Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Mar 13th, 2008 10:15pm Post subject: my legislators hate me, subtitled: am i really a threat?
Well, at least folks are protesting the words of OK rep Sally Kern (or is it Kerns?) She's not MY rep, actually. Though my senator has said similar things.

??? I'm a threat to the nation? Wow, thanks, i guess. I thought it would be hard for ME to have much effect in this country, but i guess me, little ole unemployed-banjo-pickin'-art-makin'-scrabble-playin' me, drove fear into the hearts of the government. Huh. That's wierd, i just went to the local diner yesterday with my grandma and no one yelled "duck and cover! it's a queer!" No, they know better than to hate on me.

Red Raven

Posted Thu Mar 13th, 2008 10:47pm Post subject: my legislators hate me, subtitled: am i really a threat?
Wow...that's so fucked up! Where's the threat? Gay people are normal people! I don't have a single gay friend that has a power mongering agenda to take over the world. Shit, they leave that sort of crap to Bush and his chronies. That has to be one of the most insulting things I've read in a while. And yes, it's insulting to ME a heterosexual because I see us ALL as people and I take that as an insult to us people. Bastards. Now I'm pissed.

WhyGenTom

Posted Thu Mar 13th, 2008 11:05pm Post subject: my legislators hate me, subtitled: am i really a threat?
As a Brit we tend to find any yank a 'threat'... whether they be gay, straight, black, white, a hick, inbred, gun-nut, retarded or borderline psychotic... I consider your President to be 6 of those I mentioned - try to guess which!!

Seriously though, the people who hold these medievil beliefs are utter wankers and are the kind of people who consider possession of oil to be a valid reason to sacrifice thousands of lives, and the future security of the world.

It is insulting to the human race to think we share the similarities with these people, if only physical... the animals, birds and sea creatures are laughing at us all for being so lame and devolved (wrong word but couldn't think of a better one)

Britannicus

Posted Thu Mar 13th, 2008 11:11pm Post subject: my legislators hate me, subtitled: am i really a threat?

Politicians really need to take aptitude tests before they're allowed into high positions. 'Cause really...

Question #54: What is a bigger threat to our national security?
a. Homosexuals
b. Terrorists/psychos/murders/Bush/what have you

On one side you've got gay people. OH MY FUCKING STARS OH NO TWO GUYS/CHICKS KISSING OH MY EYES.

And on the other hand you have bomb-wielding, plane-crashing radical lunatics that blow up things and kill people and other unimportant stuff like that.

Hmm.

HMMMMMMmmm....

Let's think real hard on this one, come on now, you can do it!

...I think it's safe to say that eeny-meeny-miney-moe TOTALLY SAVED THIS GUY'S REAR during his medical school exams.

"Your room...it's CLEAN!!!"
"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

Red Raven

Posted Thu Mar 13th, 2008 11:15pm Post subject: my legislators hate me, subtitled: am i really a threat?
As a Brit we tend to find any yank a 'threat'... whether they be gay, straight, black, white, a hick, inbred, gun-nut, retarded or borderline psychotic... I consider your President to be 6 of those I mentioned - try to guess which!!

Seriously though, the people who hold these medievil beliefs are utter wankers and are the kind of people who consider possession of oil to be a valid reason to sacrifice thousands of lives, and the future security of the world.

It is insulting to the human race to think we share the similarities with these people, if only physical... the animals, birds and sea creatures are laughing at us all for being so lame and devolved (wrong word but couldn't think of a better one)

hmm....We're going to have to do something about your prejudices to americans. I understand the hate for bush, I share it but...you need a lesson in the school of Steph.

Britannicus, I love your posts. You always make me laugh!

LilyG

Posted Thu Mar 13th, 2008 11:18pm Post subject: my legislators hate me, subtitled: am i really a threat?

Politicians really need to take aptitude tests before they're allowed into high positions. 'Cause really...

Question #54: What is a bigger threat to our national security?
a. Homosexuals
b. Terrorists/psychos/murders/Bush/what have you

On one side you've got gay people. OH MY FUCKING STARS OH NO TWO GUYS/CHICKS KISSING OH MY EYES.

And on the other hand you have bomb-wielding, plane-crashing radical lunatics that blow up things and kill people and other unimportant stuff like that.

Hmm.

HMMMMMMmmm....

Let's think real hard on this one, come on now, you can do it!

