Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Jerry

Posted Thu Apr 7th, 2011 10:06am Post subject: May I suggest...?

Hello, I'm Jerry and I'm new here. I've browsed the forum for some time now and finally decided to join yesterday. Might I be allowed to make a few suggestions?

First of all I'd open a thread for general forum suggestions and make it a sticky. This way one wouldn't have to search for it among the various subfora.

Next I think a feature like "posts since your last visit" might be welcome. Thus it would be easier to see, which discussions are actually flourishing and which parts of the forum are mostly snoozing at the rate of a post per month or so.

Finally I think the Introductions/New Here thread is a very good idea, made even better for ginj taking the trouble to actually welcome new members and memberesses from time to time. It's no big deal and greatly helps the newbies to feel welcome and indeed noticed.

Please, do forgive my insolence. My suggestions are meant as hopefully an improvement of the forum experience, not as a critique just for the sake of it.

EDIT:
Oh, and a kind of "News" thread would be welcome also. I do unfortunately not happen to live in the UK right at the moment, so it's not at all easy for me to be up to date on Mr Fry's ventures. Currently Last Chance To See is shown on German TV programme Arte, so we are a little behind here on the continent, as far as news on Stephen Fry's current undertakings are concerned.

A kingdom for a witty signature!

(quote from Reflections in a Double Bourbon)