Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

binooby

Posted Sat May 17th, 2008 12:34pm Post subject: MY FIRST LETTER ... in Mr Fry's General Direction ...
I guess this is what comes of attempting to avoid tasks of domesticity ... heaven only knows if he will ever come to read this blithering pile of tosh!?!?!?!

Dear Mr Fry

Well, as I sit here at my computer on this wet and grey Friday afternoon at approximately 4.03 p.m. you might well wonder what could possibly have elicited and prompted such a persiflagic diatribe to be flung in your general direction.

And so … as I’m now sitting comfortably (and I do indeed trust and hope that you are doing the same, perhaps with a nice cup of tea and a bun) I shall endeavour to do my best to enlighten you (and possibly also myself at the same time, which would be most excellent!)

I have come to the conclusion, you see, that one should seize the moment - Carpe Diem as those wonderful Latin chaps are wont to put it.

However, I do feel it only fair at this juncture to point out that the author of this little missive is only in possession of one marble in her cranium and, therefore, whatever loquacity is forthcoming is purely dependent upon its mobility. Today feels like a day where it is gently rocking back and forth with the occasional energetic figure of eight – this would equate to me mostly producing a pile of piffle but with occasional glimpses of inane ingenuity!

First forays into someone’s mailbox are always so fraught with wonderings about etiquette and doing the done thing. Should the approach be concerning something of no consequence at all … or perhaps just something of mild and small consequence … or indeed something of eloquent consequence … *shakes head* … but I digress.

Indeed as I sit here and let my digits tippetty tap across the keyboard, occasionally ceasing in order to sup at the beverage, which is positioned to the left of me and balanced precariously upon a rather worn looking copy of a 1998 Road Atlas, I do feel a pressing need to get right to the crux of the matter in order to avoid any further fortuitous flannelling.

So … without further ado … I shall now come to the point of this particular piece of procrastinating and prolific poppycock … or at least, I would, however, out of the corner of my eye I have just noticed that its now 4.14 p.m. and my thoughts are unfortunately required elsewhere and so I am sadly forced to abandon this somewhat meandering missive in order that I might concentrate on my after dinner speech for The Society for the Support of the Sporadically Somnolent. However, please be assured that the next free moment I have will be invested in writing to your good self in order that we might actually get to the point of the matter.

So, until the next time, I shall remain sincerely your slightly inept and mildly beleaguered new acquaintance …

ysabella

Posted Sun May 18th, 2008 5:51am Post subject: MY FIRST LETTER ... in Mr Fry's General Direction ...
If I ever write the man, I think I'll try to stick to one- and two-syllable words.

ysabella

Posted Sun May 18th, 2008 6:02am Post subject: MY FIRST LETTER ... in Mr Fry's General Direction ...
Just for fun, I ran the letter through an online "multibabel" tool, which translates it back and forth between five languages (English original -> French -> English -> German -> English -> Italian -> English -> Portuguese -> English -> Spanish -> English).

The final result (please excuse the poor formatting):

