Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

monochromeprincess

Posted Thu Dec 11th, 2008 8:05pm Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition
Cool, that sounds amazing amberzak :D.

Well I've got two short poems atm and I'm sure I can write more. I completely understand the situation, I mean I'm not in education, so I have plenty of time on my hands :D. Especially as I write when I'm at work (but don't tell anyone ;))

mp xxx

@dreamingshadow

amberzak

Posted Thu Dec 11th, 2008 9:34pm Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition

Well I've got two short poems atm and I'm sure I can write more. I completely understand the situation, I mean I'm not in education, so I have plenty of time on my hands :D. Especially as I write when I'm at work (but don't tell anyone ;))

mp xxx

I used to do all my writing at work. I miss it. I have a different job now, and can't get away with it, and I really miss those valuable hours sitting writing.

taluta

Posted Thu Dec 11th, 2008 11:45pm Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition

mp xxx

I used to do all my writing at work. I miss it. I have a different job now, and can't get away with it, and I really miss those valuable hours sitting writing.

Sorry , I know this is a lousy joke under current global circumstances (esp for me who is not going to have a xmas at all!)

BUT writing at work, INDEED??!! ... it is no wonder the world is in a financial economic crisis!!!!!

I am looking forward to readin what your bosses pay you to write X-D

'Tell them I came, and no one answered,
That I kept my word,' he said.
Ay, they heard his foot upon the stirrup,
And the sound of iron on stone,
And how the silence surged softly backward,
When the plunging hoofs were gone.

The Listeners
by Walter De La Mare

monochromeprincess

Posted Sat Dec 13th, 2008 5:52pm Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition
BUT writing at work, INDEED??!! ... it is no wonder the world is in a financial economic crisis!!!!!

I am looking forward to readin what your bosses pay you to write X-D

LOL.

Well I'll have you know that as I do a job that even a monkey could do, I do not compromise the performance of my job in the slightest because while my mind is thinking my hands are filing (*dramatically* for I....am a filing clerk!) and let's forget about the points where I actually have to stop working to write everything down.... Well, that's what I'd say if they ever caught me X-D X-D

*points to the heaps of paper stacked up around her* Yes, and you can find my work here, here, here, here and here. ;). Woot for jobs that allow you time to think. Take a mental holiday from the physical world.

mp xxxxxx

@dreamingshadow

taluta

Posted Sat Dec 13th, 2008 7:16pm Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition

*points to the heaps of paper stacked up around her* Yes, and you can find my work here, here, here, here and here. ;). Woot for jobs that allow you time to think. Take a mental holiday from the physical world.

mp xxxxxx

oh yes, I know those kinds of jobs only to well Had more than my fair share! Walked out on most as I valued my sanity above most things, even shelter!

Alas, now that I have no job, even one of those would be a welcome break - - and I would be getting paid for it too..

As long as you keep true to yourself, as long as you can do what keeps you happy, damn the economy.. .write I say... WRITE !!!! X-D

The Listeners
by Walter De La Mare

PamJH

Posted Tue Jan 6th, 2009 12:50am Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition
What's the Conservation Book? I'm too lazy to google it.

I'd love to write for any sort of contest or project.

amberzak

Posted Thu Jan 15th, 2009 11:34pm Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition
What's the Conservation Book? I'm too lazy to google it.

I'd love to write for any sort of contest or project.

Sorry for taken so long to reply. Had trouble with internet connection.

Basically, a few of us want to try and out together a book kind of like an annual in style, which will have conservation information and will be sold to raise funds for a conservaton charity which with relate to the TV documentry show Stephen has recently been filming, Last Chance to See'.

We would love to have more contributers. Things have been quiet on here over Christmas, as we have all been busy.

taluta

Posted Fri Jan 16th, 2009 1:12am Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition
Have been wanting to get back here for a couple of weeks to kick some interest up, but have been fighting my own demons... ongoing, but I am still 200% in suppor of getting material together to get this thing co-ordinated and off the ground.

Still alive ... but not kicking

The Listeners
by Walter De La Mare

PamJH

Posted Fri Jan 16th, 2009 5:22am Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition

Basically, a few of us want to try and out together a book kind of like an annual in style, which will have conservation information and will be sold to raise funds for a conservaton charity which with relate to the TV documentry show Stephen has recently been filming, Last Chance to See'.

We would love to have more contributers. Things have been quiet on here over Christmas, as we have all been busy.

What sort of writing do you want? I primarily write short stories, but I'm game for anything else. Do you have a topic or guidelines? I'm flexible and I'd like to help.
Pam

amberzak

Posted Sat Jan 17th, 2009 1:00pm Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition
We have some people writing poetry, others finding facts and others writing stories. The theme is endangered species.

At present we are still in the organisation stages, so if you can, write some stories. Our hope is that we will have a lot of diverse material to be able to put this thing together. As long as it is to do with endangered animals, I am sure it will be great.

quote="PamJH"]

What sort of writing do you want? I primarily write short stories, but I'm game for anything else. Do you have a topic or guidelines? I'm flexible and I'd like to help.
Pam[/quote]

monochromeprincess

Posted Sat Jan 17th, 2009 1:13pm Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition
Reiterating ongoing support for this projection.
I've written two poems so far. Thinking about writing some articles too, if that floats the collective boat.

@dreamingshadow

amberzak

Posted Sat Jan 17th, 2009 1:22pm Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition
Reiterating ongoing support for this projection.
I've written two poems so far. Thinking about writing some articles too, if that floats the collective boat.

Fantastic. Great to hear it.

PamJH

Posted Sat Jan 17th, 2009 8:05pm Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition
[quote="amberzak"]We have some people writing poetry, others finding facts and others writing stories. The theme is endangered species.

At present we are still in the organisation stages, so if you can, write some stories. Our hope is that we will have a lot of diverse material to be able to put this thing together. As long as it is to do with endangered animals, I am sure it will be great.
[quote="amberzak"]

Sounds great. What's your deadline? And do you have a word limit per entry?

amberzak

Posted Mon Jan 19th, 2009 7:51pm Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition
[quote="PamJH"][quote="amberzak"]We have some people writing poetry, others finding facts and others writing stories. The theme is endangered species.

Sounds great. What's your deadline? And do you have a word limit per entry?

Whatever feels comfortable. For stories, no longer than, say, 2000 words. We have no strict deadline yet, so take your time.

rtphoto

Posted Sat Sep 5th, 2009 10:37am Post subject: Market research poll 1: Writing competition

Hello, I've only just joined here and found this before the introductions thread... I'm sure it's here somewhere and will say hello as soon as I get there!! Anyway, I wondered if this project is still ongoing as I would very much like to contribute, but I see the last post here was back in January... am I too late

Rebecca,x

http://rtphotographics.blogspot.com/