Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

lostatsea

Posted Fri Mar 14th, 2008 3:00pm Post subject: Now have Hiv - Wishing to contact stephen fry
Hello, and i hope i`m in the right room, like others i saw the 2 part programme about Hiv, and i myself had the shocking news in November about i now have HIV myself, and now i`m 8 weeks in on pills etc..

I watched the show, but it did not give me any hope, as somebody new to this illness it did not give me any information on about being new to Hiv in the Uk, and what my future holds, all i saw was death and sadness from the 80`s, and did make me cry..

Today i do not know what my future holds, my support group are great, but with no funding, my life is destroyed and needs to be rebuild from the start infact you could say my life now is about being reborn in fact...

I think a new Tv programme should go one air, let people of the Uk today know whats in store for them and life under the shadow of Hiv..

If stephen wishes to contact me, i would go on tv with him, and let the world know of my fears and dreams destroyed, and what my life holds for me now.

I hope somebodys passes this on to him, he can email me and meet up, i will go on tv if he wishes and open the Uks eyes to the story today, and maybe help others who are new to Hiv, and hope to guide them though this..

Many thanks for reading, and any kind words you also have for me...

Alan

katysara

Posted Tue Apr 29th, 2008 7:10pm Post subject: Now have Hiv - Wishing to contact stephen fry
Dear Alan,

Sorry to hear your news about having HIV, but as you know, it is no longer a death sentence, meds work and more new ones are being developed all the time.

People here will be supportive, but I feel I must let you know that Stephen does not post on this forum (he posts his blogs etc, but not on the chat forums). I can't say for sure whether or not he ever reads them, but I do think it unlikely, as there are so many posts and he is a very busy man. I am sure he would wish you well.

Take care,
KSx

I am an administrator on this site.

"Having a great intellect is no path to being happy."
~ Stephen Fry

See my website: www.katysaraculling.com

attention

Posted Wed Apr 30th, 2008 7:59pm Post subject: Now have Hiv - Wishing to contact stephen fry
lostatsea,

How are you doing at the moment? It is over a month since your posting.
You had a clear plan written in your posting. I have a hunch that it might have fallen apart after hearing that Mr Stephen Fry might not read your mail.
Look, if Stephen cannot be there in person, I am very sure that he would like to if he only had the time. If this fact gives you strength to write down all your fears and questions about the future, it is absolutely worth while doing and writing.

You are really facing a tremendous change and you need help! What I somehow sense from your text is that you are not getting all the information you need from the sources you should - your health care provider. They have no excuses, it is there job to take care of you.

lostatsea, let me give you a very very warm hug!
-loved to share my attention!

katysara

Posted Wed Apr 30th, 2008 8:34pm Post subject: Now have Hiv - Wishing to contact stephen fry
Imagine Stephen is here - for he created this place where people who are like-minded to him congregate and share experiences. We may not be famous like SF, but we think alike and care just as much as I know he would if he had the time to read this. I am convinced that had he the time he would answer, but he is compelled to work very hard and so has little free time.

Write to us.

KSx

I am an administrator on this site.

"Having a great intellect is no path to being happy."
~ Stephen Fry

See my website: www.katysaraculling.com