Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Akhen1khan2

Posted Wed Sep 16th, 2009 3:35pm Post subject: New series perhaps

Steven,
Please tell me that a new series is in the offing - pretty please

Mandibles

Posted Wed Sep 16th, 2009 5:04pm Post subject: New series perhaps

I'm not Stephen..but I do have some information about this.

If you mean "Is a new series going to broadcast" then yep, you are in luck! Series G will start airing this Autumn, I believe it will be split into two sections. 8 episodes pre-Xmas, and 8 episodes post-Xmas.. don't quote me on that one though..

Series H will start recording in May/June 2010..roughly.

Natalie: "Are you finished with your coffee cup Stephen?"
Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

Akhen1khan2

Posted Thu Sep 17th, 2009 8:39am Post subject: New series perhaps

Thanks Mandibles. I look forward to watching and laughing. I love the gentle banter dont you?

Mandibles

Posted Thu Sep 17th, 2009 10:54am Post subject: New series perhaps

Absolutely, although I find it impossible to watch with a cup of tea.. too many times I have sprayed my TV set with tea. Some of the jokes just catch you completely offguard.

Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

Akhen1khan2

Posted Thu Sep 17th, 2009 11:00am Post subject: New series perhaps

I feel for Steven's guests, especially poor Allen. To be subjected to one of the sharpest minds in the universe must be pleasantly terifying don't you think?

Mandibles

Posted Thu Sep 17th, 2009 2:21pm Post subject: New series perhaps

Don't let him fool you. Theres a LOT written on them cards of his. Joking aside, Stephen is very erudite and has an INCREDIBLE memory. Even at the rehearsals he throws out facts that the elves didn't consider, so sometimes the cards get amended.

*5 minute debate later*

Akhen1khan2

Posted Thu Sep 17th, 2009 3:23pm Post subject: New series perhaps

May I take it you are somehow connected with QI perhaps.If so, I'm flattered that you can pass on that little titbit. All I can say is "Steven Rules"

marke

Posted Thu Sep 17th, 2009 4:46pm Post subject: New series perhaps

Hi all,

A new series is long overdue. The repeats are great but most of them I must have seen at least 5 times

Wake Up And Smell The Coffee - Grind and Brew

Mandibles

Posted Thu Sep 17th, 2009 4:57pm Post subject: New series perhaps

Hehe, well the new series is imminant. I'm not 100% sure of airdates..but it shouldn't be too long. Theres a Christmas special this year aswell, which I promise will be a LOT of fun. Dave repeats are a blessing to starved QI fans. I imagine the new QI annual will be out soonish too.

*5 minute debate later*

Laur1991

Posted Fri Sep 18th, 2009 6:36am Post subject: New series perhaps

marke said:
Hi all,

A new series is long overdue. The repeats are great but most of them I must have seen at least 5 times

Count your blessings! I haven't even been able to see an old episode QI for months. They've all vanished from youtube!

It must be nice to see shows like Would I lie to You and QI on the ACTUAL Television screen! I always feel like a crook watching them on the internet.

squee127

Posted Sat Sep 19th, 2009 1:04am Post subject: New series perhaps

Does anyone know how they will air this series? As in, will we get 'extended versions' again? Love those! And will feel quite cheated if we just get the mini-edited version

Sub-Level28

Posted Sat Sep 19th, 2009 12:31pm Post subject: New series perhaps

Okey my question answered then.
Why are they edited down? Must be some real gold that's not shown.
Are they full length on the DVDs?

I wish I was a shapeshifter.
Sub-Level 28, My blog

Art is any created work that provokes strong emotions in you, personally. And trying to impose your feelings on someone else is as pointless and time-consuming as trying to impregnate a dishwasher.

Mandibles

Posted Sat Sep 19th, 2009 4:08pm Post subject: New series perhaps

The reason QI is edited, is because if we aired the whole show it would be like, 4 and a ahalf hours long. Not all of it works well, and some of it is just unsuitable for broadcasting. Seriously... some of it is just TOO funny for TV. So the head editor takes the very best of each show, and pieces it together.

The extended editions are still very heavilly edited, but have additional titbits and gems that they couldn't squeeze into the 40 minute BBC 1 slot. The shows aren't full length on the DVDS, the only way to *really* see a full length episode of QI is to book tickets to see it filmed at the London Studios.

I assume we will get extended editions this year, with the original being shown on BBC 1 and the extended edition on BBC 2.. again, please don't quote me on that one.

*5 minute debate later*

Akhen1khan2

Posted Sat Nov 28th, 2009 2:18pm Post subject: New series perhaps

At long last the new series has started My but our darling leader seems so tired. Poor Stephen needs a holiday folks to charge up his batteries... Anyone got a secluded villa for him to relax in?

Laur1991

Posted Sun Nov 29th, 2009 8:24pm Post subject: New series perhaps

I don't know. I think he might have looked tired or frail because he lost a LOT of weight over the year! He is thinking of buying a house (or did he already?) in California, so maybe he'll be all tanned and Californiaized by next season.

Overall, I thought the episode was really good!! It was nice having just the regulars again. Last season they seemed to have someone new every week, and that new person, although quite hilarious, usually overshadowed everyone else.