Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Aileth

Posted Mon Jan 17th, 2011 3:14pm Post subject: New Fry reader here; need advice.

Hi everyone!

Like the title says, I'm new to Fry as an author so I'd really appreciate old readers' opinions and intakes on his works. I need them as I don't know where to start. I currently have 3 book (Moab, Hippopotamus, Liar) and I don't know which I should read first. Is any order better than another?

I wanted to get the Autobiography books but in my country choice is not an option. I'm lucky to have the ones I found. So if there's a better way to read them, I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my query.

ginj

Member *

Posted Tue Jan 18th, 2011 4:04pm Post subject: New Fry reader here; need advice.

Hi Aileth, welcome to the forum. Ah, what fun and wonders you have ahead of you. You mentioned you have Moab, which is actually the first part of Stephen's autobiography. You may want to start with that book, but I think, if I were you I would start with Liar first. Then go on to Moab, then Hippopotamus. Whatever order you decide to read them in, I hope you enjoy them. And do come back and let us know what you think.

mvet88

Posted Wed Jan 19th, 2011 12:21pm Post subject: New Fry reader here; need advice.

I agree with Ginj, read the Liar first. I actually read Moab then The Liar and I found that throughout the novel, I was just picturing Adrian as Stephen and I dont think I really enjoyed it as a fictional piece. Will be interested to know your thoughts on the books as a first time reader though!

Tabascofanatikerin

Posted Wed Jan 19th, 2011 8:43pm Post subject: New Fry reader here; need advice.

I also suggest to read the Liar first.
After all it's the first novel Fry wrote, isn't it?

Always remember: The answer is forty-two, there can only be wrong questions!