Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

JVONEARTH

Posted Sun Apr 1st, 2007 4:20pm Post subject: Money Troubles
If anyone has fallen in the shit due to the illness and you have nasty letters from banks or creditors if you need any help send me a PM or E'mail.
As i have had to deal with collection agencys i can give advice based on experience........If this could help

AxmxZ

Posted Sun Apr 1st, 2007 6:45pm Post subject: Money Troubles
I have experience with collection agencies: I work in one.

*cracks knuckles*

JVONEARTH

Posted Sun Apr 1st, 2007 7:05pm Post subject: Money Troubles
do you use the same dirty tricks that the ones over here do?

AxmxZ

Posted Sun Apr 1st, 2007 7:15pm Post subject: Money Troubles
No idea. I'm in the legal department, not a collector.

JVONEARTH

Posted Sun Apr 1st, 2007 7:18pm Post subject: Money Troubles
oh good

Jenn_E

Posted Mon Apr 2nd, 2007 2:23am Post subject: Money Troubles
Collection agencies scare me. :'(

JVONEARTH

Posted Mon Apr 2nd, 2007 9:39am Post subject: Money Troubles
Why

trouser material

Posted Mon Apr 2nd, 2007 1:10pm Post subject: Money Troubles
Because they smash your door down with an axe and cut your thumbs off with a pair of wire cutters. Everyone knows that. X-D

AxmxZ

Posted Mon Apr 2nd, 2007 2:55pm Post subject: Money Troubles
Because they smash your door down with an axe and cut your thumbs off with a pair of wire cutters. Everyone knows that. X-D

Which reminds me, I need to put in a request for that new axe-sharpener...

Jenn_E

Posted Mon Apr 2nd, 2007 3:09pm Post subject: Money Troubles
About two years ago, my husband and I were having really serious financial probelms, and unfortunately we were unable to completely pay off one of our credit cards and the debt went into the collection process. At that point, this *total* asshole made it a point to call my house at least twice a day, sometimes three or four times, and he would literally yell at me and call me names and tell me how irresponsible I was, and came right out and said that if I couldn't manage something as simple as a monthly credit card bill, how could I possibly be fit to be a parent. He was the most horrible person I've ever encountered..... ever. It's almost embarassing to admit, but he honestly made me cry a couple of times.

Aoibheann

Posted Mon Apr 2nd, 2007 5:21pm Post subject: Money Troubles
About two years ago, my husband and I were having really serious financial probelms, and unfortunately we were unable to completely pay off one of our credit cards and the debt went into the collection process. At that point, this *total* asshole made it a point to call my house at least twice a day, sometimes three or four times, and he would literally yell at me and call me names and tell me how irresponsible I was, and came right out and said that if I couldn't manage something as simple as a monthly credit card bill, how could I possibly be fit to be a parent. He was the most horrible person I've ever encountered..... ever. It's almost embarassing to admit, but he honestly made me cry a couple of times.

Bastard..... i would of had a bat waiting for him the next time he showed up....

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Mon Apr 2nd, 2007 5:32pm Post subject: Money Troubles

He was probably a bully or sadist who needed to get his regular kicks... Id have set the dogs on him. keep him in line lol

meekychuppet

Posted Mon Apr 2nd, 2007 7:57pm Post subject: Money Troubles

I would simply record the conversation, send it by registered post to the MD's house with a threat that it will arrive at BBC's Watchdog unless appropriate restitution is made.

Then I would stop the recording and ban jo his sorry fucking arse.

Jenn_E

Posted Mon Apr 2nd, 2007 11:33pm Post subject: Money Troubles
Believe it or not, the guy was actually stupid enough to give me his real name when he called. My husband finally got fed up with him calling and harassing us, so he googled the guy's name (it was fairly unusual) and found an address and phone number. For about three days straight, we both called his house and gave him hell. Really soon after that, he turned our account over to this supervisor to handle. X-D Even though he managed to make me feel like a poop heap, I got the last laugh.

AxmxZ

Posted Mon Apr 2nd, 2007 11:35pm Post subject: Money Troubles
Believe it or not, the guy was actually stupid enough to give me his real name when he called. My husband finally got fed up with him calling and harassing us, so he googled the guy's name (it was fairly unusual) and found an address and phone number. For about three days straight, we both called his house and gave him hell. Really soon after that, he turned our account over to this supervisor to handle. X-D Even though he managed to make me feel like a poop heap, I got the last laugh.

What an odd collection agency. If any of our guys did any of what he did, they'd have been out of work soooooo fast...