Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

pendle

Posted Sun Nov 20th, 2011 12:49pm Post subject: New R4 Series: "On the Phone"

I am looking forward to this, but I did not like your trailer which stated "twenty years ago the mobile phone was an executive toy".
This is far from the truth. They were valuable tools for surveyors, architects, vets, in fact any profession whose work took them to places where finding a telephone box to call your office was difficult or impossible.
On the contrary, I think the mobile phone has degenerated in recent years from a professional tool into an idler's plaything. I have witnessed people on their friend's doorstep telephoning them to let them in because they don't want to press the doorbell; people sitting in restaurants telephoning someone at a nearby table instead of getting off their backside and walking over to them. I have followed people around grocery stores whose entire basket of purchases was being dictated to them, one article at a time, by an unseen caller, who presumably was unable to write something as simple as a shopping list.

Jennygraham

Posted Mon Jan 9th, 2012 12:23pm Post subject: New R4 Series: "On the Phone"

Actually mobile phones have made the world move fast.Now most of the work we can do with less time.it is just because of mobile phones.I think we should not forget it.