Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

katysara

Posted Thu Oct 22nd, 2009 11:27pm Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!

lots of people pick their feet, my mum does

I am an administrator on this site.

"Having a great intellect is no path to being happy."
~ Stephen Fry

See my website: www.katysaraculling.com

marzgirl

Posted Fri Oct 23rd, 2009 1:06am Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not a feet person. Yuk! Or face. I don't like my feet or any part of my face messed with. Sends me to crazy town! I guess that is why I might have read more into it than someone else might.

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
~Martin Luther King Jr.~

marzgirl

Posted Tue Dec 8th, 2009 8:28pm Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to announce that I have finished reading KS's book Dark Clouds Gather.

What a fabulous read! I am not bipolar but my son is and this book has given me an inside look into some of the thought processes and warning signs to watch out for.

KS's book is a no nonsense, in your face description of the very, very lows (depths of hell really). This book is not all gloom and doom however. There are triumphs to be had, happiness to be regained and goals once thought impossible can be achieved!!!

Katy Sara makes some very important points very clear to either the person with bipolar of the carer. While finding the right medications for you are crucial and having a good mental health team to back you up, this does not mean you are "cured" and will never again have to deal with certain torments at times. Katy Sara does not give anyone illusions of grandeur that meds and therapy will send you skipping through beautiful meadows and sunshine for the rest of your life. No rose colored glasses here.

Katy Sara cautions that "Dark Clouds Gather" from time to time. This book helps a person to know their triggers and to be self aware of early warning signs. Katy Sara encourages all that when the darkness rears it's ugly head again and harmful, negative thoughts return to not give in! Do not be ashamed! Do not feel like all has failed! These moments will pass and the sun will shine through yet again.

There are accounts in this book that are hard to read because Katy Sara takes you to her darkest places. She takes you to her deepest hurts. In the end however, there is hope. No one is alone. No one has to try to manage by themselves.

I have expressed my appreciation to Katy Sara and I also wanted to express my gratitude here in case anyone here has been pondering reading this book.

This is just a bit of my sharing about what Katy Sara's book has ment to me and the insights gained that will hopefully enable me to be more supportive and informed in order to help my son. I am also examining myself more closely. Very uncomfortable thing to do, but I have needed to for a long time anyway.

Well, thank you for taking the time to read my post. Anyone that has chatted with me before knows I tend to me long winded, so I apologize if I rambled.

Marz XXXXX

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
~Martin Luther King Jr.~

fryfan20

Posted Tue Feb 16th, 2010 10:32pm Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!

just read your new book TOO GOOD FOR THIS WORLD - TRUE STORIES FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE MOOD DISORDERS is out and just wanted to congratulate you

hope your well katy

I am what I am

katysara

Posted Wed Feb 17th, 2010 5:22pm Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Fryfan, When Stephen is back on twitter he is gonna tweet about it for me!!!!

KSx

~ Stephen Fry

TobiasMonk

Posted Sat Apr 24th, 2010 8:26pm Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

UnsettlingLife

Posted Tue Apr 27th, 2010 10:06am Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello again Katy Sara Culling

I have just finished reading Dark Clouds Gather and have had my eyes widened by the experience. It is an articulate, no-nonsense approach to a subject many others would find impossible to record with any degree of meaning, let alone in this detail. It is a book I recommend to any person that has a similar illness, or knows someone that does. In fact even if you have no illness and don’t know anyone ill, you will find it to be an education.

The subject matter of mental illness takes many forms in the book; eating disorders, self-harm, manic depression and much more. I can personally only relate directly to one of them and I find that difficult enough to cope with and write about. But Dark Clouds Gather manages to cover all of them in startling depth.

With all that was going on in your life, how you coped with the day to day stuff generally and the demands of academia, is in itself worth an award. The extraordinary thing about it all is that you came out the other side and you’re still kicking. Hats off! Good luck with the other works.

Regards
David Thomas (BayTheMoon)

katysara

Posted Tue Apr 27th, 2010 3:34pm Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why thank you for such a glowing report, I am honoured, especially from another writer. Thank you.

