Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

katysara

Posted Wed Oct 17th, 2007 3:48pm Post subject: Mood Films
A film I think which isn't too downbeat but which deals very well with mental health issues is Proof starring Gwyneth Paltrow, Anthony Hopkins and Jake whatshisnameIcan'tspellitproperlyBrokebackMountaindude...

Jake Gyllenhaal. Fwoarghh.

I've not seen Proof - so I think I'll get it on that recommendation Saturn. Oh, and I tried to buy Mrs Dalloway at WHSmith, but they didn't have it. I got To the Lighthouse instead and it's a bit crap.

KSx

I am an administrator on this site.

"Having a great intellect is no path to being happy."
~ Stephen Fry

See my website: www.katysaraculling.com

Saturn

Posted Wed Oct 17th, 2007 4:05pm Post subject: Mood Films
There's also a film of Mrs Dalloway which is quite good with Vanessa Redgrave and Rupert Graves and a whole lot more famous faces.

Not as good as the novel of course but quite moving.

Vespertine

Posted Wed Oct 17th, 2007 4:56pm Post subject: Mood Films
i'm a painter, and i also like reading and watching films. i'm trying to learn more about poetry right now. i love museums and art history books.

and yeah... blocks come. sometimes it's not really a "block" so much as a time to take in new things... new info and new experiences. sometimes i panic when i haven't been constantly working. even when i am having the run-of-the-mill problem with a painting, i get REALLY sensitive. so i think i get what you mean about feeling paranoid. it's totally natural for a lot of creative people to need time to soak things in, stare at the wall, or research something. it doesn't mean your creativity is going to atrophy.

what kind of art do you like to do?

(i thought you might mean visual art, though maybe not?)

I do traditional art like scetching, painting, etc. But I also do digital art, photography and poetry.

http://dukeofnoodleness.deviantart.com Just click on my gallery.

I enjoy reading a lot.

NHStress

Posted Thu Oct 18th, 2007 4:36pm Post subject: Mood Films
Two films from me, co incidentally or not, featuring one of fave but not often seen actors Mr William Hurt.

Accidental Tourist & The Big Chill

Ok feel free to flame me on these two, neither I guess is very deep, phropetic or intellectual but I do tend to watch these when I'm down, if of course, my concentration or lack it permits.....