Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

massarenti

Posted Thu Jan 3rd, 2008 9:38am Post subject: My Wedding (12 Jan 2008)
Dear Mr Fry,

Thanks a lot to let me in!

I've got a very strange request, since I'm getting married the 12th of Jan 2008.

I'd like to read to my bride the sonnet 18 by Shakespeare but of course since I'm italian, my english is consequently not perfect!!! So I've looked for a reader in internet but of course no one is comparable to Stephen Fry! So I wondered if you have just read it or/and if he could send me a mp3 of that particular sonnet. I'm also aware that I'm asking a very strange and difficult thing for a man so like you; but anyway since I'm a great fan of you (I've just listened to all the Harry Potter audiocds three times! and I've just bought "the ode less travelled" in amazon) I've tried.

Thanks

Yours sincerely,

Luca Massarenti

MinervaMoon

Posted Sun Jan 6th, 2008 5:01am Post subject: My Wedding (12 Jan 2008)
Hello Luca,

I'm afraid there's no evidence that Stephen himself visits these forums, but if you want an mp3 of Sonnet 18, I have Bryan Ferry singing it from the CD "When Love Speaks" (which you can buy on Amazon and good retailers everywhere). It's put to music, so I'm sorry if that makes it difficult to understand anyway, but maybe it'll help you out.

Download it here. And congratulations on your wedding!

massarenti

Posted Sun Jan 6th, 2008 12:29pm Post subject: My Wedding (12 Jan 2008)
Hello Luca,

I'm afraid there's no evidence that Stephen himself visits these forums, but if you want an mp3 of Sonnet 18, I have Bryan Ferry singing it from the CD "When Love Speaks" (which you can buy on Amazon and good retailers everywhere). It's put to music, so I'm sorry if that makes it difficult to understand anyway, but maybe it'll help you out.

Download it here. And congratulations on your wedding!

Thanks a lot, it isn't difficult at all, on the contrary it is extremely clear!

Bye