Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu May 10th, 2007 9:03pm Post subject: New QI Books!
We're going to have two new QI books to look forward to this Christmas.

QI book releases for 2007

New books from Faber - On page 18 of 72.

The Book of Animal Ignorance will be a follow-up to the Book of General Ignorance and will cover facts of 120 animals with illustrations, maps and diagrams.

The QI Annual 2008 will contain original contributions by Stephen Fry, Alan Davies, Jo Brand, Bill Bailey and other regulars on QI. It will be packed full of games, puzzles, how-to-diagrams, comic strips, mini-encyclopaedias and masses of QI facts.

This is so exciting. I wasn't expecting two new books! I'd heard there's going to be a second interactive dvd but I didn't know about the books. I loved the first book. I've always loved reading books like that since I was a child, books of facts and the books you used to be able to buy for Fun Faxes. One that's focused on animals will be cool. I wonder if they plan on doing other books like this with different themes like science for instance? The annual will be an interesting beast with the regulars all contributing. It should make for a funny book coupled with all the interesting facts.

Assuming direct control...

ClareBear

Posted Thu May 10th, 2007 10:58pm Post subject: New QI Books!
I want the rest of QI on DVD, damnit!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu May 10th, 2007 11:38pm Post subject: New QI Books!
Me too. Especially series C. It's my favourite and I'd love to see the outtakes for series B-D.

I had been wondering what they'd meant on the dust jacket of the General Ignorance book by this being only the tip of the QI iceberg. I wonder what other plans they have?

Lovely Jane

Posted Thu May 10th, 2007 11:50pm Post subject: New QI Books!
I want the rest of QI on DVD, damnit!

yeah, what's the use of a book anyway.
I want the dvds, too (!)

grizzly

Posted Fri May 11th, 2007 6:57pm Post subject: New QI Books!
Just a side note to the iDVD, there's a nice exclusive about it on the blog

Have a read!

boffinbabe12

Posted Wed May 16th, 2007 9:24pm Post subject: New QI Books!
I've never owned an annual...

Amoeba

Posted Wed May 16th, 2007 9:56pm Post subject: New QI Books!
This sounds interesting. If those two books will arrive like the Book of general ignorance did I will probably be able do buy it in 2010

boffinbabe12

Posted Wed May 16th, 2007 9:57pm Post subject: New QI Books!
How irritating.

Phlizz

Posted Wed May 16th, 2007 10:33pm Post subject: New QI Books!
Hmm - I'm confuzzled - I feel like 'Hurrah!' but also like 'oh bugger'

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu May 17th, 2007 6:18pm Post subject: New QI Books!
I've never owned an annual...

I own loads of annuals. I collect them so I'm pretty excited about a QI one being made.

boffinbabe12

Posted Thu May 17th, 2007 9:56pm Post subject: New QI Books!
I'm considering purchasing a Private Eye one

Phlizz

Posted Thu May 17th, 2007 11:15pm Post subject: New QI Books!
I have a Private Eye one from 2004 that you can have if you want it. I love annuals - the Beano book is my favourite

boffinbabe12

Posted Thu May 17th, 2007 11:16pm Post subject: New QI Books!
OOOOOOOOOOoooooooh

Phlizz

Posted Thu May 17th, 2007 11:36pm Post subject: New QI Books!
Is that a yes then?! Or a "wow, Phlizz is cool after all and reads Private Eye" ? *giggles*

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu May 17th, 2007 11:37pm Post subject: New QI Books!
I have a Private Eye one from 2004 that you can have if you want it. I love annuals - the Beano book is my favourite

Mine too!! Do you buy the Beano/Dandy collections every year? The ones with all the old comic strips from a specific decade? I love those! My favourite is the one with the strips from the 50s. I adore the old fashioned boys comics text stories where they're meant to be a bit more serious and about boys going on adventures and getting into scrapes.

I don't have a Private Eye annual. I just have The Penguin Private eye - the one with a stabbed penguin on the cover.