Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

katysara

Posted Tue Mar 1st, 2011 10:13pm Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you both

xx

I am an administrator on this site.

"Having a great intellect is no path to being happy."
~ Stephen Fry

See my website: www.katysaraculling.com

MrCartoonguy

Posted Wed Mar 2nd, 2011 8:39am Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Credit where it is due. Saying it how it is. Not a compliment but a field note. You got the stuff. Let me have a bit.

You have true grit and ability.
Keep rolling.

Reality is contigent; the only permanent concept in the multiverse is change - death. We are born into it and it follows us.

Vampyros

Posted Thu Mar 3rd, 2011 2:12pm Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys

Well done again KS,

Good news from me too, I am writing again (Yes KS my book nothing new focusing on that this year till its published).

Amazon have been in touch with me - seen my work online and they are interested in publishing - phoning me later today so I will keep you posted.

Vx

The Katy Sara Culling Tribute is ready in e-Book form http://chipmunkapublishing.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2326 Charity/Bipolar

MrCartoonguy

Posted Thu Mar 3rd, 2011 3:56pm Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's it about?

Reality is contigent; the only permanent concept in the multiverse is change - death. We are born into it and it follows us.

NewForestCat

Posted Fri Mar 4th, 2011 3:03am Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject : VERY IMPORTANT SUBJECT "Places of Safety"

Monsieur Cat/LOUISE LEBLANC/NEWFORESTCAT

NewForestCat

Posted Fri Mar 4th, 2011 3:30am Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not sleep these days very well at all. There is a very DISTRESSING reason why. I was detained under the Mental Health Act, as a possible danger to myself. This was done by local police who came to my home after I had spoken to someone on phone. I am trying to leave out personal details hence dialogue. When I was taken to "Police Station' they were very aware that I had a Mental Health problem, I also told them I did not feel well, I have Crohn's disease and I have a stricture(i.e. narrowing of bowel) can be very painfull.
Despite this, I was told I would have to be Strip Searched! Baring in mind my physical condition never mind I was very depressed, and the strip search was a terrifying prospect, I pleaded many times for it not to go ahead, I was crying a great deal and was backed into the toilet cubicle with fear. I asked many times if I could make a phone call. I said I am entitled to one. I was then told 'this is not America" I was then told if I did not consent to strip search I would be forcibly stripped, handcuffs were then produced. I then complied as I had no other choice.

I cannot even begin to convey how distressing this was or how distressed I have been since. I fail to comprehend how in this day and age such practices are going on and as for a concrete cell being called a place of safety I can only state as barbaric.

Finally I must add I also banged my head as I was sitting down against the wall as I was so shakey! I did not notice until later that there was a problem until I had a great deal of pain. I had to attend A&E the next day.

I do not know how many people are experiencing this and how often, but I cannot imagine someone much younger than I or more fragile coping with this. I think Hospital's have to be the designated "Places of Safety" and it's high time this was put into practice!

I very thankful for the chance to air this view.

Thankyou StephenFry!

Vampyros

Posted Sat Mar 5th, 2011 5:05am Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!

My book is called - Lithium Fry - A Superhero for the future. Its about my life from 18 onwards. Life before that is still too painful for me and others. It focus' mainly on my fight against Depression/Bipolar and Cancer (Started with Cervical 2008 then spread to stomach 2009/2010) just found out today it may be back spent afternoon and evening on ward at hospital. Need more tests and a scan to confirm.

I am winning my battle with Bipolar now that I am on the right dose (i think) of Lithium and Trazadone but cancer seems to winning at the moment.

I have a lot of hints and tips in the book that worked for me.

Hopefully I can help people get the right help sooner than I did (at 40).

Vx

The Katy Sara Culling Tribute is ready in e-Book form http://chipmunkapublishing.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2326 Charity/Bipolar

MrCartoonguy

Posted Sat Mar 5th, 2011 9:37am Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow....

NewForestCat

Posted Sun Mar 6th, 2011 3:23am Post subject: My book is out - sometimes good things happen...!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry I'm such a fool, I've just made sense of Forum and have realised I have completely blogged in wrong place above.