Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

ArcadiaHouse

Posted Mon Sep 15th, 2008 8:07pm Post subject: Meet Stephen at Waterstone's in October!!
Stephen is signing copies of 'Stephen Fry in America' in October at three branches of Waterstone's.

http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/displayD.....or=Stephen|Fry

I've pleaded with my mum all evening, but I'm not allowed to miss a day of school, apparently. *sobs*

What I don't get is that he wrote an article last year or something saying how he hates book signings now because of the embarrassment involving camera phones (can't say I blame him) - I wonder what changed his mind?

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Sep 23rd, 2008 8:44am Post subject: Meet Stephen at Waterstone's in October!!
Awww none of them are up here in the north.

Assuming direct control...

fryfan20

Posted Tue Sep 23rd, 2008 12:02pm Post subject: Meet Stephen at Waterstone's in October!!
as a student, I can't afford a trip to UK or missing school
sucks to be me (!)

I am what I am

SharanControl

Posted Thu Sep 25th, 2008 4:35pm Post subject: Meet Stephen at Waterstone's in October!!
I am planning on attending the Kensington signing if anyone wants to come with me. Perhaps a drink before to discuss some Fryisms!

SharanControl

Posted Thu Sep 25th, 2008 4:36pm Post subject: Meet Stephen at Waterstone's in October!!
I am planning on attending the Kensington signing if anyone wants to come with me. Perhaps a drink before to discuss some Fryisms!

Ophelia

Posted Fri Sep 26th, 2008 1:37pm Post subject: Meet Stephen at Waterstone's in October!!
I'm also planning on attending the Kensington signing . Great to know that other members are coming as well!

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Mon Sep 29th, 2008 5:25pm Post subject: Meet Stephen at Waterstone's in October!!
Perhaps it comes with the "job" (in for a journey through the States, in for book signing sessions)
I hope that the book signing is not as harrowing an experience for him as was presenting the BAFTAs

Don´t be too sad all those who are unable to attend any of the book signings - we are the majority - and have fun all those who in fact can

Hey, I might order the book and DVD as a belated birthday present for myself instead

IdeaCollector

Posted Mon Sep 29th, 2008 5:41pm Post subject: Meet Stephen at Waterstone's in October!!
Lots of exciting books coming out this next month...makes me wish I lived in the UK. I've given the ex-boyfriend a shopping list of books to purchase and ship to me under the guise of my Christmas present, birthday present and next years Christmas present

Can't wait to get my paws on this book though. The excerpts saw to that.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

fryfan20

Posted Mon Sep 29th, 2008 6:42pm Post subject: Meet Stephen at Waterstone's in October!!
I wish the ones that can go to Stephen, lots and lots of fun
and if anyone is brave/crazy enough, give Stephen a hug from me.
(think a kiss is a bit much to ask)

I am what I am

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Sep 29th, 2008 7:25pm Post subject: Meet Stephen at Waterstone's in October!!
Yeah those who are going have fun. Don't glomp him too much how will you resist? or he might get bruised!

Assuming direct control...

ArcadiaHouse

Posted Wed Oct 1st, 2008 5:48pm Post subject: Meet Stephen at Waterstone's in October!!
I hope that the book signing is not as harrowing an experience for him as was presenting the BAFTAs

8-O?

My mum called Waterstone's in Kensington while I was at school and they're sending a signed copy to me "as soon as possible"!! :D:D He'll be in the book signing just now, in fact ...

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Wed Oct 1st, 2008 6:07pm Post subject: Meet Stephen at Waterstone's in October!!

8-O?

My mum called Waterstone's in Kensington while I was at school and they're sending a signed copy to me "as soon as possible"!! :D:D He'll be in the book signing just now, in fact ...

Excellent!! What a mum

In SLOTMD, Stephen speaks about how stressful hosting the BAFTAs was for him... But I suppose the size of the audience in Waterstone´s (as compared to millions of viewers across the UK) may help him keep his cool. I wonder how he feels during his appearances on TV for the purpose of promoting his new book... I´d die if I had to make an appearance before, and speak to, a crowd of as few as 4 people... How do all those people in the public eye cope ?

Jo1983

Posted Wed Oct 8th, 2008 2:18am Post subject: Meet Stephen at Waterstone's in October!!
When I noticed the words "book signings" I was elated, however, upon further reading I am now extremely sad that there are only London book signings!!
Please Please come to Liverpool!!!!!

Ju-drop

Posted Wed Oct 8th, 2008 7:57pm Post subject: Meet Stephen at Waterstone's in October!!
Stephen was in Cheltenham last week and it was fantastic to meet him. He even signed our copy of The Liar! He was friendly, relaxed and chatted to everyone who attended the signing. I love him and wanted to hug him but my courage failed me

ArcadiaHouse

Posted Sun Oct 19th, 2008 12:58am Post subject: Meet Stephen at Waterstone's in October!!

8-O?

Excellent!! What a mum

In SLOTMD, Stephen speaks about how stressful hosting the BAFTAs was for him... But I suppose the size of the audience in Waterstone´s (as compared to millions of viewers across the UK) may help him keep his cool. I wonder how he feels during his appearances on TV for the purpose of promoting his new book... I´d die if I had to make an appearance before, and speak to, a crowd of as few as 4 people... How do all those people in the public eye cope ?

Ah, ok. Yeah, I don't think I could speak coherently on TV in front of millions of people. My signed book arrived!!