KSx

~ Stephen Fry

katysara

Posted Sun Aug 8th, 2010 12:52pm Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOOK 3 IS OUT! It is called

REFLECTIVE REFLECTIONS: THE NEW COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON EATING DISORDERS.

BY KATY SARA CULLING.

It does exactly what it says on the tin. In a no nonsense, no waffle way, through personal experience and extensive research delves into the world of all eating disorders and spits out the truth. It's only a tenner plus P&P. If you want more info see my web page: http://www.katysaraculling.com/reflectivereflections.htm

Here is a quote from the start of the book:

In our Western world of plenty, the constraining, tangible corsets of days-gone-by have been replaced by a new, metaphorical corset of the mind. Men and women, all of whom suffer from extreme low self-esteem and lack of validation, find themselves living out each day of their life, overwhelmed with issues of food, weight, size, self-hatred, illness, anxiety, anger, guilt, control and fear. Eating disorders are a symptom of deep emotional distress, which entrap sufferers and create new problems of their own. Societally, dieting is rife. Value judgements based on a person’s size are copious, and seemingly up for discussion without any understanding of any possible underlying issues. Few illnesses inspire such misunderstanding, despair and frustration, (for all involved), as do eating disorders. Few illnesses are awarded such warped attention in the media; or are claimed to be “lifestyle choices” by some of those afflicted.

Here am I all proud holding my 3 books:

KSx

~ Stephen Fry

Vampyros

Posted Tue Aug 17th, 2010 1:30am Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats.
Finished both Dark Clouds and too good for this world a while ago loved them both. Very thankful for both and for KS herself.

Still have too many dark episodes, so need all the help I can get.

Bought my dad and my neighbour a copy of too good for this world not sure Dad really understood but at least he said it was a good book and could see it was not just me.

My neighbour is Bipolar and has hidden it for a long time and she really appreciated her copy-I think she is currently reading it for the third time.

The Katy Sara Culling Tribute is ready in e-Book form http://chipmunkapublishing.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2326 Charity/Bipolar

katysara

Posted Thu Dec 16th, 2010 6:07pm Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!

my latest book THE 'GENTLE' MURDERS?

Dr. Rachael Chenoweth is a young, brilliant doctor who also happens to be a murderer. In her childhood she was brutally sexually abused by her father and uncles, and when at the age of 27 she decides she wants to go to the police she finds nothing but enemies at every turn within her household, based in a large old house known as Chenoweth Mansion, nobody wanting to rock the boat or put their inheritance at risk. So, Rachael reluctantly takes matters into her own chilling hands. The result is a macabre series of odd deaths gradually bumping off family members in ways that don’t appear to be murders, but will Rachael kill all twelve people she holds responsible? Are they all responsible? Will she get away with murder 12 times? Do you think she deserves to? She has a damn good motive. The only way to find out is to read this book.

Go to my website http://www.katysaraculling.com/thegentlemurders.htm to see buying options. Note I will happily send you a signed copy for no extra cost just PM or email me k.sara.culling@linacre.oxon.org

KSx

~ Stephen Fry

katysara

Posted Wed Jan 12th, 2011 12:45am Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRINGING YOU UP TO DATE ON BOOKS SO FAR BY THE START OF 2011!

KSx

~ Stephen Fry

Vampyros

Posted Sun Feb 6th, 2011 10:25am Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done KS

Really proud of you.

Vx

The Katy Sara Culling Tribute is ready in e-Book form http://chipmunkapublishing.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2326 Charity/Bipolar

MrCartoonguy

Posted Thu Feb 10th, 2011 11:20pm Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katy, your great

Reality is contigent; the only permanent concept in the multiverse is change - death. We are born into it and it follows us.

Vampyros

Posted Tue Mar 1st, 2011 2:12am Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!

You truly deserve all the great things this amazing (yet sometimes cruel) world has to offer.

Should be able to buy the books I am missing next month.

All my Love, I am proud to call you friend and editor
Vx