Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Pseudo_lawyer

Posted Mon Dec 31st, 2007 6:38pm Post subject: New Year's Eve plans
Normally I don't do much for New Year's Eve, but what about you all? I decided that I would cook something special for dinner--boiled shrimp, along with roasted red potatoes and some sort of green vegetable. For dessert, flourless chocolate cake that I baked this morning.

masquerade

Posted Mon Dec 31st, 2007 6:44pm Post subject: New Year's Eve plans
I was having a party at my house... invited all my friends and thought it was gonna be amazing.

Too good to be true.

A ridiculous amount of people have cancelled on me at the last minute, so now there are going to be 5 of us. One of the people who cancelled is mum's boyfriend's daughter, thus causing major family arguments, which Mum is now blaming on me. God knows what I've done wrong in all this.

I have been crying for an hour and wish I could be conveniently run over by a large lorry travelling at high speed.

alley

Posted Mon Dec 31st, 2007 7:10pm Post subject: New Year's Eve plans
will be difficult to find a lorry inside the house...

but honestly that's a bummer i hate it when people cancel last minute and that family comotion doesn't seem nice either.

i'll have a quiet evening.
i friend from a forum just called, i haven't been active there and forgot to write her a christmas card so she was genuinly worried. feels nice to be missed

my plans for the evening....
i just opened a bottle of rioja, frankenstein is already running (and i think boris karloff just came to life )
i came to the computer cause just getting drunk and watching horror classics isn't enough i printed out some work stuff, and because after 3 months of absence i need to re-train my skills i think i'll do a sketch of stephen whilst watching the movie.
frankenstein will be followed by either frankensteins bride or dracula, and after that the invisible man or the wolf man depends on the mood and state of drunkenness i am in by then
or i'll watch something mushy and girly
anyways
you all have a nice eve and remember the next year will be one of your best 80

TobiasMonk

Posted Mon Dec 31st, 2007 7:22pm Post subject: New Year's Eve plans
Dinner and a movie, at home, alone with my wife(finally).

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Dec 31st, 2007 7:29pm Post subject: New Year's Eve plans
Writing an essay. Might spend some time relaxing as well, depends how bored I get with the essay. Might read a bit or play on my DS. This is the first time I've spent a New Year's Eve at home since I was 17. I was going to go to a friend's party but no one else can go so it's not happening now. I'm not a fan of New Year's anyway. I usually feel like crying because it get's me right down. Especially this one. I feel like I've wasted the year I really do.

Assuming direct control...

NHStress

Posted Mon Dec 31st, 2007 7:34pm Post subject: New Year's Eve plans
For those of you who know your "Brit-com", I'll be in Father Jack mode tonight !

Music = A State of Trance Yearmix - Mr Armin Van Buuren

Movies = The Italian Job, or The Forbidden Planet, possibly When Harry Met Sally, sobriety permitting

HAPPY NEW YEAR FOLKS!

Pseudo_lawyer

Posted Mon Dec 31st, 2007 7:36pm Post subject: New Year's Eve plans
I'm not a fan of New Year's anyway. I usually feel like crying because it get's me right down. Especially this one. I feel like I've wasted the year I really do.

Oh heavens, I didn't know I was hitting a sore spot, amyl.

Please don't feel that you've wasted the year. Look forward to the future! I'm sure you really haven't wasted it. An educated, generous Fry fan like you doesn't truly waste the time.

alley

Posted Mon Dec 31st, 2007 7:43pm Post subject: New Year's Eve plans
For those of you who know your "Brit-com", I'll be in Father Jack mode tonight !

FECK! FECK! GIRLS! DRINK!

NUNS! REVERSE!

father Ted sounds like a cunning plan if i only knew where i put the dvds......

maybe i'll go for some black books later

masquerade

Posted Mon Dec 31st, 2007 7:43pm Post subject: New Year's Eve plans
Hopefully my New Year won't be as bad as I'd expected now; one of the people coming to the "party" has offered to have it at her house instead due to the absence of parents there. I will actually be able to drink because I won't need to drop anyone home any more and I no longer have the stress that I am stopping Mum and her boyfriend from enjoying their New Year.

Fingers crossed it doesn't go awry a second time and here's to an evening of moderate drunkeness and singstar.

NHStress

Posted Mon Dec 31st, 2007 7:52pm Post subject: New Year's Eve plans
maybe i'll go for some black books later :D[/quote]

Dang !

Forgot about Black Books,!!!!!!!!!!

Here's my fave English bookshop, not quite Black Books tho

http://www.scarthinserver.co.uk/history.html

alley

Posted Mon Dec 31st, 2007 8:17pm Post subject: New Year's Eve plans
uh i have to add that one to my travel list once i make it across the channel again....
right now dracula is running
gosh i love bela lugosi....
but i feel the weird urge to do my taxes whilst watching... must have something to do with blood sucking.....

my neighbours are at it already fireing fireworks off a balcony. my cats are not amused and so am i....
a friend from berlin said earlier in the city it sounds like war zone again....
yay
hate fireworks

AxmxZ

Posted Mon Dec 31st, 2007 8:20pm Post subject: New Year's Eve plans
Buy groceries, make the traditional Russian New Year's potato salad, then listen to Finnish music. Loudly. From actual speakers instead of through headphones. Also, Russian music. Also, possibly Russian radio. Also, I might have a Russian show running on TV in the background.

That is until the boy gets home, puts the kibosh on all this unbridled multi-kulti and turns on Ultimate Fighting or something of the sort.

alley

Posted Mon Dec 31st, 2007 8:35pm Post subject: New Year's Eve plans
axmxZ finnish music?
tule tanssimaan?
best tango i ever heard

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Dec 31st, 2007 8:54pm Post subject: New Year's Eve plans
I'm not a fan of New Year's anyway. I usually feel like crying because it get's me right down. Especially this one. I feel like I've wasted the year I really do.

Oh heavens, I didn't know I was hitting a sore spot, amyl.

Please don't feel that you've wasted the year. Look forward to the future! I'm sure you really haven't wasted it. An educated, generous Fry fan like you doesn't truly waste the time.

Oh please don't be. I don't want to bring everyone down. It's New Years. I need to try and look on at the new year as a positive thing. I'm trying not to worry about the year just gone anymore and want to focus on achieving my goals and dreams. It's hard but I keep trying.

Assuming direct control...

NHStress

Posted Mon Dec 31st, 2007 8:54pm Post subject: New Year's Eve plans
So Alley

You got the fireworks, what time does the snogging start ?
(traditional German New Years Eve ? - I'm sure its been mentioned on here)