Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Aug 3rd, 2007 8:29pm Post subject: Mock The Week
Who's been watching the new series? I missed the first episode (watching The Stranglers that night so I forgot to tape it). I love this show it's always really funny.

Last week's was really funny. I loved how Russell Howard pwned Hugh Dennis with his Harry Potter knowledge and there was a group in the audience who kept cheering and screaming whenever he made any Harry Potter jokes and references. Last night's was good, I loved Frankie Boyles' 'creepy sexy voice'.

Assuming direct control...

absolutely curtains

Posted Fri Aug 3rd, 2007 9:23pm Post subject: Mock The Week
Yay yay yay!

Frankie Howard is my favourite. I didn't see it last night (but have Virgin tv on demand :-D) I'm really looking forward to finding out what you mean by "creepy sexy voice". X-D

I've noticed that Dara doesn't do his little standing up "gags" bit at the beginning anymore though.

One of my favourite things that Frankie Boyle has said (that I can remember) is:

Is it just me that's really horrified by the Spice Girls' reunion? The only time I want to see Geri Halliwell draped in a Union Jack is if she dies in battle.

X-D It's a class show!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Aug 3rd, 2007 9:35pm Post subject: Mock The Week

One of my favourite things that Frankie Boyle has said (that I can remember) is:

Is it just me that's really horrified by the Spice Girls' reunion? The only time I want to see Geri Halliwell draped in a Union Jack is if she dies in battle.

Classic! X-D

ratoutofhell

Posted Fri Aug 3rd, 2007 11:04pm Post subject: Mock The Week
Love it. Love Andy Parsons - genius. But have you noticed the frequency with which Hugh Dennis's team wins? Biased?

"If you are dirty, insignificant and unloved then rats are the ultimate role model" - Banksy

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Aug 3rd, 2007 11:17pm Post subject: Mock The Week
I like Andy Parsons. Have you noticed how Andy Parsons always gets the answer right in the first round?

ratoutofhell

Posted Sat Aug 4th, 2007 4:46pm Post subject: Mock The Week
I like Andy Parsons. Have you noticed how Andy Parsons always gets the answer right in the first round?

But he always says "Is it.... ?" with the air of a man who knows damn well that it is... X-D Guessing it's an in-joke...

"If you are dirty, insignificant and unloved then rats are the ultimate role model" - Banksy

absolutely curtains

Posted Sat Aug 4th, 2007 4:52pm Post subject: Mock The Week
He also always says "Now-" during the Stand-up Stand-off of Death round. I used to really hate him with his walk and his shiny head and his little beard and his slightly Baldrick voice, but I like it now...

Hugh Dennis is great! He's just got such a fantastic frightening face. WHen they were doing bad things to hear over a tannoy or something, and he said "ONLY YOU CAN HEAR ME." or "Second floor... But you can't get out."

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Aug 4th, 2007 7:10pm Post subject: Mock The Week
http://stephenfry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1256

Check this link. Hugh Dennis has offended some members of our bipolar community. I don't watch the show (being in Poland) but I think this is a serious gaffe beyond the boundaries of good taste.

absolutely curtains

Posted Sat Aug 11th, 2007 5:15pm Post subject: Mock The Week
Jimmy Tingle! What a name.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Aug 11th, 2007 5:18pm Post subject: Mock The Week
I remember a routine he did years ago (if I've got the right guy - blonde, American, wears a suit?) where he pointed out that politicians were following the "AIDS is God's punishment for gays and drug users so we're not going to do anything" policy and then mysteriously gave it their attention when they discovered prostitutes can get it.

absolutely curtains

Posted Sat Aug 11th, 2007 5:33pm Post subject: Mock The Week
Ha ha! I like that..

Erm, he may well have beem blonde and wore a suit many years ago. But how many people are there called Jimmy Tingle? You've probly got the right bloke there.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Aug 13th, 2007 10:42am Post subject: Mock The Week
Gawd was that American annoying in last week's episode! Very unfunny too.

Wahey David Mitchell, don't recall ever seeing him on MTW before (maybe he has and I missed it). Hmmm quite a fast walker in the final stand-up round. He has to be when there's Frankie and Hugh around! X-D Aww poor Andy Parsons kept falling off the platform coz of David Mitchell zooming across.

ratoutofhell

Posted Mon Aug 13th, 2007 12:18pm Post subject: Mock The Week

Wahey David Mitchell, don't recall ever seeing him on MTW before (maybe he has and I missed it). Hmmm quite a fast walker in the final stand-up round. He has to be when there's Frankie and Hugh around! X-D Aww poor Andy Parsons kept falling off the platform coz of David Mitchell zooming across.

Think he's been on once or twice before

Did you see the preview in Thursday's Guardian - the tv critic absolutely slated it, we were amazed.

ClareBear

Posted Mon Aug 13th, 2007 12:44pm Post subject: Mock The Week
They always put decent things on at the same time MTW is on the same time as House.

Grr

absolutely curtains

Posted Mon Aug 13th, 2007 11:41pm Post subject: Mock The Week
Yaay for Virgin Media!

*smug*