Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sat Mar 15th, 2008 4:01pm Post subject: Me Me Me.. and.. uh.. you

It's because I'm concentrating all my efforts on the novel about those two, and I frankly just can't come up with any other unrelated characters and unrelated plotlines right now.

Crickey, a whole novel about those two now that should make an excellent read I reckon I´ll have to wait until the book hits the shelves....

All the best, AxmxZ, may the ideas "literally" pour out onto the paper (uhm, keyboard ...)

AxmxZ

Posted Sun Mar 16th, 2008 6:21am Post subject: Me Me Me.. and.. uh.. you

It's because I'm concentrating all my efforts on the novel about those two, and I frankly just can't come up with any other unrelated characters and unrelated plotlines right now.

Crickey, a whole novel about those two now that should make an excellent read I reckon I´ll have to wait until the book hits the shelves....

All the best, AxmxZ, may the ideas "literally" pour out onto the paper (uhm, keyboard ...)

No trouble there - I've got 300 pages of ideas so far... I just need to tie them into a coherent plot.

I might need to thank Stephen somehow for the inspiration I derived from him to create Martin.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sun Mar 30th, 2008 4:04pm Post subject: Me Me Me.. and.. uh.. you
X-D

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sun Mar 30th, 2008 4:05pm Post subject: Me Me Me.. and.. uh.. you
300 pages, dios mío X-D

Indeed, Martin "sounded" very Stephenesque. I could even picture him when he was going about the tea-making quite ceremoniously...

AxmxZ

Posted Sun Mar 30th, 2008 5:14pm Post subject: Me Me Me.. and.. uh.. you
Martin started out as a meditation of sorts on how circumstances of birth affect ones personality. Someone gets born into upper-middle class in idyllic pastoral England of the 50s, someone gets born into abject poverty somewhere in the depths of provincial Russia during the Andropov years... suppose it's the same exact sort of individual? Or no, I suppose it's rather the opposite - what sort of things can lead someone born into such completely different circumstances nevertheless to turn into a sort of peculiar facsimile of an English gentleman?

Of course, he's acquired, like, a dozen component personalities since then, but divorcing him from that initial concept is proving impossible.

It's funny that you'd mention the tea thing... it's such an English thing, isn't it, the tea ceremony? The "Toast." Except to Russians, it's a very Russian thing. So yeah, the boys are pretty tea-crazy. They would've been more vodka-crazy, except Martin doesn't drink, and Garik drinks far too much when given the opportunity - so tea it is.

Nitro

Posted Fri Oct 31st, 2008 11:56am Post subject: Me Me Me.. and.. uh.. you
Hmm...I wonder if the original posters eloquently written angst with the blogosphere and his/her concrete decision to stop reading blogs, also includes reading the replies to his/her post. X-D :

Really? Wow.

dexter vandango

Posted Fri Oct 31st, 2008 12:04pm Post subject: Me Me Me.. and.. uh.. you
What with excessive wanking, trying to keep up with Stephen's doings, I'm foced to restrict my blog addicition somewhat.

Amused that my intitial thread here got so quickly sidetracked. It's a bit like beginning with world-wide famine and moving on to a spirited discussion of the merits of Hob Nobs.

monochromeprincess

Posted Fri Oct 31st, 2008 7:38pm Post subject: Me Me Me.. and.. uh.. you
I found my initial desire to argue back at the start of the thread somewhat waned as I read through everyone's cute little comments, and now I'm just smiling :).

But surely though, dexter vandango, your anger - or whatever it is you feel - against blogs originates from your obsession with them? If you're checking a site multiple times a day then really what you're getting annoyed about is your own behaviour, rather than the fact it's not updated often enough. And to be honest, you're not going to find a site that is updated more than this one, especially by someone like Mr Fry. So your anger shouldn't be directed towards blogs - everyone has a chance to do or say what they want on the web, what do you advocate, web police? It won't work - but rather the something in you that gets addicted to them. It is not the form of bloggery that is at fault, there is nothing about it that says you have to obsessively check it multiple times a day.

@dreamingshadow

Nitro

Posted Fri Oct 31st, 2008 7:41pm Post subject: Me Me Me.. and.. uh.. you
What with excessive wanking, trying to keep up with Stephen's doings, I'm foced to restrict my blog addicition somewhat.

Amused that my intitial thread here got so quickly sidetracked. It's a bit like beginning with world-wide famine and moving on to a spirited discussion of the merits of Hob Nobs.

Hob Nobs have merits to argue about?

Really? Wow.

dexter vandango

Posted Fri Mar 20th, 2009 6:36pm Post subject: Me Me Me.. and.. uh.. you
Two months without checking my thread.

Maybe I can kick the addiction?