Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

dad

Posted Wed Nov 12th, 2008 1:00pm Post subject: Mr Stephen Fry the lawbreaker?
Is Stephen Fry not aware that it is illegal in California (and maybe other States) to have anything such as a GPS/SatNav fixed to your windscreen?

ladyfromhamburg

Posted Wed Nov 12th, 2008 6:21pm Post subject: Mr Stephen Fry the lawbreaker?
I don't know if Mr. Fry is aware of this fact but I can say that I never heard this before and may I ask you one question? How do you use a nav/gps or something similar if you are not allowed to fix it to your windscreen? I wonder because in Europe many people are using portable systems and where else should these be fixed to?

stephenfryagain

Posted Wed Nov 12th, 2008 9:07pm Post subject: Mr Stephen Fry the lawbreaker?
the dash perhaps?

ClareBear

Posted Wed Nov 12th, 2008 9:41pm Post subject: Mr Stephen Fry the lawbreaker?
It's too late now

Sidthespid

Posted Mon Nov 17th, 2008 2:51pm Post subject: Mr Stephen Fry the lawbreaker?
First it was the watch, now it's SatNav, what will his crime be tomorrow? Perhaps a dastardly plan for world domination. I can imagine it now, Stephen brainstorming with a freeware mind mapping programme, preparing to reveal his next wave of crime.

j9r

Posted Mon Nov 17th, 2008 3:25pm Post subject: Mr Stephen Fry the lawbreaker?
California law now allows things attached to the windshield on the lower section on the passenger side only, it can in no way blocked any of the view out of the car. And should not be operable while the car is in motion, no pushing buttons while driving.

---j

"I'm from New Jersey, if the world ended today, I'd adjust" - John Gorka

Bishop of Attleborough

Posted Mon Dec 1st, 2008 9:29am Post subject: Mr Stephen Fry the lawbreaker?
Oh dear. In that case, I have inadvertently broken California state law myself on occasion, while setting up my mother-in-law's Magellan. I'd better turn myself in to the Santa Clara county sheriff's department next time I'm down there.

"Sergeant Colon had had a broad education. He’d been to the School of My Dad Always Said, the College of It Stands to Reason, and was now a post-graduate student at the University of What Some Bloke In the Pub Told Me." - Terry Pratchett, Jingo