Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

jilks

Posted Fri Feb 15th, 2008 10:15am Post subject: New Book
Can anyone tell me if Mr. Fry is working on a new novel?

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Feb 15th, 2008 1:09pm Post subject: New Book
Nothing novely that I've heard of. He is going to write a travel book about touring America in his cab though. If you're desperate for Fry fiction, he did write on Richard Madeley's blog.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Ernest Worthing

Posted Fri Feb 15th, 2008 1:22pm Post subject: New Book
Didn't he mention something about possibly working on a new novel in a few years on one of those programmes celebrating his 50th birthday? Maybe I'm giving myself false hope.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Feb 15th, 2008 2:24pm Post subject: New Book
Didn't he mention something about possibly working on a new novel in a few years on one of those programmes celebrating his 50th birthday? Maybe I'm giving myself false hope.

Just checked and, yep, he did say that maybe in September of this year he will be able to work on a new one.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Fri Feb 15th, 2008 5:38pm Post subject: New Book
But is Stephen not going to direct a film about Händel??

That man makes is pretty clear to me that I must be suffering from "poor time management syndrome"

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Feb 15th, 2008 6:10pm Post subject: New Book

That man makes is pretty clear to me that I must be suffering from "poor time management syndrome"

I know what you mean. It makes me feel like I'm not using my time wisely enough. Not working hard enough!

Assuming direct control...

Maureen

Posted Fri Feb 15th, 2008 8:18pm Post subject: New Book

I know what you mean. It makes me feel like I'm not using my time wisely enough. Not working hard enough!

Know what you mean too - in management speak, we should perhaps not be working harder, but more smartly - which probably means I should be writing a novel or doing paperwork which sits beside me while instead I am reading and writing posts on here.....

MinervaMoon

Posted Sat Feb 16th, 2008 1:47am Post subject: New Book
Nothing novely that I've heard of. He is going to write a travel book about touring America in his cab though. If you're desperate for Fry fiction, he did write on Richard Madeley's blog.
Except we know that was fake, don't we . . . ?

TobiasMonk

Posted Sat Feb 16th, 2008 2:56am Post subject: New Book

That's what I thought too, maybe that's what he means by fiction

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Feb 16th, 2008 3:08am Post subject: New Book

It was 100% true. I was disguised as the reindeer Stephen tried to milk.

MinervaMoon

Posted Sat Feb 16th, 2008 3:49pm Post subject: New Book

That's what I thought too, maybe that's what he means by fiction

Well, more like Whoever-Writes-"Richard's"-Blog fiction. Someone on LJ was trying to pimp it as completely real, and I had to tell her, "Dearie . . . "

If Fryphile says he's the reindeer, though, I may have to rethink this.