am afraid my head isn't in it at the moment. Maybe tomorrow. Want to show you all when it is done.

Cool, yeah, that's a great idea I had started thinking down the cooking line of ideas, just to get a wider spectrum of people involved, but recipies from different parts of the world is a great idea - especially if we can relate them in in some sort of way like 'almost extinct recipies' or something like that. Or tiger cookies :D.

mp xxx
Trying smthg fancy with my quote/reply here, hope it works.
OK, so I am BUSTING to share my ideas, but paint me paranoid, if you will ... what if some nutty forum lurker from somewhere steals our ideas and uses them for their own... NO!! The anger, the frustration, the daylight robbery and plainly the murder that would have to follw! *jokes* ok, I am a bit hyped on caffeine, hope my heart holds out!

I will put it all into a nice coherent format so everyone can contribute their own much needed input - and I will post it during the course of the day, here under the Conservation Society, just not certain which thread... probably this one though.

Now, I just need to rush off and have some breakfast to counter balance the caffeine levels in my body! xxx

The Listeners
by Walter De La Mare

amberzak

Posted Wed Nov 19th, 2008 10:47am Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition

mp xxx
Trying smthg fancy with my quote/reply here, hope it works.
OK, so I am BUSTING to share my ideas, but paint me paranoid, if you will ... what if some nutty forum lurker from somewhere steals our ideas and uses them for their own... NO!! The anger, the frustration, the daylight robbery and plainly the murder that would have to follw! *jokes* ok, I am a bit hyped on caffeine, hope my heart holds out!

I will put it all into a nice coherent format so everyone can contribute their own much needed input - and I will post it during the course of the day, here under the Conservation Society, just not certain which thread... probably this one though.

Now, I just need to rush off and have some breakfast to counter balance the caffeine levels in my body! xxx

You can always start a new thread

And give me some of that caffine; I didn't sleep a wink last night.

Britannicus

Posted Tue Dec 9th, 2008 7:44pm Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition
I would absolutely participate in something like this. I'd particularly love to see everyone else's contributions. That would be a blast!

"Your room...it's CLEAN!!!"
"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

monochromeprincess

Posted Tue Dec 9th, 2008 8:00pm Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition
Yeah, I was gonna ask, is anyone working on anything atm? Feel ready to submit something?

mp xxxxx

@dreamingshadow

taluta

Posted Tue Dec 9th, 2008 9:19pm Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition
I must confess that I am so busy at the moment that I haven't done a thing.

I have an article to complete and post for someone and a short story which I want to submit for a local competition, (hoping I haven't missed the deadline) I have little or not chance of winning, but the prize includes a laptop and gosh... I could REALLY use a new computer!!!!

Aside from that I am unpacking after my last epic move, trying to sort good from evil and at the same time get my website into some state of presentation as I have said I will launch it on 15 Dec (giggles because it will be more like a plop in the ocean than a launch, but hey... I will give it a shot!)

Ok so that was a whole lot more than anyone cared to know

The Listeners
by Walter De La Mare

IdeaCollector

Posted Wed Dec 10th, 2008 6:32am Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition
not yet...finish my PhD applications and get at least 50% of the way into my thesis before starting other writing projects.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

amberzak

Posted Thu Dec 11th, 2008 6:21pm Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition
I think that this time of year everyone is ultra busy.

I thought I would have a lovely time off during the Christmas break, but no such luck. Been asked to do other projects, including to write a play.

I have been working on a poem for this, but I have been struggling with it. So not ready to show anyone yet I am afraid.

taluta

Posted Thu Dec 11th, 2008 6:26pm Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition

I thought I would have a lovely time off during the Christmas break, but no such luck. Been asked to do other projects, including to write a play.

I have been working on a poem for this, but I have been struggling with it. So not ready to show anyone yet I am afraid.

COOL about the play! all the best with that

The Listeners
by Walter De La Mare

amberzak

Posted Thu Dec 11th, 2008 6:29pm Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition

COOL about the play! all the best with that

Thanks. It isn't much to be honest. It is just something which I started for my Drama module, and the Amateur Dramatics where I help behind the scenes are interested and want me to write it as a full length for them to then perform.