Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

smartnsweet1

Posted Sat Mar 28th, 2009 6:03am Post subject: Must read--great book!
A great read: Where Angels Fear to Tread by Yolanda Pascal. Funny, exciting, and thoroughly impolite. Enjoy! (With apologies to EM Forster, of courster.)

PamJH

Posted Sat Mar 28th, 2009 12:20pm Post subject: Must read--great book!
Thanks for the rec. Can you give me a little info about the plot? I am, of course, too lazy to look it up for myself.

smartnsweet1

Posted Sat Mar 28th, 2009 7:52pm Post subject: Must read--great book!
Quick summary: Sherlock Holmes and Harry Potter join forces with Zaphod Beeblebrox in the Matrix. It's a quick, exciting, suprising, fun read, with lots of twists and laughs--and great characters.

William Escott and Shiloh Rush stumble through a cheesy sci-fi TV show on a low rated cable channel, even as they serve, MIB-style, to protect Earth from cosmic terrorists as agents of the Zygan Federation, an empire still hidden from Earth. Going back in time to save a middle-eastern prophet from assassination, they find their mission's sabotaged, and they go underground with a Lost Boys group of motley dropouts to save the prophet, Earth, and the lives of millions and fight the requisite villain, cosmic villain Theodore Benedict who is seeking to regain a Paradise Lost, pun intended. It's fun as a surface read for the lighthearted Hitchhiker's style, but tackles philosphy, politics, and purpose on a deeper level. Enjoy!

PamJH

Posted Wed Apr 1st, 2009 9:06pm Post subject: Must read--great book!
This book sounds like a great spring break read. Thanks.