Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun May 25th, 2008 8:05pm Post subject: Muuuuuuuusic
A combination of reading Superman issue 1 in 1987 and hearing Laurie Anderson's "Oh Superman" gave me a nightmare which I'm reminded of every time I hear that song. I dreamt I woke up in a hospital room and, like Superman's enemy Metallo, I discovered that my brain had been transplanted into a robot body and I had no sense of touch, taste or smell. I couldn't even cry though I desperately wanted to and my mum and dad were just outside the hospital door being told what had happened to me. So I jumped out of the window to my death before they could see me.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu May 29th, 2008 12:43pm Post subject: Muuuuuuuusic
I find the kind of music I am drawn to depends on my mood. Different moods want different types of music. Different instruments, different feelings, different tempo, different complexities.

3).................

that song about picking ticks off your girlfriend.

because there are ticks in it.

if he was a good boyfriend he wouldn't have let her get ticks in the first place, and offered her some fucking bug repellent. but no, he wants to see her nekkid, so no bug repellent for you. INTENTIONAL!

.......WHAT???!!!

Is that a real song?

Assuming direct control...

IdeaCollector

Posted Thu May 29th, 2008 3:15pm Post subject: Muuuuuuuusic
yes its a real country song...my ex had it on the radio and she was like this is the most beautiful song...and when it got to the ticks bit i was like really? really?

perhaps why she is an ex.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu May 29th, 2008 3:29pm Post subject: Muuuuuuuusic
Wow that's.....wow. I can't believe that's a real song.

TobiasMonk

Posted Fri May 30th, 2008 1:45am Post subject: Muuuuuuuusic
Heh, believe it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KvHB4zpNX4

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri May 30th, 2008 9:56am Post subject: Muuuuuuuusic
It's real and there's even tick graphics in the background! X-D

Panja

Posted Fri May 30th, 2008 10:31am Post subject: Muuuuuuuusic
haha that's a cute song, I love Brad Paisley

benson

Posted Sat May 31st, 2008 8:12am Post subject: Muuuuuuuusic
search for "igudesman & joo" on youtube if your cap can take it - and if the videos are available. best kind of serious music ever.

IanG

Posted Sun Jun 29th, 2008 11:50am Post subject: Muuuuuuuusic
I love music and always have. It doesn't really matter what genre it belongs, and so much music takes from different genres that the term is practically irrelevent as far as I'm concerned. There are however a couple of exceptions....

I don't get opera at all. I don't hear any beauty or emotion in it at all. To me it sounds no different from speed metal or death metal or whatever. It's just a hideous noise.

Rap/ hip hop is just unspeakable! I hate it when people talk about it as the natural successor to all the truly awesome black music that has gone before it
I'm sorry but I just don't equate true artists like Ray Charles, Dinah Washington etc, as having anything to do with the cretinous rappers that are prevalent today, It's a fair point that early rappers at least had something to say, but the modern ones are living proof that great wealth doesn't equate to greatness.

Phew, I'm glad I got that off my chest.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Jul 3rd, 2008 8:59am Post subject: Muuuuuuuusic

Rap/ hip hop is just unspeakable! I hate it when people talk about it as the natural successor to all the truly awesome black music that has gone before it
I'm sorry but I just don't equate true artists like Ray Charles, Dinah Washington etc, as having anything to do with the cretinous rappers that are prevalent today, It's a fair point that early rappers at least had something to say, but the modern ones are living proof that great wealth doesn't equate to greatness.

I hate the ones who just rap off a shopping list. I heard one the other week and he was all like "My shoes and my car and my house and wheels and my rings and my bling and my...." YAWN! U_U

IanG

Posted Mon Jul 7th, 2008 3:25pm Post subject: Muuuuuuuusic
And middle-aged white people who claim to be into it are just an embarrassment!
They need to remember that there's a reason why people think Tim Westwood is a twat and, as they say, 'know themselves', innit?

Shyamz

Posted Tue Jul 8th, 2008 5:31pm Post subject: Muuuuuuuusic
He Hee! Man I hate Wetswood too, he's such an embarrasment to white people who CAN aprecieate rap without humiliating themselves.

Am listening to Beck's new one that I just brought online.

I very much like it.

The title track "Modern Guilt" has an air of his Mutations album about it and is nice, with the kind of chorus piano chords I love.
"Walls" is cracking with a nice kind of mariachi band feel to it.

It seems that with so little good music been made by the musical circles he moves in, that he's taken to influencing himself rather than being influenced by others as he normaly would be.
And with his back catalouge, that's no bad thing.

ClareBear

Posted Sat Aug 30th, 2008 8:14pm Post subject: Muuuuuuuusic
Mellow recommendation: 30 Seconds To Mars...their site streams someof their current album, "A Beautiful Lie".

http://30secondstomars.com/main.asp?page=receive

leeanthony

Posted Wed Sep 3rd, 2008 9:49pm Post subject: Muuuuuuuusic
I'm quite fanatical when it comes to music. I have two ipods, one has slowed down a bit with 5000 something tracks, my new one has almost 2000.
Mainly into Balkan gypsy style, i love Kocani Orkestar, Beirut, A Hawk And A Hacksaw. Also doing a bit of research into traditional Russian music and more eastern European stuff.
Love rock. Most of the classic bands, Zeppelin etc. Brand New to Biffy Clyro, The Libertines, Radiohead, Fleet Foxes, Animal Collective, the list goes on.
I've overstepped my tolerance threshold when it comes to hip hop, although i like A Tribe Called Quest and Mos Def. I hate new RnB, it's awful and dumb.
I play guitar as well, the band is still nameless though.

Shyamz

Posted Sun Nov 8th, 2009 5:56pm Post subject: Muuuuuuuusic

This:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTegIE_nhFM

You know how once in a while you hear something and within a few seconds you know you're going to be listening to it for the rest of your life? This is one of the greatest things I've ever heard.