Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

fryfan20

Posted Sun Jan 17th, 2010 1:14am Post subject: mentioning Hitler ?

did any discussion here ended in someone referring to Hitler or to the Nazi's ?

I can't think of one tbh

I am what I am

andrealein

Posted Sun Jan 17th, 2010 11:31pm Post subject: mentioning Hitler ?

Can't think of one either.

I am not a Russian spy, cross my heart and hope to die.

ginj

Member *

Posted Mon Jan 18th, 2010 2:06am Post subject: mentioning Hitler ?

I thought that was very odd. I have been on several forums, and there have been some rather nasty disagreements, but no one has ever mentioned Hitler.

andrealein

Posted Mon Jan 18th, 2010 5:48pm Post subject: mentioning Hitler ?

I sometimes see Hitler mentioned in youTube comments but those can hardly be counted as real dicussions in the first place. I'm not on forums often, but when you said you've never seen aything like that I thought that it's probably most likely on forums on politcs. So I googled discussion and politcs, clicked on the first forum, then on the first board which was domestic policy and... the third topic even has Hitler in the title. Not a example for that Godwin's Law or whatever it's called because the discussion didn't even get going but I didn't want to spend too much time on it It was about a German politician who suggested that people who get social benefits should be forced to work for it.

I am not a Russian spy, cross my heart and hope to die.

gjhsu

Posted Tue Jan 19th, 2010 3:09am Post subject: mentioning Hitler ?

DON'T MENTION THE WAR!! *klaxons*

I have seen forum 'discussions' devolve into Hitler/nazi talk, and it is rather sad, if funny for me as someone looking in and shaking my head. Not here, of course not, that would be silly. But on other sites that aren't based on the overwhelming loveliness of Stephen Fry

Mike Godwin

Posted Thu Jan 28th, 2010 5:00pm Post subject: mentioning Hitler ?

I have to say I was both startled and pleased to see that my Law and my name both popped up on QI.

--Mike Godwin
General Counsel
Wikimedia Foundation

gadgetgirl

Posted Sat Jan 30th, 2010 9:28pm Post subject: mentioning Hitler ?

It's happened on an awful lot of occasions on newsgroups/forums that I've seen. And on radio phoneins. I was really chuffed to see a question I knew!

Rarely here its true. But then this is the Room Lovely of the internet!

Hello Mr Godwin

That would be me.

Richard Lawrence

Posted Sun Jan 31st, 2010 7:21pm Post subject: mentioning Hitler ?

Paula Yates? Didn't she call someone Hitler once? No wait, it was 'Sperm of the Devil.' Said to Ian Hislop on HIGNFY.

Imaginary Forces

Posted Mon Mar 15th, 2010 10:11pm Post subject: mentioning Hitler ?

I have seen it happen on a few forums.

Imaginary Forces

The elevation of filth gives birth to the atheology of the biological continuum...