Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

AsPlanet

Posted Tue Aug 25th, 2009 11:29pm Post subject: Medication, advice needed - Seroquel !

I have Aspergers, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ADHD, Bipolar type 1... a neurological puzzle, my web site for more details on me Aspergers Parallel Planet - http://www.AsPlanet.info

NEW TO MEDICATION and really its up to me to try as is and yes they have advised me how, but dose wise can vary and so sort of have to experiment on myself, thats the only reason I am asking. Medication is Seroquel - quetiapine fumarate). I have taken some but hard to know really and in away another stress to have to think about, worry about and as today if in a brilliant mood could be pill or my natural high, I have decided to go ahead and try, mainly if at a low and/or unable to sleep, but looks like will be weeks of trying out and told if bad take higher dose will knock you out, that advise I feel dangerous for those with obsessive naturals and did in fact say that, I guess the problem being unless you can afford a psychiatrist regularly here in NZ as you have to pay and its expensive I will only be having visits every 6 weeks or so and not so sure my doctor would be any better than me researching myself, saying that no wonder some people take the easy option, I have no intention of doing so, but it does concern me for the times when I am in a low mood and no way could I let some one else control my medication...

Anyway I have I have been told to take when needed to help sleep and stabilize, to clam me down, bring me down I think the word is, but I am also considering taking a smaller dose regularly because I sort of feel may help long term! but I will also would love to hear from those with lived experiences, but saying that I have to consider the side effects long term... and so may take for a while to hopefully help stabilizer my inconsistent, moods and then as and when.... in a way I guess I am being an experiment on self, at least I will have a valued opinion, but who knows hopefully I will end up in a better head space and even a more productive individual, if I can alleviate the lows no stopping me, if only so easy, I think will take a while anyway...

But I will also keep Stephen Fry's quote in mind:
"But the idea that once you start on medication and each time you go off it you seem to get worse is a very grim one." a worry thought!

But will keep an open mind, its the first time I have ever seen a psychiatrist and/or thought of taking any medication, but told they were more likely to be able to understand all my varied complexities, sadly they are not an expert in Aspergers(neurology complex) but overall good, as usual I done most of the talking anyway and I already understand self and my triggers and what I need to do, doing it at times these days not so easy and I half wonder with the professionals they listen and suggest medication, after surviving half a life time without, guess apprehensive to take... advice appreciated

"Believe in your self, we are who we are - as it can feel like an endless task trying to be someone else!" Aspergers Parallel Planet - www.AsPlanet.info

monochromeprincess

Posted Wed Aug 26th, 2009 11:01am Post subject: Medication, advice needed - Seroquel !

This is better posted in the Secret Life forum, where I'm sure someone will be able to help you.
Though be warned you probably won't make many friends if you go round and post the same thing multiple times.

mp xx

@dreamingshadow

AsPlanet

Posted Wed Aug 26th, 2009 12:27pm Post subject: Medication, advice needed - Seroquel !

Thanks have done and explain I am not being obsessive, will try and delete this post, otherwise continues here: http://www.stephenfry.com/forum/topic/medication-a.....ost-176921

"Believe in your self, we are who we are - as it can feel like an endless task trying to be someone else!" Aspergers Parallel Planet - www.AsPlanet.info