Mr. dear Fritar Good, because I they have seated it today with the my
late and ash that calculating báñela to him approximately of Friday
with 4,03 ENTRANCES OF INFORMATION of the BANKNOTE, could aerosol of
the miracle here, in a position to keep and lives to have presumption
of the invective, if he is persiflagic, in his main directorate of the
game. And therefore _ the tests takes I_m, of that the hour where he
is comfortable firm I (and efficiently secret I and the hope with you
the same thing, an interesting cup of dte and a milk bun in the form
of the left possibly), the abstracts the thing the more better
possible end to give the form, (and levels to her the end if to
probably illuminate ingualmente inside ignited in the same time, this
one! the escap-dissip-test would be) I wine to the summary, considers
the fact to them that one has that grippare the moment - carpus of
Diem, when he is this one for astonishes to Latin of gerçures, he does
not regulate. Despite odore hardly of him in the present circumstances
to specify only to this the author of this small writing of the
transmissora it is only in the possession of a marble in the relative
track and therefore in all loquacity, it depends only received on
relative mobility. Odore today is taste, if easy oscillation in both _
felt with the figure of eight the 0ccasional energy of these this,
with me the part described greatest to the time producing with
nevertheless the 0ccasional group ingeniousness of those balivernes he
imbalance the end to register! The first events in the drawer send
them of someone_s are always loaded, therefore with wonderings in the
title and to the given thing it forms the form. If the approach in
something is without the consequence of the supply _ in the connection
or, it possibly makes level something efficiently gives return with
the smooth anomaly of and the small consequence _ or of the
consequence nevertheless gives to return something comunic-him _ *
title they clear them * _ of me. Efficiently, when they base and the
paginations here to me my figures tippetty of the keyboard, sup
0ccasionally of the switch of the emergency with the drink, which use
in the balanced left becomes of dangerous me and the apprehension in a
copy that it observes, that is more taken to of atlases 1998 of the
way, creates an urgent necessity to get to be very exact the surface
under more possible of the problem around another this flannelling the
end to come up for the coincidence. Therefore _ without more hour of
the movement _ I come in the end of this definitive time of the part
of the marcatura and of sufficient poppycock _ or, despite of the
angle of my eye for 4,14 the external part he considered only one who
relati you take through her the P.M. unhappyly and my thoughts another
one where sadly it is necessary and therefore forces this writing that
it transmits until a certain end in the elasticity to the restoration
nonupdated, of the way this in mines that the speech stops of the
company for the sustenation in the Sleepy esporàdica of the feedings
the attempt has been small able later that. Despite it requests is I
assures that the free moment, never after if I have, during the
writing with his good art of the invested Selbstportraits, in the way
that we could really take to traverse to the material of the end.
Therefore the time, to again follow of herzlichst the relative one of
the rest to the moderate knowledge and to moved something of the
periphery of that the width of the units _

binooby

Posted Sun May 18th, 2008 12:43pm Post subject: MY FIRST LETTER ... in Mr Fry's General Direction ...
... was positively overwhelming ... in fact, after the third reading of it in order to fully appreciate the beauty of so many translations I was forced to lie down on the floor and keep encouraging the dog to wag its tail so that I might be fanned back into an alert and upright state! X-D

Excellent work Ysabella ... in fact, perhaps I would have been as well to have sent Mr Fry something more along those lines. I thank you most kindly (and with virtual chocolate chip cookies) for your efforts ... which certainly caused the corners of my mouth to turn upwards as I read and re-read what my script had turned into.

*sigh*

Still, I doubt he'll even see my witterings ... and that's probably just aswell ... however, just for my own amusement (and yes, I'm sad like that!?!) and maybe even for the amusement of others (who knows, the stuff may just tickle someone's laughter buds) I shall continue unabated and unabashed and with verbal abundance in Mr Fry's general direction ... it will most assuredly help with the avoidance of domestic tasks if nothing else!!!

So ... I'll see you for the next round in due course ... and now I must head to the kitchen and the coffee machine as I feel the need for a caffeine kick ... TALLY HO!!!

ladyfromhamburg

Posted Sun May 18th, 2008 3:11pm Post subject: MY FIRST LETTER ... in Mr Fry's General Direction ...
Remarkable! So please be assured it was an enormous pleasure to read your
well thought out formulation and phraseologie. But now I'm a little bit exhausted (from grinning like a Chesire cat). Nevertheless a continuation would be highly
appreciated.

binooby

Posted Tue May 20th, 2008 10:42am Post subject: MY FIRST LETTER ... in Mr Fry's General Direction ...
... LadyfromHamburg ... I'm glad you enjoyed my wifflings ... and my one and only marble is busy working on the next pile of piffle during bouts of unavoidable domestic doings ... *sigh* ... where's bloomin Mary Poppins when you need her!?! X-D

ladyfromhamburg

Posted Wed May 21st, 2008 3:28pm Post subject: MY FIRST LETTER ... in Mr Fry's General Direction ...
...binooby... Oh, what a tragedy! Such a creativity, so many ideas, so eloquent and how intellectually stimulating (some people might think it's a lot of palaver ) but what is our first priority: domestic doings.
So I sincerely hope your esteemed ability to formulate with such an enjoyable exuberance will have a chance to survive between ironing and washing the dishes. There still must be time for a triumph of mind over matter!

PS: Sorry, I presume my choice of words sometimes may appear in a certain (strange) manner, but I hope it's a least understandable. My own language German (French) is definitely more familiar to me.