Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

ClareBear

Posted Sat Mar 8th, 2008 11:47pm Post subject: Message from Andrew
Thanks to everyone that has made comments about difficulties in joining the forum and blog to make comments. We appreciate your time
Within the Forum, some peoples comments don’t get through because the anti spammer stops them at registration point due too an email address might look too much like that of a spambots. The new registrant usually emails us and we sort it out for them. In relation to Blog comments - we haven’t cut off anyone deliberately. Some comments are “waiting to be approved” because we must manually approve all new registrants and their comments. If we didn’t, we’d have about 10,000 comments by spammers offering their usual wares. Occasionally people’s genuine comments get caught.

Overall we agree that there should be site-wide universal username and passwords and amalgamating membership is our priority. I will let you know as we progress.

Thanks again for raising this issue.

Andrew

Producer, Stephenfry.com

Nixie

Posted Wed Jun 11th, 2008 1:39pm Post subject: Message from Andrew
Thanks to everyone that has made comments about difficulties in joining the forum and blog to make comments. We appreciate your time
Within the Forum, some peoples comments don’t get through because the anti spammer stops them at registration point due too an email address might look too much like that of a spambots. The new registrant usually emails us and we sort it out for them. In relation to Blog comments - we haven’t cut off anyone deliberately. Some comments are “waiting to be approved” because we must manually approve all new registrants and their comments. If we didn’t, we’d have about 10,000 comments by spammers offering their usual wares. Occasionally people’s genuine comments get caught.

Overall we agree that there should be site-wide universal username and passwords and amalgamating membership is our priority. I will let you know as we progress.

Andrew

Producer, Stephenfry.com

Thanks, Andrew!

Mares

Posted Mon Jun 30th, 2008 4:05am Post subject: Message from Andrew
I've posted this in the technical difficulties thread, but thought I'd post it here as well. I've no problems posting to this forum, but my log in isn't recognized by the blog. I've no problem logging in at the WP screen, and it takes me to my dashboard, but upon clicking the link to visit the site, the blog itself doesn't recognize my being logged in. Clicking on the link at the bottom of a posting just refreshes the page. Can you please help?

Andrew

Producer, Stephenfry.com

Jimbocam

Posted Thu Jul 3rd, 2008 4:32pm Post subject: Message from Andrew
Hi,

Any reason why the latest podcast isn't in mp3 like the others?

My Creative Zen Stone player doesn't recognise the new format.

Cheers.

rob_from_canada

Posted Sat Jul 5th, 2008 3:50am Post subject: Message from Andrew
The RSS feed (http://www.stephenfry.com/podcasts/rss2.xml) which contains the mp3 versions of the episodes is, in a word, kakked.

If you run it through a feed validator, it appears that there are a number of errors which iTunes does not handle gracefully.

You can, however, subscribe to the mp3 feed using other feedreaders -- for example, I just successfully subscribed using Google Reader.

But it really would be very kind of the technical boffins here to find out why the feed is kakked and repair it so that we can subscribe to it in iTunes.

Rob

Jimbocam

Posted Sat Jul 5th, 2008 10:37am Post subject: Message from Andrew
Thanks Rob. I'll try Google reader.

rob_from_canada

Posted Sat Jul 5th, 2008 1:34pm Post subject: Message from Andrew
Hi Jimbocam,

You're welcome -- glad I could help.

My apologies to all for the use of a highly technical term such as "kakked". Hope everyone understood what I meant...

Rob

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Oct 18th, 2008 2:19pm Post subject: Message from Andrew
Sorry about the stuff up on the RSS feed for the MP3 and m4a version. I'm trying to get it fixed by the team now.

Best, Andrew Sampson

steviea11

Posted Sat Oct 18th, 2008 5:14pm Post subject: Message from Andrew
in your latest podgram you mentioned the funding and how everything is beginning to cost money, well here is an idea.
Firstly I'll apologise if someone else has come up with an identical soloution but i simply haven't read anyone else's theories.
Simply sell your podgram on itunes and make it only available there and there alone. Let them run it and your profits from this can pay for all the other tedious parts that make up fry.com 2.0 that you mentioned.
I suppose by doing this you'll need to make each last around the 1 hour mark for VFM. I hope you at least think about it.
The 1st episode of your travels across the USA was great , I've always had my reservations about America but you have dispelled them with one episode, congratulations ,and now one day I hope to go there myself . As we Scots say awrabest (all the best) with your travels , and lookafter your limbs this time.

Steviea11

dogmatix15

Posted Fri Aug 7th, 2009 4:07pm Post subject: Message from Andrew

On itunes with the new versions of the podgrams there is no episode 3 from series one. That is the one which was previously called wallpaper. Just wondering where its gone and if it is going to come back as now do not have the full set anymore after deleting the old ones in replacement of the new. also loved to see it back after such an incredible gap i hope they come more frequently now as its a nice piece of audio about his musings or thoughts rather than the paid recordings of stories etc, not being cheap I have purchased some of these recordings but have missed the musings. much love to everyone

Dogmatix15

rtbroz

Posted Mon Oct 31st, 2011 8:55am Post subject: Message from Andrew

The honeybee knows a future.............
Just finished listening to your language podcast. You made a mistake stating that no animal, other than man, speaks about or recognizes its future. The honeybee, after finding flowers with pollen, returns to the hive and dances out the navigation to the other bees telling them: “if you follow these directions, you will find pollen” or as we might say, “ in the past I found flowers with pollen, I tell you now that in the future, if you follow these directions, you will find pollen and that future act is valuable to the hive and its future”. When someone hands you a map for directions, its use is always in the future. The bees “know” there is a future.

rtbroz

Sauron

Inactive

Posted Thu Sep 5th, 2013 6:55pm Post subject: Message from Andrew

What happened, british fool mongoloids? Where is your master named Stieven Lesbianka Fly? Why are you do not look at my topic in General Sribblings tread?