Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

blackadder

Posted Tue May 8th, 2007 7:41pm Post subject: Mrs Thingy ..woman of mystery
Hi Stephen

What is the mystery of Mrs Thingy?
One of the most delightful little quirks of Kingdom is the mystery of Mrs Thingy, what it is that makes Peter run for cover the nanosecond he catches a glimpse of the shopping trolley towing, grey haired old lovely,

I offer three possible reasons;
1. Peter once ran over Mrs Thingy’s cat and he is panged with guilt and realises that if he ever make eye contact with the dear old gal he will uncontrollably confess the dark deed.

2. Peter is working on a case with the local Market Shipbrough constabulary which has identified Mrs Thingy as head of the local crime syndicate and when ever he sees her she is in fact making deliveries of large shipments of crack cocaine to the local tea room using her bullet proof shopping trolley, Peter has to hide when he sees her as she has let it be know she will ‘Pop a cap in his ass’.

3. Mrs Thingy is the illegitimate love child of Kings George 6th and Joyce Grenfell, and Peter holds this information knowing that if it got out the whole fabric of the British monarchy would collapse and the seat of power would shift from Buckingham palace in London to Rose Cottage, Market Shipbrough – such pressure that one mortal man should bear

I look forward to eventually knowing what the mystery is ..or do I ?

You can take the man out of Norfolk but you can't take the Norfolk out of the man.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed May 9th, 2007 4:12pm Post subject: Mrs Thingy ..woman of mystery
I'm going with number 2.

Assuming direct control...

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Jun 3rd, 2007 2:03pm Post subject: Mrs Thingy ..woman of mystery
At last some development for Mrs Thingy, however slight. I was beginning to worry this was just going to be a running gag with Peter running away from her every week. I wonder if we'll find out more about her next series. It would be silly if we didn't.

Frylu

Posted Mon Jun 11th, 2007 4:39pm Post subject: Mrs Thingy ..woman of mystery
I`m for all of them.
A illegitimate love child , is head of the local crime syndicate to take revenge for the over running of her cat (!) Sounds good.

shatzi

Posted Tue Jul 3rd, 2007 6:14pm Post subject: Mrs Thingy ..woman of mystery
Well I finally got my PAL vcr running, and watched the videotape someone here made for me. It had 5 eps on it, so I couldn't sleep, not being able to see the last one! I am getting the DVD anyway to get the behind the scenes clips. I laughed so hard when Snell the Smell tried to get out of his house and banged into the speed limit sign. Sorry, no matter what wardrobe he's in, he's so cute...
I hope I receive the DVD in the mail before I leave for vacation.

shatzi

Posted Thu Jul 12th, 2007 6:17am Post subject: Mrs Thingy ..woman of mystery
It works, but the episode selection doesn't let me pick an episode. Plus the sound gets out of sync. At least I saw the last ep plus the Making Of documentary.

Nele

Posted Tue Feb 19th, 2008 1:54am Post subject: Mrs Thingy ..woman of mystery
He's forgotten her name! Though I love all three possible solution and admire the combination, I think what best fits Peter's character is that he's forgotten her bloody name. She is of course not really called Mrs. Thingy he only uses it as a surrogate. Notice how he always says "Mrs.. ehmm... thingy." There's always a slight stop before he says Thingy. He's so emberassed about not knowing it that he has to hide. This might sound rediculous but it happens to me all the time. Maybe, it just happens to me and other people are indeed able to remember their fellow humans' names. Hmm... now that I wrote it down it does seem rather absurd. Forget I ever mentioned it.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Feb 19th, 2008 1:56am Post subject: Mrs Thingy ..woman of mystery
MRS. THINGY IS PETRA'S FATHER!

Well it WOULD shock poor Peter, wouldn't it?

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Feb 19th, 2008 2:09am Post subject: Mrs Thingy ..woman of mystery

turkey baster?

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Feb 19th, 2008 2:19am Post subject: Mrs Thingy ..woman of mystery

turkey baster?

You'd need more than a turkey baster for that, luv.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Feb 19th, 2008 2:23am Post subject: Mrs Thingy ..woman of mystery
you're right, you need about five other things.
http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/homeinsem.html#syringe
(besides sperm...why isn't that listed in the supplies? too obvious i guess)

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Feb 19th, 2008 9:44am Post subject: Mrs Thingy ..woman of mystery
He's forgotten her name! Though I love all three possible solution and admire the combination, I think what best fits Peter's character is that he's forgotten her bloody name. She is of course not really called Mrs. Thingy he only uses it as a surrogate. Notice how he always says "Mrs.. ehmm... thingy." There's always a slight stop before he says Thingy. He's so emberassed about not knowing it that he has to hide. This might sound rediculous but it happens to me all the time. Maybe, it just happens to me and other people are indeed able to remember their fellow humans' names. Hmm... now that I wrote it down it does seem rather absurd. Forget I ever mentioned it.

I'm terrible with names too. I hate having when I have to give in and ask because I feel awful not knowing. :-// I'm so crap at remembering names and because I work in schools it can be a nightmare sometimes trying to remember not only all the staff's names (which can be awkward as sometimes I only remember their surname or their first name) but all the children's names. It's easier with older children as they always sit more or less in the same seats everyday and have exercise books with their names on that you can sneak a peak at but when I'm with the youngest children (five or under) it can be a nightmare as it's all free-flow play.