Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

fryflypilot57

Posted Tue Aug 19th, 2008 5:07am Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kudos! I shall be reading it soon

Panja

Posted Tue Aug 19th, 2008 5:25am Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's on amazon.ca as well but it's out of stock, presumably because it just came out recently and needs time to get over here. I ordered it anyway and hopefully it won't take too long. I've also already got a friend who wants to read it after me. You said you'd like feedback so I'll let you know what we both thought of it afterwards. I know we don't really know each other, but I'm so happy for you that your book's finally out, it's exciting

katysara

Posted Tue Aug 19th, 2008 11:49am Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you everyone.

And Panja - we do know each other - a bit. From another place... And here.

And yes, I would like feedback. Scary as that is.

KSx

I am an administrator on this site.

"Having a great intellect is no path to being happy."
~ Stephen Fry

See my website: www.katysaraculling.com

whattocallmyself

Posted Wed Aug 20th, 2008 3:48pm Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!
the book has reached sweden now and I just ordered a copy from adlibris.
I'll have it in a week or so.
Im so excited!

Onwards and Upwards!

katysara

Posted Wed Aug 20th, 2008 5:16pm Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!
Excellent news... I only wish I could nip over and sign it!

I find myself very nervous now. I was determined all along to hide nothing, (in order to fight stigma), but there is a lot of personal and embarrassing stuff in there... and of course, the question of whether you like my style of writing (blunt) - hell, you all know that already from this forum!!!

Hugs,
KSx

~ Stephen Fry

TobiasMonk

Posted Wed Aug 20th, 2008 7:05pm Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've ordered my copy

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Soupy Twist

Posted Tue Aug 26th, 2008 8:26am Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!
just popping in to say that your book has reached Germany and can be ordered from amazon.de, libri.de, buecher.de etc., though they don't seem to have it in stock yet. That's why I've ordered my copy from amazon.co.uk

katysara

Posted Tue Aug 26th, 2008 3:21pm Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!
Excellent news!!! Tomorrow I go on BBC radio to discuss my book and I seem to be very nervous....... eeeeeeeeeeeeeek. I've talked publicly loads of times, I've sung on a stage, but this is a whole new level of nervousness!

KSx

(I'll let you know how it goes).

~ Stephen Fry

WhyGenTom

Posted Tue Aug 26th, 2008 7:42pm Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!
Excellent news!!! Tomorrow I go on BBC radio to discuss my book and I seem to be very nervous....... eeeeeeeeeeeeeek. I've talked publicly loads of times, I've sung on a stage, but this is a whole new level of nervousness!

KSx

(I'll let you know how it goes).

Best of luck

- Tom

wildfire

Posted Wed Aug 27th, 2008 12:49am Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!
hope it went well - when will it be broadcast?

Soupy Twist

Posted Wed Aug 27th, 2008 7:09am Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!
fingers crossed, katysara!

panda

Posted Wed Aug 27th, 2008 12:28pm Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations Katy Sara!!!
I am going to ask my local library to buy this in...
Hope the publicity is going well
Panda xx

katysara

Posted Wed Aug 27th, 2008 8:22pm Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!
The interview was live, and I had no idea what the questions were going to be, or I'd have given better answers!! I was nervous.

You can here it here (but prob not for longer than today). http://www.bbc.co.uk/derby/local_radio/click_of_the_day_feature.shtml

Then click on "listen again" then click on "Aleena Naylor" and fast forward to 1hr 30 mins and you will hear my interview.

Eeeeeeeeeek

KSx

~ Stephen Fry

katysara

Posted Fri Aug 29th, 2008 8:11pm Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just found out the book is available from WHS online (and is faster, and cheaper as there is no postage to pay - at least, not in Ireland).

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/ProductD.....77316.html

KSx

~ Stephen Fry

wildfire

Posted Fri Aug 29th, 2008 8:15pm Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got the "dispatched" email from Amazon yesterday so will prob. get this over the weekend.