Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Oct 30th, 2007 3:28am Post subject: north american stuff
"what do you mean north american stuff?" it's a place to write about american stuff...and canadian stuff. but only stuff you like. i'm too tired to sit around reading the very very very long list of american entertainment that sucks.

"what brought this on, banjo?" well, i felt bad for typing a whole paragraph in the middle of a thread about what american shows and people i DO find funny.

so here.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Oct 30th, 2007 3:35am Post subject: north american stuff
so to repeat what i said in another thread:

I HEART AMY SEDARIS. and i like david sedaris too. i like john stewart and stephen colbert and conan o'brien. i also really like some of the people recently involved with saturday night live... tina fey, amy pollard, and will farrell. i haven't watched it in forever, and snl can be pretty bad, but right after sept 2001 they started making me laugh when i never thought i could.

i also like king of the hill. and will always LOVE kids in the hall.

there are many older american tv shows i adore: mary tyler moore is one.

all these items i propose as good north american funny stuff.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Oct 30th, 2007 6:50am Post subject: north american stuff
I HEART Slings and Arrows. It was the best mini series on television (hell, it was the best ANYTHING on television). I miss it.

TobiasMonk

Posted Tue Oct 30th, 2007 9:13am Post subject: north american stuff
Deadwood
Boston Legal
The West Wing
Saturday Night Live
King of the Hill
The Simpsons
Adult Swim
The Carol Burnett Show(especially Tim conway)
Mash
South Park

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

ClareBear

Posted Tue Oct 30th, 2007 12:24pm Post subject: north american stuff
Trailer Park Boys

TobiasMonk

Posted Tue Oct 30th, 2007 4:05pm Post subject: north american stuff
We used to get Trailer Park Boys here too, but for some reason BBCAmerica stopped airing it.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Oct 30th, 2007 5:35pm Post subject: north american stuff
I HEART Slings and Arrows. It was the best mini series on television (hell, it was the best ANYTHING on television). I miss it.

i rented season three, it's the only bit i saw. it WAS really good. i'd never heard anything about it before or since.

CAROL BURNETT!! ace. the gone with the wind sketch was one of the greatest.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Oct 30th, 2007 5:59pm Post subject: north american stuff

i rented season three, it's the only bit i saw. it WAS really good. i'd never heard anything about it before or since.

CAROL BURNETT!! ace. the gone with the wind sketch was one of the greatest.

Make sure you see Season 1 (my personal fav) and two!!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Oct 30th, 2007 7:00pm Post subject: north american stuff
Star Trek
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Angel
The Riches
Supernatural
Family Guy
American Dad
Futurama
The Simpsons
South Park
Wondershowzen
Mystery Science Theatre 3000

That's it really. The rest of the shows I like from there are cartoons, mostly from the 60,s 70,s 80s and 90s. Oh and other kid shows like Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Pete and Pete and Clarissa Explains It All.

Assuming direct control...

TobiasMonk

Posted Tue Oct 30th, 2007 7:09pm Post subject: north american stuff
Mystery Science Theatre-Have you seen the episode where they do "Mothra"?

Walt Whitman

Soupy Twist

Posted Tue Oct 30th, 2007 7:15pm Post subject: north american stuff
House
South Park
Futurama
M*A*S*H
ER (the earlier seasons)
Star Trek
Home Improvement

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Oct 30th, 2007 7:28pm Post subject: north american stuff
Mystery Science Theatre-Have you seen the episode where they do "Mothra"?

Aww no I haven't! Have you seen Puma Man? X-D Jack Frost is the best one I've seen. I couldn't stop laughing. X-D X-D X-D

Assuming direct control...

Pseudo_lawyer

Posted Tue Oct 30th, 2007 7:55pm Post subject: north american stuff
Star Trek

As I said in the other thread, yes! MST3K is fantastic.

Kids in the Hall---absolutely! Always loved them. My mother even loves them--I was surprised b/c I thought they were too gross for her. (She's kind of a puritan.)

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Oct 31st, 2007 12:06am Post subject: north american stuff
Star Trek

As I said in the other thread, yes! MST3K is fantastic.

Kids in the Hall---absolutely! Always loved them. My mother even loves them--I was surprised b/c I thought they were too gross for her. (She's kind of a puritan.)

even with dave foley starts bleeding from the ear on a date and it fills up his own wine glass??

or when the chicken lady kicks an 8 year old off a mechanical pony so she can masterbate on it?

i gotta say, my parents weren't too into it. but i was!!!

Pseudo_lawyer

Posted Wed Oct 31st, 2007 1:48am Post subject: north american stuff

or when the chicken lady kicks an 8 year old off a mechanical pony so she can masterbate on it?

Basically, every time I watched KITH with my mom and there was a sketch about the chicken lady, I would get worried b/c I thought she would say I couldn't watch the show anymore. (I was about thirteen then.) I would look over and see my mom wincing at some of the grossness, but inevitably, I would look over again and she would be laughing. It was weird.