Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Maxx England

Posted Wed Apr 22nd, 2009 10:03pm Post subject: Non geocentric religion....
Just a thought, brought on by the God Bless The Pope thread in the Zero Room.

Astronomers have known for years about the Universe not revolving around our dear little ball of rock, which itself is wafting along around a fairly ordinary star.

Why haven't any of the "major religions" accepted that this world may not actually be a major priority for their version on The Invisble Friend?

Nothing to do with losing their jobs is it? You have a little talk among yourselves, I'm off out to see if the FSM will call today.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

PamJH

Posted Thu Apr 23rd, 2009 6:10am Post subject: Non geocentric religion....
I've talked amongst myself (that was weird) and here's what I think.

I think you're right. If everyone all of a sudden stopped believing in all of this, what would all these pastors, priests, missionaries and such do for a living? OK, I'm sure they'd say they truly believe in the afterlife, heaven and all that. But if all of a sudden people decided they could believe without the use of organized religion, well that means the same thing for folks who make a living pushing it. They're out of jobs.

I guess I'm just grateful these people aren't currently swelling the ranks of the unemployed.

Corona

Posted Mon Apr 27th, 2009 5:30pm Post subject: Non geocentric religion....
I had not thought about the god not caring much about the world. This explains it. He is trying to do too much and not suceeding.