Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Mandibles

Posted Fri Jun 11th, 2010 10:14am Post subject: New QI Series H information

Series H

The eighth series of QI has now been fully recorded. This series will see the 100th episode being broadcast, although we do not know as of yet whether the official 100th episode will be a special (for those wondering, the official 100th episode does not take into account the unbroadcast pilot or the clip shows).

The show features seven new panellists, one guest who has so far only appeared in the unbroadcast pilot, another since Series A and another since Series B. This series features the show's youngest panellist and the first member of the crew to appear on the show since Howard Goodall in Series A.

Here is a guide to all the episodes and guests:

1. House and Home - Bill Bailey, Danny Baker, Eddie Izzard.

2. Hands, Hearts and Heads - Bill Bailey, Gyles Brandreth, Sue Perkins.

3. Happiness - Rich Hall, Andy Hamilton, Phill Jupitus.

4. Holidays - Bill Bailey, Rob Brydon, Rich Hall.

5. Hypnotism - Ronni Ancona, Phill Jupitus, Robert Webb.

6. Highs and Lows - Rob Brydon, Fred MacAulay, Sandi Toksvig.

7. Hodge Podge - Jack Dee, Phill Jupitus, Ross Noble.

8. History - Rob Brydon, David Mitchell, Sandi Toksvig.

9. Horrible - Chris Addison, Sean Lock, Dara Ó Briain.

10. Hypothetical Questions - John Lloyd (yes, the John Lloyd who created QI), Sandi Toksvig, Johnny Vegas.

11. Health and Safety (Possibly Hundredth Episode Special) - Jeremy Clarkson, David Mitchell, Ross Noble.

12. Hoaxes - Danny Baker, Sean Lock, David Mitchell.

13. Horses - Clare Balding, Jimmy Carr, Dara Ó Briain.

14. Hocus Pocus (Christmas Special) - Lee Mack, Graham Norton, Daniel Radcliffe.

15. Hanimals - Sean Lock, Ross Noble, Ruby Wax.

16. Humanity - Jo Brand, Jimmy Carr, Jack Dee.

The Museum of Curiosity

The third gallery of The Museum of Curiosity has almost been completely unveiled. For those who have missed any of the meetings of the museum, which has been curated by John Lloyd and Jon Richardson, you can read about what has been going on from the museum's entry on the British Comedy Guide. Episodes are currently still available from the BBC iPlayer. The final episode of galley three is on 14th June.

This week, the complete second gallery came out on CD. You can buy it from Amazon and Play, or download it from Audible.co.uk

QI Products

A new range of QI products are coming out soon.

The Second Book of General Ignorance: Don't You Know Anything? - The follow-up to the Amazon best-selling Book of General Ignorance, the second book, written by John Lloyd and John Mitchinson contains even more stuff that you think you know, but you don't.

The QI Annual 2011 - The fourth annual book will feature "H" related subjects. Contributors include Alan Davies, Phill Jupitus, Jo Brand, Clive Anderson, Rowan Atkinson, Bill Bailey, David Mitchell, Rob Brydon, Sean Lock and Jimmy Carr.

The QI Annual Bind-Up - A collection of the first three annuals, covering the letters "E", "F" and "G".

Fry: A Memoir - Stephen Fry is to publish his second autobiography, which continues on from where his first, Moab is my Washpot, left off.

Boffinology: The Real Stories Behind Our Greatest Scientific Discoveries - The fourth in QI elf Justin Pollard's selection of "Interesting" books, in which he looks at the more interesting side of science, including how Issac Newton thought gravity was created by the Holy Spirit and the Greek invention of the slot machine.

I Never Knew There Was a Word For That - The three books of former QI elf Adam Jacot de Boinod are published together in this one publication. Containing The Meaning of Tingo, Toujours Tingo and The Wonder of Whiffling, they cover a range of words you never knew existed.

QI Petitions

Just to remind you that there are still some QI petitions being carried out. These are the petition to get the show broadcast in America, which currently has over 10,000 signatures, and the petition to get more DVDs of the show released, which is nearing 1,000 signatures.

To sum it up - HURRAH FOR QI.

Natalie: "Are you finished with your coffee cup Stephen?"
Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue Jun 15th, 2010 12:45am Post subject: New QI Series H information

Excellent summation, Mandies. Looking forward to Mr. Lloyd's appearance. Pity Jimmy Carr and Rich Hall appear in only two episodes respectively. They're always my faves.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

IdeaCollector

Posted Tue Jun 15th, 2010 9:54pm Post subject: New QI Series H information

Very excited about the new season indeed and cannot wait to watch. And if anyone reading this is from the secret BBC police who don't like it when people outside the UK watch their programming...I cannot wait to not watch Qi at all this season.

