Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

MerryMary

Posted Fri Jul 20th, 2007 5:46am Post subject: Mr. Laurie and "House": advice for locating a good
Hello Friends.
I am seriously enamored of Blue Eyes and his programme, House. I cannot seem to locate a good ( read: literate, thoughtful and intelligent) board in which to engage others in discussion. There are a few "pretty" boards, but the content is just crap. I'd like to chat with people who know the terrible challenge of constructing sentences.

Please excuse the glib remarks. I am a bit annoyed at the moment. Anyone able to poiint my rudder in a better direction?

Thank you!
M

Britannicus

Posted Fri Jul 20th, 2007 6:40am Post subject: Mr. Laurie and "House": advice for locating a good
Haha, I take it you've already been to the Fox House forum. That place is a nightmare. Doesn't help that it's a fad for members to mimic House's wit with every last post. Badly, I might add.

"Your room...it's CLEAN!!!"
"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

MerryMary

Posted Fri Jul 20th, 2007 7:04am Post subject: Mr. Laurie and "House": advice for locating a good
The worst offenders are the "official" network boards. Blick.
I went to another, house-boards dot com, and the literacy level is distressing, although the book has a nice cover, as it were.

I need Hugh! Help.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Jul 20th, 2007 2:50pm Post subject: Mr. Laurie and "House": advice for locating a good
Have you been to the Devoted to Hugh forum? It's the only one I can think of.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

AxmxZ

Posted Fri Jul 20th, 2007 3:30pm Post subject: Mr. Laurie and "House": advice for locating a good
What about Television Without Pity forums?

MerryMary

Posted Fri Jul 20th, 2007 5:09pm Post subject: Mr. Laurie and "House": advice for locating a good
Ah! Thank you. I'll take a spin.

jewel

Posted Fri Jul 20th, 2007 11:55pm Post subject: Mr. Laurie and "House": advice for locating a good
I agree, the fox forum is... not worth attention

I've been visiting "Devoted to Hugh" forum... (hughlaurie.co.uk)
it's rather good actually especially when I'm in a mood of drooling...
anyhow, I like the idea of a thread for him here this is my favourite forum...
it's without those animated smilies which annoys me often in DTH forum. but if you don't mind animated smilies and a bit of drooling in general, you can try DTH forum they have some good stuff there.

"The game, Mrs. Hudson, is on!"

MerryMary

Posted Sat Jul 21st, 2007 11:03am Post subject: Mr. Laurie and "House": advice for locating a good
No shame in drooling. I have come out about it, and don't we feel better living openly devoted and not ashamed? To be relieved of this secret after so many years...
Thanks for the site suggestions.

There is a fetching photo of the darling man on Photobucket wearing only strategically placed hands. Oh, my my. Looks to be a still from a film or TV set. It would make a lovely avatar for someone!

jewel

Posted Sat Jul 21st, 2007 12:53pm Post subject: Mr. Laurie and "House": advice for locating a good
that's a pic from the set of "Fortysomething", miniseries, where also Stephen took part
awesome pic

MerryMary

Posted Sat Jul 21st, 2007 7:00pm Post subject: Mr. Laurie and "House": advice for locating a good
Thanks, Jewell. Such riches! I will go hunt and gather!

jewel

Posted Sat Jul 21st, 2007 8:20pm Post subject: Mr. Laurie and "House": advice for locating a good
Good luck with hunting, Mary there are plenty of goods to hunt I myself am still amazed from time to time as I find something great... if you like fan fiction (I've never thought I would like it until I read some in this forum), you can try Fawlty's, Jackyblu's fan fiction and my favourite "Silent Houses" by JennyVV there.

btw, if you want to browse through enormous videos' collection about Hugh, try the DTH member's MaryKir's site http://www.marykir.com/hl/houseclips.htm, they decided to move the video collection to her site for more convenience.

MerryMary

Posted Sun Jul 22nd, 2007 12:52am Post subject: Mr. Laurie and "House": advice for locating a good
I am now beyond giddy.

Jackyblu

Posted Wed Aug 1st, 2007 4:25am Post subject: Mr. Laurie and "House": advice for locating a good
My dear Jewel,

I am simply beside myself, (which takes up a great deal of room in this chair) with pleasure at having been mentioned by you as someone whose fiction you deem worthy of reading and endorsing to others. Good heavens I had no idea! I write as a distraction and purely for my own enjoyment. Which begs the question why was I so audacious as to post it in a public forum? Simply put because I had the balls to do so. (Just an expression as the equipment is non-existent.)

I can hear you muttering beneath your breath, "Gracious! She is quite uncouth and has no sense of political correctness nor morals of any kind." None of this I will dispute. I believe in calling a mouse a mouse and not a mammal with body size image issues. Not to place too fine a point on it, 'PC is BS.'

Please do not waste your time looking for emoticons in my posts. I dislike them. They make poor punctuation to sentences and should be discouraged at every turn.

I must agree that FOX message board is laughingly simple, an impossible place to have any form of even half-witted conversation. Yet they are a necessary evil. We use the site to spread the word of our cause. And what is our cause?

Some friends and I are attempting to raise funds for Save The Children our pet charity and to do so we are trying to organize a House convention in May 2008. This is a grass roots endeavor. Hugh Laurie has announced that he will be donating all of the money he receives from his performances with Band From TV. He has his own page on the Save The Children web site. We have a website http://ladiesofhouse.tripod.com/. Not very professional perhaps but we like it and more to the point it is endorsed by Save The Children. We are still adding to it and will continue to do so as long as we can.

And so my dear I have wasted enough of your valuable time and drabbled on quite long enough.

All the best!

Jackyblu

I have never seen a purple cow...and thank God for that!

jewel

Posted Wed Aug 1st, 2007 7:38am Post subject: Mr. Laurie and "House": advice for locating a good
Hi Jackyblu,

nice to see you here! I mentioned your fanfic only because of one simple reason - I like it.

and I understand your dislike of smilies, though I myself still use them. But trying to use as little as possible (bad habits die hard, don't they?).
This forum is a great place to be, I love it here very much. I hope you'll enjoy it too!

jewel

Jackyblu

Posted Wed Aug 1st, 2007 7:57am Post subject: Mr. Laurie and "House": advice for locating a good
I have been here a time or two and it is charming. I do know what you mean about old habits...they often need mending. (That was a dreadful pun.)

I haven't had the time to write recently but I hope to as soon as the muse screams in my ear. I have started about five fictions and they are all at various stages of non-completion. *sigh* Thank you for reading them and a very great thank you for enjoying them. I rather like writing House and Wilson. They are the most fun and have the best exchanges although Cuddy is coming along nicely now too.

Thank you again for your kind welcome.

Save The Children...
Jackyblu

I have never seen a purple cow...and thank God for that!