Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Shyamz

Posted Mon Jul 7th, 2008 7:40pm Post subject: NASA Moon Survival Game.
A list of things NASA find essential-or not-on trips to the moon.
Put them in order of necessity, then see how your answers compare to NASA's.

http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/moon

TobiasMonk

Posted Sat Jul 26th, 2008 9:58pm Post subject: NASA Moon Survival Game.
80%

Houston, we have a problem, 20% of my answers were wrong.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Red Raven

Posted Sun Jul 27th, 2008 1:40am Post subject: NASA Moon Survival Game.
4%

Hey it's not my fault that the 45 cal. pistols were a higher priority than a star chart. I didn't want to go up to the damn moon in the first place!

:p really I just have no idea what's important. But I did get the oxygen and water right at least.

ladyfromhamburg

Posted Sun Jul 27th, 2008 4:04pm Post subject: NASA Moon Survival Game.
Hopeless - I would never reach my base. Only 36 %.

TobiasMonk

Posted Sun Jul 27th, 2008 4:04pm Post subject: NASA Moon Survival Game.
4%

Hey it's not my fault that the 45 cal. pistols were a higher priority than a star chart. I didn't want to go up to the damn moon in the first place!

:p really I just have no idea what's important. But I did get the oxygen and water right at least.

I had the pistols right, but not for the reason they wanted, I just figured blowing my head off would be preferable to suffocating.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Maren

Posted Wed Jul 30th, 2008 1:28pm Post subject: NASA Moon Survival Game.
au weia, no chance with 32% - with oxygen, water and the box of matches I was right, but with the rest ... :
It seems that I know nothing about the moon... :-//

Red Raven

Posted Wed Jul 30th, 2008 3:01pm Post subject: NASA Moon Survival Game.
4%

I had the pistols right, but not for the reason they wanted, I just figured blowing my head off would be preferable to suffocating.

To me it would be preferable than being isolated in space with only a tin box and a few feet of rope to keep me alive.

Shyamz

Posted Fri Aug 1st, 2008 4:15pm Post subject: NASA Moon Survival Game.
Can you BELIEVE I got the matches wrong?!

And science was one of the few subjects I was any good at in school!

ladyfromhamburg

Posted Fri Aug 1st, 2008 5:57pm Post subject: NASA Moon Survival Game.

Yes, I can believe - me too (and not only the matches! ). But I don't know - in some cases I definitely would like to start a discussion with the Nasa or would like to get more information because I am a little bit surprised about the order of the items mentioned, even if they explain their purpose.

Shyamz

Posted Wed Sep 10th, 2008 8:26pm Post subject: NASA Moon Survival Game.

Yes, I can believe - me too (and not only the matches! ). But I don't know - in some cases I definitely would like to start a discussion with the Nasa or would like to get more information because I am a little bit surprised about the order of the items mentioned, even if they explain their purpose.

Contact NASA

Ask NASA

Public Communications Office
NASA Headquarters
Suite 5K39
Washington, DC 20546-0001
(202) 358-0001 (Office)
(202) 358-3469 (Fax)

+ Ask NASA
Please allow 10-15 business days for processing. For email inquiries, be sure to include a subject and do not include any attachments.

Copy/pasted from their website. Hope they get back to you.

ladyfromhamburg

Posted Thu Sep 11th, 2008 1:32pm Post subject: NASA Moon Survival Game.
Thanks a lot for these details . We will see ....

TheTruth

Posted Thu Sep 11th, 2008 7:43pm Post subject: NASA Moon Survival Game.
94%

Though saying that I didn't move the order they were already in

acidcat

Posted Tue Sep 16th, 2008 12:09am Post subject: NASA Moon Survival Game.
Had a go (54%).

Disagreed with some of the answers:

Signal flares: Will these actually work without oxygen? I assume it's a burning/explosion effect... (ditto will the pistols fire? Gunpowder does have some oxygen present in the form of the potassium nitrate (saltpetre), but I think it still needs oxygen)

Flashlight is more useful: Can use to signal, and exploring the cliffs they seem to think you can scale with your 20 ft rope.

(and I don't fancy my chances of navigating by the star chart, my map-reading is suspect enough as it is...)

acidcat

Posted Tue Sep 16th, 2008 12:12am Post subject: NASA Moon Survival Game.
94%

Though saying that I didn't move the order they were already in

Ooh, just tried that, and you're right.

Another of my gripes with the quiz, if you leave it in the identical order and drag the oxygen to the top of the list (supposedly making it more similar), it drops down to a 30% score.

Not impressed by the designers of this quiz.