Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

monochromeprincess

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 9:30pm Post subject: Next Qi
Hey there
I thought it'd be great if everyone who had requested tickets for the next QI could say because hey, we could all meet up if there are a few people that get to go to the same recording! And how awesome would that be?

So yeah. I don't know how it works, does when you request them determine how likely you are to get them / the answers you gave to the questions (I remember there was a question about music or something)? Does anyone know how much time beforehand you get told that you have them or whether you get told that you haven't?

Well regardless, I did my applausestore thing on 13th September.

thanks guys

much love
mp xxx

@dreamingshadow

canuckuk

Posted Wed Feb 18th, 2009 10:04pm Post subject: Next Qi
That is such a great idea.

I haven't put in for tickets, but would do so if the plan was for us to go en masse.

Let me know what I should do. X

Mandibles

Posted Wed Feb 18th, 2009 11:02pm Post subject: Next Qi
Hey there
I thought it'd be great if everyone who had requested tickets for the next QI could say because hey, we could all meet up if there are a few people that get to go to the same recording! And how awesome would that be?

So yeah. I don't know how it works, does when you request them determine how likely you are to get them / the answers you gave to the questions (I remember there was a question about music or something)? Does anyone know how much time beforehand you get told that you have them or whether you get told that you haven't?

Well regardless, I did my applausestore thing on 13th September.

Theres a thread in this very section about how to apply for QI tickets. As for time prior, ApplauseStore aren't very good. They release the tickets sometimes less than 4 weeks in advance to the shows, and trust me when I say they oversell their seats.

Imagine trying to fit the population of Scotland into a Mini Cooper. That just about sums it up. If you don't recieve a confirmation email which starts,

"Congratulations, you have now been booked to see Stephen Fry's QI..."

then I'm afraid you haven't been allocated a spot. Thousands of people apply for tickets for every show..but the AS need to sort out their system.

Hope that helps in someway.

PS: Wants to meet you all more than anything x

Natalie: "Are you finished with your coffee cup Stephen?"
Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

ClareBear

Posted Wed Feb 18th, 2009 11:35pm Post subject: Next Qi
If you do get tickets. queue HOURS before the time stated. Take a picnic and some friends.

canuckuk

Posted Thu Feb 19th, 2009 8:45am Post subject: Next Qi
You're both gems.

At that rate, maybe we should just book them for a private party! Have a couple of grand spare?

Off for a looksee.

X

Roxy641

Posted Thu Feb 26th, 2009 8:40pm Post subject: Next Qi
I have yet to be in the audience for a Qi show. Don't
seem to have much luck in that department, and if
the poster that mentioned how applause.com oversubscribe
their tickets.

Roxy641

"Life is too important to be taken seriously". OSCAR WILDE.

Mandibles

Posted Fri Feb 27th, 2009 7:48pm Post subject: Next Qi
I'm definetly going to be there for the first recording on the 8th, hopefully the 9th too.

Then hopefully 26th, 28th, 29th. This is of course assuming that my cunning plan comes to fruition.

Idk how many others I'll be attending, but I've saved up £1000 anyway to travel up and down the country x

Natalie: "Are you finished with your coffee cup Stephen?"
Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

~Rachel~

Posted Fri Feb 27th, 2009 7:59pm Post subject: Next Qi
I'd be happy if I got to just one...