Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

ClareBear

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 4:02pm Post subject: MASS DEBATE: Can gentle musing and heated discusssion......
...coexist in the same "space"?

Prompted by Brownstudy.

READYAIMFIRE!

Jack

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 4:06pm Post subject: MASS DEBATE: Can gentle musing and heated discusssion......
I would do well to shoot jizz in to my own eye.

Apparently not.

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 4:14pm Post subject: MASS DEBATE: Can gentle musing and heated discusssion......
Yes it can. Heated discussion is just that - a discussion. that means both sides exploring and debating their views in a civil manner.... if it becomes heated then thats ok once it dosnt change from discussion into slagging.

for example: we can very clearly and civily discuss our views on religion and beliefs without disrespect to others or their beliefs - "It is my opinion that/Ibelieve in this/I dont believe in that" as opposed to "your going to hell/its a load of shit/religion is our savious and nothing else matters". then things change into worthless reading.

Jack

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 4:36pm Post subject: MASS DEBATE: Can gentle musing and heated discusssion......
Yes it can. Heated discussion is just that - a discussion. that means both sides exploring and debating their views in a civil manner.... if it becomes heated then thats ok once it dosnt change from discussion into slagging.

This is entirely correct. Might I then amend my initial statement to reflect the difference between a heated 'discussion' and a heated 'slagging match', the causes of which are the real issue for debate here.

boffinbabe12

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 4:55pm Post subject: MASS DEBATE: Can gentle musing and heated discusssion......
Yes! And the must forevermore as long as twats don't get away with being rude- not aimed at anyone in particular.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 8:09pm Post subject: MASS DEBATE: Can gentle musing and heated discusssion......
Boffin Somewhere in all this you asked did people like you....

BOFFIN, YOU ARE AWESOME!

trouser material

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 8:11pm Post subject: MASS DEBATE: Can gentle musing and heated discusssion......
But boff, sometimes, being rude is just great.

FUCK OFF EVERYBODY - YOU'RE ALL UGLY, AND PROBABLY POOR AS WELL!

That felt good.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 8:16pm Post subject: MASS DEBATE: Can gentle musing and heated discusssion......
....can coexist??

.......... Yes.

I like my intensity ranging from 'fluffy and heels' to 'i really deeply care about this thing, and want you to know...'

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 8:24pm Post subject: MASS DEBATE: Can gentle musing and heated discusssion......
HEY TROUSERS IS BACK

THAT SOUNDED GOOD FROM HERE

"Trouser Material's a gentleman who calls a cat a cat, even when he trips on her in the dark. Yes, Inspector LeStrade, you are quite right on this occasion - the clue is always in the signature!" "Come on, Watson, off to Coulsdon!", he directed me, with thar familiar gleam to his eyye that we were back on the trail.

boffinbabe12

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 8:39pm Post subject: MASS DEBATE: Can gentle musing and heated discusssion......
But boff, sometimes, being rude is just great.

FUCK OFF EVERYBODY - YOU'RE ALL UGLY, AND PROBABLY POOR AS WELL!

That felt good.

And rather humourous..... X-D

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 8:59pm Post subject: MASS DEBATE: Can gentle musing and heated discusssion......
... can coexist

Yes, of course! With a bit of good will and mutual respect, and the appropriate choice of words...

As for the suggestion by brownstudy that "heated discussions" be taken "outside", I haven´t a clue as to how this is supposed to work. For instance, we start off by musing in a quite general fashion about ... whatever, which musing then gains momentum and develops into some blazing discussion, what happens next? Will a message come up, stating "This discussion is too heated in nature as to be continued on this forum, all change please to the unofficial one provided for this very purpose" (which unofficial site looks very similar to this, except for the background colour and Mr Fry´s signature in the top right-hand corner... I prefer green as a background colour, of the real McCoy...)

Someone please explain it to me... I am a simpleton at times

Terri

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 9:13pm Post subject: MASS DEBATE: Can gentle musing and heated discusssion......
I'm sorry, I cannot possibly answer this until I've got the 2nd form humour nozzle set to 'off.'

mass debate ...

evidently it's stuck 'on' at the moment ...

Betsie

Posted Tue May 8th, 2007 3:08am Post subject: MASS DEBATE: Can gentle musing and heated discusssion......
Yes. Full stop.

AxmxZ

Posted Tue May 8th, 2007 3:39am Post subject: MASS DEBATE: Can gentle musing and heated discusssion......
Whoo hoo, let's all mass debate!

meekychuppet

Posted Tue May 8th, 2007 7:50am Post subject: MASS DEBATE: Can gentle musing and heated discusssion......
Whoo hoo, let's all mass debate!

Are you calling me a wanker?