...I think it's safe to say that eeny-meeny-miney-moe TOTALLY SAVED THIS GUY'S REAR during his medical school exams.

oh brit, you make me laff.

how i loled!

thankyou for ypur wit and humour xx

WhyGenTom

Posted Thu Mar 13th, 2008 11:28pm Post subject: my legislators hate me, subtitled: am i really a threat?

hmm....We're going to have to do something about your prejudices to americans. I understand the hate for bush, I share it but...you need a lesson in the school of Steph.

Your country's renown for being the religious type I believe? Therefore you should understand God made us an isolated island noone really likes for a reason...

By the way.. we invented sarcasm.. that's worth remembering during the majority of my posts lol. and if you could enlighten me with someone lovely facts about your spiffing country that would be ace.. so long as you don't try and pass off Arizona or Canada as real America :D.

Also can someone tell me what a senator is? lol.

Britannicus

Posted Thu Mar 13th, 2008 11:39pm Post subject: my legislators hate me, subtitled: am i really a threat?
Senators form half of the Congress. There are two for each state. The other half of Congress is the House of Representatives, the number depending on how high the population in a given state is. Senate = state representation, the House of Representatives = representation of the will of the people. Or something like that.

And the USA is not renowned for its religion. Where on earth did you hear that? (Utah is a freak of nature.)

"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

Red Raven

Posted Thu Mar 13th, 2008 11:50pm Post subject: my legislators hate me, subtitled: am i really a threat?

Your country's renown for being the religious type I believe? Therefore you should understand God made us an isolated island noone really likes for a reason...

By the way.. we invented sarcasm.. that's worth remembering during the majority of my posts lol. and if you could enlighten me with someone lovely facts about your spiffing country that would be ace.. so long as you don't try and pass off Arizona or Canada as real America :D.

Also can someone tell me what a senator is? lol.

blah blah blah *cute accent* blah blah blah *fart*

WhyGenTom

Posted Thu Mar 13th, 2008 11:53pm Post subject: my legislators hate me, subtitled: am i really a threat?
Senators form half of the Congress. There are two for each state. The other half of Congres is the House of Representatives, the number depending on how high the population in a given state is. Senate = state representation, the House of Representatives = representation of the will of the people. Or something like that.

And the USA is not renowned for its religion. Where on earth did you hear that? (Utah is a freak of nature.)

Is money not a religion? lol. I thought a lot of your nation went to church and that kinda stuff?

Perhaps you can answer a few more questions... 1) What's Seattle like? 2) What's the difference between a state and a province?

I feel like I'm really learning stuff here lol.

Britannicus

Posted Fri Mar 14th, 2008 12:03am Post subject: my legislators hate me, subtitled: am i really a threat?

Is money not a religion? lol. I thought a lot of your nation went to church and that kinda stuff?

Depends on where you are.

Perhaps you can answer a few more questions...

Okay. I have no brains though...

1) What's Seattle like?

I have no idea, it's a considerable distance away and I've never been. Probably crowded and...er...rainy.

2) What's the difference between a state and a province?

Uh...Canada has provinces...and we have states.

Are you loads more enlightened now? You should be.

Red Raven

Posted Fri Mar 14th, 2008 12:39am Post subject: my legislators hate me, subtitled: am i really a threat?
There are areas that are more religious than others but really the zealots make a lot of noise and the rest of us wish they would shut the fuck up already. I think that kinda might have to do with the freedom of religion coupled with the fact that America is made up of people from all over the world with so many different religions. Plus, there's the whole media thing.

Money is only a religion to the people that have a lot of it. The rest of us see it as a burden more than anything. or at least I do.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Mar 14th, 2008 2:52am Post subject: my legislators hate me, subtitled: am i really a threat?
Generally speaking a province often has more autonomy from the central government than a state does, although various models differ in practise. In the case of Canada vs. the US, Canada's provinces have more authority of governance over their people than do the US states. It's important to note that while Canada "has provinces" they/we also have "territories" which have considerably less autonomy.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Mar 14th, 2008 2:55am Post subject: my legislators hate me, subtitled: am i really a threat?
P.S. Have you ever seen Lewis Black's bit on the 'danger' of gays to the American family? Hee, if not you should look for it Banjo. XP

TobiasMonk

Posted Fri Mar 14th, 2008 3:37am Post subject: my legislators hate me, subtitled: am i really a threat?
medievil

MEDIEVAL

If english is your mother tongue why do you spell as though you were adopted? By the way, that's me being sarcastic.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman