Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

exoskeleton

Posted Fri Jun 12th, 2009 9:31pm Post subject: New Trefusis
I can make a member's only section which requires you to be logged in to view, which would stop Google finding it....

Let me know.

oh, I think that'd be great! I don't mind sharing stuff at all, and if it was protected so it didn't bother others we could have a lot of fun there!
is anyone else interested?

sockdolager.

exoskeleton

Posted Fri Jun 12th, 2009 9:35pm Post subject: New Trefusis
i figured stuff out but needed help...i think there's a part of it i woulda known better if i went to school in the U.K.

this would be like me making a puzzle about ...stand watie...and... "go to where you choose from torrents of red and green sauce"...and the north to....where the bear drags his claws and aliens land.etc. and sending it to the uk.

or is it? do you guys know all the stuff involved? maybe we're on equal ground?

I think it might have been easier if I could have recognized some cultural things, but I managed to work through it by myself and I went through 13 years of US public schools. based on the amount of information I could find, I think it's is relatively obscure no matter where you are in the world.

sockdolager.

andrealein

Posted Fri Jun 12th, 2009 11:10pm Post subject: New Trefusis
Yeah, I think maybe I'm interested. I just listened to it though and feel rather confused. And I won't have too much time to spend on it the next days. So I can't say if I will be of much help to anyone. Or I can say that I probably won't be of much help

ClareBear

Posted Fri Jun 12th, 2009 11:38pm Post subject: New Trefusis
Google shouldn't find this.

Please mark all spoilery threads with SPOILER in the title.

Midsomerlover

Posted Sat Jun 13th, 2009 12:11am Post subject: New Trefusis
i figured stuff out but needed help...i think there's a part of it i woulda known better if i went to school in the U.K.

this would be like me making a puzzle about ...stand watie...and... "go to where you choose from torrents of red and green sauce"...and the north to....where the bear drags his claws and aliens land.etc. and sending it to the uk.

I can't seem to figure very much out myself too. I'll just wait, listen and enjoy!

Will re-search that first painting though. Glad Stephen/Trefusis showed that to us.

@midsomerlover on Twitter.

exoskeleton

Posted Sat Jun 13th, 2009 2:04am Post subject: New Trefusis
Will re-search that first painting though. Glad Stephen/Trefusis showed that to us.

my favorite part is the first tree on the left side of the path. I also really like the grove of darker trees on the left side because I didn't notice them at first. I wish I could see the painting and also the scene in person.
I am so far from wanting justification for good art, I just love staring at it. when I go to an art museum, I get annoyed how humans have to do things like eat and use the bathroom.

sockdolager.

Julia from Bristol

Posted Sat Jun 13th, 2009 10:32am Post subject: New Trefusis
Numpty here!
Getting a bit confused

Is the suggestion we try to work out what is going to happen in the story that we are downloading slowly?

I haven't listened to the second episode yet so maybe that's why I'm muddled!!

I have a cunning plan!

exoskeleton

Posted Sat Jun 13th, 2009 3:06pm Post subject: New Trefusis

this is what is confusing you. after you've listened to the second episode this will make far more sense.

sockdolager.

Julia from Bristol

Posted Sat Jun 13th, 2009 6:18pm Post subject: New Trefusis

this is what is confusing you. after you've listened to the second episode this will make far more sense.

Thank you! Yes makes complete sense now! Going to listen again looking at the pictures!

I have a cunning plan!

michael

Posted Sat Jun 13th, 2009 7:36pm Post subject: New Trefusis
exoskeleton & love kingdom:

yeah, it is made in a way that you can find out what you need to without knowing certain things from school. there's ways you can find all of the stuff just from what he says.i think my post yesterday was made in frustration and i retract it now. lol!

i got hung up on trying to recognize the man's face, and kept thinking "why don't i know this?" (because he said "you may recognize him" and i definitely didn't!! ) for quite awhile before trying to work from the end back to the middle....know what i mean?

even at my job etc. i'll sometimes get stuck on a little part and get frustrated that i can't fix it till i back up from it and realize i don't need to hammer away at that one thing. it's not as complicated as it seems and if i get frustrated it clouds that up.

good to know it's about the same for people in other places.

next time i'll trust myself till i get it all figured out

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

exoskeleton

Posted Sat Jun 13th, 2009 9:57pm Post subject: New Trefusis
oh, getting stuck on small things is nothing to worry about. the fact that I didn't recognize the placename starting with a "K" sound was making me *so* frustrated. if I had been posting about it I would have been near threatening violence toward cute and fluffy animals. fortunately I had to let the puzzle go for a bit and then came back slightly calmer.

sockdolager.

elTweeno

Posted Sun Jun 14th, 2009 3:51am Post subject: New Trefusis

Don't worry, michael, we're all on a similar footing. Though I guess the 2nd painting would've been slightly easier with an English or History qualification in the UK.

Having figured it all out, I think those educated in Scotland may have a very, very tiny edge over the rest of us. But only a minute one. & given the complexity of it all, I doubt even that makes any real difference. (Hopefully this won't be seen as any kind of spoiler, I've tried to word it so it gives nothing away!)

It's all rather fun, I do like a challenge!

eT

I'm also on Twitter: elTweeno (of course!)

michael

Posted Mon Jun 15th, 2009 3:59pm Post subject: New Trefusis
edited

just realized i should move that

so so sorry

but yeah after i thought of other ways of finding things, i don't have to be scottish or even understand the town name

michael

Posted Mon Jun 15th, 2009 4:29pm Post subject: New Trefusis
p.s. exoskeleton, you didn't do anything wrong. i think maybe people were just shying away from being the first to talk.

and i keep confusing one thread for the other, sorry!

exoskeleton

Posted Mon Jun 15th, 2009 5:05pm Post subject: New Trefusis
thanks, michael, I appreciate it.

*goes over to the other thread to see what michael accidentally said here*

sockdolager.