Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

dexter vandango

Posted Wed Feb 20th, 2008 9:34am Post subject: Me Me Me.. and.. uh.. you
There are certain objects so pathetic, so tinged with humiliation that when viewed by most of us, an instantaneous clutch of revulsion is experienced, followed by a feeling of deep existential sorrow. “This, too, is a product, a symptom of the human condition,” we shrug forlornly.
One object in this category is the toupee, another is the pump action suction penis enlarger (..which is a waste of money, energy and can dislocate one’s shoulder if too frequently utilized, believe me.. and they tend to chaff.. or so I’ve been told..)
A third object of shame is the blog. What was formerly and furtively scrawled on bog walls is now multiplied like head lice across the World Wide Web, as many of us spread our desperation and a thirst for attention that can never be quenched. “Notice me.. read me.. I, too, have something to contribute.. I matter!” we plead.
And instead of absorbing the transcendental wisdom of Tolstoy or Cervantes, we voyeuristic readers invest in 24 inch monitors so that we can better peruse the scribblings of testy RoboColin in Barnsley or blood-thirsty yet whiney GothEmma in Milton Keynes. And don’t get me started on SlaughterHelloKittyFugi in Yokohama!
Well, I, for one, have had enough. I’m taking a stand. After checking this site 14 times a day to look for responses, over the next three or four months, I intend to stop writing or reading blogs. Cold Turkey. I’ve had enough. You’ll find me in the bog with a piece of chalk.

AxmxZ

Posted Wed Feb 20th, 2008 2:06pm Post subject: Me Me Me.. and.. uh.. you
You know, this would make an excellent blog post.

Maren

Posted Wed Feb 20th, 2008 2:25pm Post subject: Me Me Me.. and.. uh.. you
You know, this would make an excellent blog post.

X-D

it sounds a bit like despair of modern times - but I think this is "normal". Once when the book rose as a mass medium there were many complaints about the reading mania of the rank and file.

Of course you can find a lot of silly stuff in the internet, but nonetheless we are able to make a conscious selection. After all we are not forced to rankle every bullshit. (I know ... it's something we must learn too, but why always just focus on the downsides of a mass medium?)

Are you making progress in the bog?

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Feb 20th, 2008 5:29pm Post subject: Me Me Me.. and.. uh.. you
i'm confused, do bogs have walls?

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Feb 20th, 2008 5:32pm Post subject: Me Me Me.. and.. uh.. you
Yep. The bog is another word for toilet. Dexter is talking about people scrawling on the walls in public toilets.

Assuming direct control...

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Feb 20th, 2008 5:41pm Post subject: Me Me Me.. and.. uh.. you
OH!!!

i thought he was deep in a pit of mud...or, cranberries.

TobiasMonk

Posted Wed Feb 20th, 2008 6:22pm Post subject: Me Me Me.. and.. uh.. you
Of course you can find a lot of silly stuff in the internet, but nonetheless we are able to make a conscious selection. After all we are not forced to rankle every bullshit. (I know ... it's something we must learn too, but why always just focus on the downsides of a mass medium?)

I'm with you!

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

AxmxZ

Posted Thu Feb 21st, 2008 2:06am Post subject: Me Me Me.. and.. uh.. you
The only short story I've written so far is called The Bog. It's about a disappearing toilet.

ysabella

Posted Thu Feb 21st, 2008 2:57am Post subject: Me Me Me.. and.. uh.. you
A bog disappearing into a bog?

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Feb 21st, 2008 4:15am Post subject: Me Me Me.. and.. uh.. you

whoa...i just had one of those surreal visions similar to the infinite reiterations you get when looking into two mirrors across the room from each other.

toilets being flushed down toilets being flushed down toilets...

TobiasMonk

Posted Thu Feb 21st, 2008 4:18am Post subject: Me Me Me.. and.. uh.. you
The only short story I've written so far is called The Bog. It's about a disappearing toilet.

Hehe, "The Mysteries Of The Bog Triangle".

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

JSKanga84

Posted Thu Feb 21st, 2008 6:55pm Post subject: Me Me Me.. and.. uh.. you
OK, I almost laughed out loud in my deathly silent office, where I am surrounded on three sides by people who are supposedly working diligently while I'm fooling around online...

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Feb 21st, 2008 7:13pm Post subject: Me Me Me.. and.. uh.. you

whoa...i just had one of those surreal visions similar to the infinite reiterations you get when looking into two mirrors across the room from each other.

toilets being flushed down toilets being flushed down toilets...

Awww. I like that image.

Assuming direct control...

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Fri Mar 14th, 2008 1:50pm Post subject: Me Me Me.. and.. uh.. you

... and I´ve read it... very amusing X-D
I cannot believe it´s your only short story so far

AxmxZ

Posted Sat Mar 15th, 2008 7:53am Post subject: Me Me Me.. and.. uh.. you

... and I´ve read it... very amusing X-D
I cannot believe it´s your only short story so far

It's because I'm concentrating all my efforts on the novel about those two, and I frankly just can't come up with any other unrelated characters and unrelated plotlines right now.