I mean...erm...what is QI?

XD

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Lauren

Posted Sat Jul 17th, 2010 8:55am Post subject: New QI Series H information

Sue Perkins? Robert Webb?! DANIEL RADCLIFFE?! *faints*

I can't wait for this! Not like a Canadian like me has any way of watching QI.

I'm just not so happy about Johnny Vegas, Gyles and Jeremy Clarkson. Meh. Oh well.

Follow me on Twitter! @Lauren1991

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Aug 12th, 2010 1:06pm Post subject: New QI Series H information

I'm particularly excited about the House and Home episode. Eddie Izzard is going to be on!!! And with Danny Baker and Bill Bailey too. Perfect.

I'm looking forward to new goodies coming out this year as well like the new general ignorance book. The annuals are always good fun too.

Assuming direct control...

Stepherweps

Posted Mon Sep 13th, 2010 11:36pm Post subject: New QI Series H information

I am VERY excited for the new series, I've just saw the Radio Times, it starts on Friday (September 17th) night. I can't wait for the new series, H looks like it going to be an interesting series... I'm most looking forward to History and Health and Safety, but if it's at all like the previous series', it'll all be brilliant.

If you are a tweeter, and wanna follow me, I'm @Stepherweps on twitter.

TheDuchess24

Posted Tue Sep 14th, 2010 9:51pm Post subject: New QI Series H information

So excited!!!! XD

A 17 year old girl from Hampshire with an unhealthy obsession for many things, including the irritatingly unavailable Mr Fry. Will most certainly attempt to kidnap him in the future and force him to marry me.

I apologize in advance, Stephen. ;)

'I am all in a sea of wonders. I doubt; I fear; I think strange things, which I dare not confess to my own soul.' - Bram Stoker.

My blog can be found here!

Stepherweps

Posted Sat Sep 18th, 2010 1:21am Post subject: New QI Series H information

^ Did you enjoy it?

The first thing I did when I came in from work was check to make sure my Sky+ had recorded it. Thankfully it had. So after my Dad had finished watching the news and whatnot, I finally got to watch the new ep. I loved it, it was totally worth the wait! Jack Dee makes me laugh every time he's on, and Stephen's talk of "sexing" had me in fits... Looks like this series is going to be great. Can't wait for the next ep.

According to the Beeb's website next week we have H Anatomy... Interesting..?

Steph.

If you are a tweeter, and wanna follow me, I'm @Stepherweps on twitter.

luna1127

Posted Tue Sep 21st, 2010 6:40am Post subject: New QI Series H information

NFL Jerseys for sale here are only for you, dear customers! We offer not only authentic NFL Jerseys but also satisfying service. The NFL Jerseys on our site won´t cost you much, pls spend some time on these cheap NFL Jerseys. Wish you a pleasant shopping experience.

If you have any needs, we can provide the following for your reference:
buy nfl jerseys
Eli Manning Blue
drew brees jerseys
adrian peterson jerseys

Welcomes to visit our website
buy nfl jerseys

Every kid dreams of owning their favorite player's jersey! It is never too early to support the team, so let your kids in this Adrian Peterson Purple Reebok NFL Replica Minnesota Vikings Youth Jersey. Because at that age, everyone has a shot at making the NFL. Features a smaller version of the adult replica with screen-printed name, number and team logos.

kissaled

Posted Wed Oct 13th, 2010 7:14am Post subject: New QI Series H information

Love, love, love the line up for this series, however, why is Jo Brand only on one show this time round, I always enjoy when Stephen and Jo interact - so funny!!
http://irishhomo.blogspot.com/2010/10/qi-my-old-addiction.html

Thomas FItzgerald

matthewlloyd

Posted Sat Nov 13th, 2010 1:00pm Post subject: New QI Series H information

May I take this opportunity to thank the producers and, ultimately, Mr Fry, for extolling the virtues of Straw Bale building last night.
I've only this week moved my place of work into my home-grown straw bale studio built by myself, at my home. Spread the word folks - it's a straw bale revolution!
M

coffeecat

Posted Mon Nov 22nd, 2010 3:25pm Post subject: New QI Series H information

Is there going to be an episode of QI dedicated to exposing some of the most common fallacies about religious 'history'? The public should be enlightened more often with this sort of shocking religious revelation!

coffeecat