Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Mushroomoid Miss

Posted Tue Dec 2nd, 2008 9:58pm Post subject: My cold bedroom
My bedroom is so bloody cold! I'm freezing in here! Why is it that it is always so cold in here in the winter but really hot during the summer. The rest of the house is always a very pleasant temperature!

I've rather misunderstood Burt and his bat sperm.

Nitro

Posted Wed Dec 3rd, 2008 12:32am Post subject: My cold bedroom
My bedroom is so bloody cold! I'm freezing in here! Why is it that it is always so cold in here in the winter but really hot during the summer. The rest of the house is always a very pleasant temperature!

Do you have a space heater you can use?

Being shiveringly cold sucketh mightily.

Really? Wow.

IdeaCollector

Posted Wed Dec 3rd, 2008 3:22am Post subject: My cold bedroom
I feel for you for the few weeks in my apartment (just before I moved) where I had no heat and it was 40F outside. Brrr.

Stack the blankets and do not under any circumstances dry off after your bath/shower in there.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Wed Dec 3rd, 2008 4:06am Post subject: My cold bedroom
Just pull Stephen over you.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

joan

Posted Wed Dec 3rd, 2008 5:51am Post subject: My cold bedroom
Oh dear - memories of a frozen childhood. My parents couldn't afford to heat our Yorkshire bedrooms, so they told us a heated bedroom was 'unhealthy'. I remember 6 blankets, ice cold lino floors, and frost patterns on the window.

I would pull on my slippers and dressing gown while still under the covers, then dash downstairs into the warm, on a morning. No wonder I now live in the sub-tropics.

Tips to be warm in an unheated room: lots of bedclothes, at least two hot water bottles, and a pet cat to sleep on your feet. Wear warm jammies, bed socks and a beanie, as cold head and feet are the worst. Under no circumstances worry about what you look like.

Oh, a hot boyfriend is of course the best option, in which case forget the beanie.....

Katrina

Posted Wed Dec 3rd, 2008 7:50am Post subject: My cold bedroom

Sounds like the best solution to me!

I definitely understand your cold room issue. My dad thinks it's amusing to see how long we can go without heat in the winter and AC in the summer. Indiana does not have the most temperate climate, so it gets a little extreme sometimes. Usually, we are allowed the privilege of heat when there's snow on the ground, so I can count on not having blue feet next time I'm home!

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

Mushroomoid Miss

Posted Wed Dec 3rd, 2008 8:57pm Post subject: My cold bedroom

Oh if only I could...........*goesoffdaydreaming*

acidcat

Posted Wed Dec 3rd, 2008 9:00pm Post subject: My cold bedroom

Wouldn't that make a terrible mess, requiring several sheets of Kleenex?

Mushroomoid Miss

Posted Wed Dec 3rd, 2008 9:46pm Post subject: My cold bedroom

Oh good god! I hope you don't mean what I think you mean. But if you do, that's extremely funny!!! X-D X-D X-D

sniffles

Posted Wed Dec 3rd, 2008 10:46pm Post subject: My cold bedroom
*lol* What a great idea. Suddenly my toothach has gone. X-D

Soph

Posted Wed Dec 3rd, 2008 10:50pm Post subject: My cold bedroom
Can we all share a bit of Stephen ?

The worst is when you wake up and it's absolutely freezing. And you're all wrapped up warm in a duvet, looking like a caterpillar. Never ever want to get out of bed.

Photobucket

Katrina

Posted Thu Dec 4th, 2008 6:48am Post subject: My cold bedroom

Wait a second ... oh, I get it!

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Dec 4th, 2008 9:26am Post subject: My cold bedroom

Oh if only I could...........*goesoffdaydreaming*

^_^ Sounds perfect. I never want to get out of bed on a cold morning. I just want to stay and snuggle under the covers. Having Puppybear to snuggle with would be even better. I'd never want to leave my bed. *driftsintodaydreamland*

Assuming direct control...

Maxx England

Posted Thu Dec 4th, 2008 1:52pm Post subject: My cold bedroom
I have worn a ski suit inside a sleeping bag when forced by circumstances to spent time in a cold tent. Just think of it as de luxe superwarm jimjams.

On a more constructive note: go to a wallpaper shop, see if they've got any of that expanded polystyrene wall liner you can paper over. It does work, we use it. Beats lying there dithering.

But carry on dreaming about pulling Stephen all over yourself if it floats your boat. Oooo dear..... just imagine floating a boat..... no, better not

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?