Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Nitro

Posted Sun Jun 14th, 2009 7:56pm Post subject: Nerw USA ambassador to England
Well, aren't you English folks just beside yourselves with delight that our prez has appointed a new ambassador to go to your country and live in a manner about half a step below the Queen? X-D ( And yes, my tongue is firmly in my cheek about that ).

Look here: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and.....376633.ece

He has zero political experience other than as a long time Democratic fundraiser. But hey, he got Obama half a mil', so...yeah...

Oh, and he was vice-chairman of one of our failed banks. I think they got 45 mill for messing up. I wish someone would give me that kind of money for being a knucklehead. But I guess no one has THAT much money.

OTOH, I guess an ambassador to another country ought to be a little slippery..erm, I mean 'polished'....so they ingratiate themselves properly at dinner parties X-D

If he happens to offend all of you, please remember that the citizens of our country don't appoint these people.

Really? Wow.

exoskeleton

Posted Sun Jun 14th, 2009 9:46pm Post subject: Nerw USA ambassador to England
ha, I like the first paragraph including "despite having campaigned to end a culture of cronyism" cuz of him being from Chicago and doing fundraising!

nice to learn though. I guess I am not particularly conscious of US diplomats unless they're getting attacked.

sockdolager.

PamJH

Posted Sun Jun 14th, 2009 9:59pm Post subject: Nerw USA ambassador to England
Maybe Obama figures a guy like this won't do too badly because he actually won't have to do much of anything. He should have asked a group of us from this forum to settle into those posh London digs. I would argue that at least we'd have an interest in not making the US look any more arsey than it does already.

Maxx England

Posted Sun Jun 14th, 2009 11:18pm Post subject: Nerw USA ambassador to England
Well I'd come and visit you. Even bring my own pyjamas.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

Nitro

Posted Mon Jun 15th, 2009 4:13am Post subject: Nerw USA ambassador to England
I would argue that at least we'd have an interest in not making the US look any more arsey than it does already.

ROFL!!

Maxx, your pyjamas wouldn't happen to also be your birthday suit, would they? X-D

Really? Wow.

PamJH

Posted Mon Jun 15th, 2009 5:32am Post subject: Nerw USA ambassador to England
Well I'd come and visit you. Even bring my own pyjamas.

Oh don't worry. I have some spares. They have little hearts all over them.